Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade Von before the deadline

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Trade Von before the deadline

    He’s walking anyways….comp pick?

    probably can get more from a playoff team who could use Von this year.

  • #2
    I'm for it. Von is no where near what he use to be. Get what we can for him.

    Comment


    • #3
      I’d love to see him be a pass rusher in Buffalo.

      they can actually pressure the QB and don’t have a sieve for a secondary.

      Comment


      • #4
        **** that.
        fire Fangio and get a new coach that uses generational edge rushers as rushers instead of DBs

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Old Coyote View Post
          **** that.
          fire Fangio and get a new coach that uses generational edge rushers as rushers instead of DBs
          yea...he had him split out as slot corner again today.

          It's impossible to ascertain whether Von is in decline because Fangio has never known how to use him correctly (like it's hard). It's obvious he coaches up some sort of "contain rush" weirdness as both Von and Chubb started doing this weird hesitation rush since Fangio got here.

          Anyhow, in addition to getting rid of a loser head coach, we will be be dumping the most overrated DC I've ever seen. Passive soft zone big play giving up no turnover creating crap.

          Give me Wade's aggression over this soft passive shit anyday.

          Comment


          • #6
            You might also want to look at trading Lock or Teddy right now too. Neither in the 2022 plans May as well see if someone gives a pick…

            this dude never could stay healthy. Now behind a horrendous OL OT to OT he’s gonna be hurt even more.




            Paton should be in full sell mode Until deadline.

            Comment


            • #7
              Nah. You can't trade a Broncos legend like Von Miller. That sends an awful message to the entire locker room. He has earned the right to choose his own destination after this year if he doesn't want to stick around. If he were to somehow go up to Paton and say, "Trade me." — that's a whole different ball game.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                Nah. You can't trade a Broncos legend like Von Miller. That sends an awful message to the entire locker room. He has earned the right to choose his own destination after this year if he doesn't want to stick around. If he were to somehow go up to Paton and say, "Trade me." — that's a whole different ball game.
                I’d approach him and see if we wants a shot at a winning defense. Buffalo? Baltimore? Not sure what the market would be. But no you don’t trade him to Detroit or Miami. Do it right.

                Comment


                • #9
                  i'd chop the whole team up. callahan, fuller, von. sutton? patrick? i don't give a ****. lets draft 15 guys next year. i honestly dont see the path forward anymore.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by B-Large View Post

                    I’d approach him and see if we wants a shot at a winning defense. Buffalo? Baltimore? Not sure what the market would be. But no you don’t trade him to Detroit or Miami. Do it right.
                    The trade market might not be as good as the potential compensatory selection Denver could get if he signed a hefty, multi-year deal with a team in free agency. That's a decision Paton is going to have to weigh with a lot of these guys because most of the "assets" are in the final year of their current deals.

                    Who is going to give up quality picks for half a season's worth of play for guys like Fuller, Callahan, Patrick, Gordon, etc.? The same line of thought can be extended to guys like Graham Glasgow. He is on slate for $14M next year. What would the Broncos realistically be able to get for him? A conditional 2023 draft pick?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by The1percentKid View Post
                      You might also want to look at trading Lock or Teddy right now too. Neither in the 2022 plans May as well see if someone gives a pick…
                      I don’t think either of them have much value. Who would want either of them, and why?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Mozzafiato View Post

                        I don’t think either of them have much value. Who would want either of them, and why?
                        True. Lol. Cam just got vaccinated and wants to play somewhere.


                        he’s better than both.


                        no one trading for Teddy or Lock. Haha.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by The1percentKid View Post
                          He’s walking anyways….comp pick?

                          probably can get more from a playoff team who could use Von this year.
                          Comp pick maxes out at a 5th round pick for veterans I think

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Requiem View Post

                            The trade market might not be as good as the potential compensatory selection Denver could get if he signed a hefty, multi-year deal with a team in free agency. That's a decision Paton is going to have to weigh with a lot of these guys because most of the "assets" are in the final year of their current deals.

                            Who is going to give up quality picks for half a season's worth of play for guys like Fuller, Callahan, Patrick, Gordon, etc.? The same line of thought can be extended to guys like Graham Glasgow. He is on slate for $14M next year. What would the Broncos realistically be able to get for him? A conditional 2023 draft pick?
                            I think they would be able to get at least a 5th round pick. New rule says 10 year vet can't get higher than a 5th round comp pick iirc.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by SGB View Post
                              I think they would be able to get at least a 5th round pick. New rule says 10 year vet can't get higher than a 5th round comp pick iirc.
                              I had no idea there was a new rule with respect to that.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Fangio’s defense does not play to Von’s strengths. Having one of the best pass rushers in team history split out to cover slot receivers should tell you all you need to know. Bring back Wade Phillips and this defense would at least be competitive.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post

                                  yea...he had him split out as slot corner again today.

                                  It's impossible to ascertain whether Von is in decline because Fangio has never known how to use him correctly (like it's hard). It's obvious he coaches up some sort of "contain rush" weirdness as both Von and Chubb started doing this weird hesitation rush since Fangio got here.

                                  Anyhow, in addition to getting rid of a loser head coach, we will be be dumping the most overrated DC I've ever seen. Passive soft zone big play giving up no turnover creating crap.

                                  Give me Wade's aggression over this soft passive shit anyday.
                                  ^This, very much, ^This

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Von’s also much better when the team has a lead, why do you think he’s disappeared the last 3 weeks? Elite pass rushers are fairly useless when you’re always down multiple scores.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      I will root for Von wherever he plays. Would like to see him in Buffalo, Arizona or even Green Bay. Give him a shot at another Super Bowl!

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by Requiem View Post

                                        The trade market might not be as good as the potential compensatory selection Denver could get if he signed a hefty, multi-year deal with a team in free agency. That's a decision Paton is going to have to weigh with a lot of these guys because most of the "assets" are in the final year of their current deals.

                                        Who is going to give up quality picks for half a season's worth of play for guys like Fuller, Callahan, Patrick, Gordon, etc.? The same line of thought can be extended to guys like Graham Glasgow. He is on slate for $14M next year. What would the Broncos realistically be able to get for him? A conditional 2023 draft pick?
                                        It would have to be a contender with a pressing positional need due to injury I guess. Gordon and Patrick have looked good Fuller has been garbage.

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          His worth is a half spent bag of Doritos at this point.

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            Originally posted by Requiem View Post

                                            I had no idea there was a new rule with respect to that.
                                            I have no idea where I heard that. Maybe it was a podcast? I can't find anything though to confirm.

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              Always ahead of the media.





                                              need as much draft capital as possible…they should 100% at least put him on the trade block and see what’s offered.


                                              How stupid is the line of thinking that broncos shouldn’t trade a player Fangio values. Really? Fangio is gone. This is why in season firings make sense. Instead, choose to get nothing of value for long term, just so an HC whos fired at seasons end gets to keep a player for a few meaningless games….

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                Only if Von really wants to leave. Otherwise he should retire a Bronco. We have a ton of talent and no coach/QB. If Paton thinks he can fix it next year, then we should keep Von. He's still a great player, he's just hamstrung by scheme.

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  Originally posted by Samiwindr View Post
                                                  Only if Von really wants to leave. Otherwise he should retire a Bronco. We have a ton of talent and no coach/QB. If Paton thinks he can fix it next year, then we should keep Von. He's still a great player, he's just hamstrung by scheme.
                                                  It’s shame to watch him being utilized lie he is right now.

                                                  Comment

                                                  Working...
                                                  X