Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Draft Day! The Official 2022 NFL Draft First Round Mega Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • It's Draft Day! The Official 2022 NFL Draft First Round Mega Thread

    WELCOME TO THE 2022 NFL DRAFT.
    THE JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS ARE ON THE CLOCK!


    Let's go!

    Click image for larger version  Name:	c13ecc8b-0b2c-4173-a5f2-af7e7038b3d5_text.gif Views:	0 Size:	922.0 KB ID:	84634

  • #2
    So, what’s your predictions?

    Who do you see the Jags taking?

    Any other too 10 insights you want to share?

    Even though we don’t have a first rounder, love the draft.

    Comment


    • #3
      A couple of people on Twitter are saying the Jaguars are taking Travon Walker over Aiden Hutchinson and others.

      Comment


      • #4
        Good insights from Albert Breer.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Requiem View Post
          A couple of people on Twitter are saying the Jaguars are taking Travon Walker over Aiden Hutchinson and others.
          Or Evan Neal.

          What is your opinion Req? Tough call.Definitely not a clear Home

          Comment


          • #6
            BRING IT!!!

            Comment


            • #7

              Comment


              • #8
                This draft should be fun. Trades! Will there be any big trades that go down today? Deebo maybe?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Shellback88 View Post

                  Or Evan Neal.

                  What is your opinion Req? Tough call.Definitely not a clear Home
                  If I were the Jaguars, I'd be trying to trade out of the first pick. They probably can't though.

                  That defense of theirs has a ton of holes, so I'd probably opt for an EDGE rusher out of this year's class first. Totally understand their thinking with Walker over Hutchinson. Think that's them playing the long game and hoping Walker's traits and play-style eventually mesh into an All-Pro caliber player. More upside there.

                  As far as OL go, I like Ekwonu over Neal. His athleticism really stands out and the guy can move. Sounds like from reports he had some of the best interviews of any prospect in this year's draft. There was an article on The Athletic where a scout mentioned he was one of the smartest players he's interviewed.

                  Overall, my favorite prospect is Sauce Gardner. Jacksonville's not going to take him, but he sure would help their secondary.

                  If Jacksonville goes Walker, I'd expect Detroit to keep Hutchinson local.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Requiem View Post

                    If I were the Jaguars, I'd be trying to trade out of the first pick. They probably can't though.

                    That defense of theirs has a ton of holes, so I'd probably opt for an EDGE rusher out of this year's class first. Totally understand their thinking with Walker over Hutchinson. Think that's them playing the long game and hoping Walker's traits and play-style eventually mesh into an All-Pro caliber player. More upside there.

                    As far as OL go, I like Ekwonu over Neal. His athleticism really stands out and the guy can move. Sounds like from reports he had some of the best interviews of any prospect in this year's draft. There was an article on The Athletic where a scout mentioned he was one of the smartest players he's interviewed.

                    Overall, my favorite prospect is Sauce Gardner. Jacksonville's not going to take him, but he sure would help their secondary.

                    If Jacksonville goes Walker, I'd expect Detroit to keep Hutchinson local.
                    I keep hearing after the top 15 this is a draft that is not spectacular, but that it has depth into the third round. This year works out well for us in regards to trading some top picks for Wilson.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Broncos!!! Pick some great ones. We've got a great GM, last in the division, a new QB from the great state of Virginia, a new coach, and a thirst to be great again. We are the best franchise in the entire AFC West. We've let the little kids steer for awhile because we were tired of listening to them bitch about losing, but it's time to get back in the driver's seat.

                      Kicking and screaming with everybody we got.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Shellback88 View Post

                        I keep hearing after the top 15 this is a draft that is not spectacular, but that it has depth into the third round. This year works out well for us in regards to trading some top picks for Wilson.
                        Yeah. Depth in this year's draft is good. Top-tier talent? Not so much compared to others. Broncos are in a great position.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Requiem View Post

                          If I were the Jaguars, I'd be trying to trade out of the first pick. They probably can't though.

                          That defense of theirs has a ton of holes, so I'd probably opt for an EDGE rusher out of this year's class first. Totally understand their thinking with Walker over Hutchinson. Think that's them playing the long game and hoping Walker's traits and play-style eventually mesh into an All-Pro caliber player. More upside there.

                          As far as OL go, I like Ekwonu over Neal. His athleticism really stands out and the guy can move. Sounds like from reports he had some of the best interviews of any prospect in this year's draft. There was an article on The Athletic where a scout mentioned he was one of the smartest players he's interviewed.

                          Overall, my favorite prospect is Sauce Gardner. Jacksonville's not going to take him, but he sure would help their secondary.

                          If Jacksonville goes Walker, I'd expect Detroit to keep Hutchinson local.
                          If I were the Jags, I would take two weeks off and fold the franchise.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Garcia Bronco View Post

                            If I were the Jags, I would take two weeks off and fold the franchise.
                            Lmao! What a sad team. The days of Jimmy Smith, Mark Brunell, and Keenan McCardell upsetting the Broncos are long gone. . .

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Lots of good information.
                              A different sort of Mock Draft. Here are my 51 NFL Draft prospects that make the most sense for the Denver Broncos.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Originally posted by Requiem View Post

                                Yeah. Depth in this year's draft is good. Top-tier talent? Not so much compared to others. Broncos are in a great position.
                                And not so good for the Chiefs 👍

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by Requiem View Post

                                  Lmao! What a sad team. The days of Jimmy Smith, Mark Brunell, and Keenan McCardell upsetting the Broncos are long gone. . .
                                  That was a great group of players, and it seems like that was a couple of season ago...turns out...it was a couple of decades ago.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                                    A couple of people on Twitter are saying the Jaguars are taking Travon Walker over Aiden Hutchinson and others.
                                    Even though I like Walker and took him in the OH draft, if Hutchinson would have been available I would have taken him. I think Jacksonville should take him 1.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by Shellback88 View Post

                                      And not so good for the Chiefs 👍
                                      Chiefs are loaded with picks. Hope everyone they draft is a bust!

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by Requiem View Post

                                        Chiefs are loaded with picks. Hope everyone they draft is a bust!
                                        I agree…lol

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          If Jets offer 2 #1’s I think that gets it done. Deebo to Jets rumors

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            Does more picks in a draft that's a crapshoot actually increase your chances of selecting better players? I don't think it does. There is a tipping point, but it's like the lottery. I can buy 20 tickets, but that doesn't increase my chances of winning. The chances are still about the same unless I buy all the possible numbers.

                                            Comment


                                            • BowlenBall
                                              BowlenBall commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              You are, in fact, 20 times more likely to win any lottery with 20 tickets than you are with 1 ticket. Math!

                                          • #23
                                            I still think we have willis in the top 10 and corral or pickett right after. Teams always reach on QBs. I bet all 3 are gone before 25.

                                            Comment


                                            • #24
                                              Originally posted by Shellback88 View Post
                                              Lots of good information.
                                              Ok, so not first round, but this guy was in the article you posted and he has me very intrigued - Coastal Carolina’s Isaiah Likely. His skillset reminds me of another WR/TE "tweener" we drafted out of Savannah State a few years back. What was his name, can't quite remember but he had quite a mouth on him.

                                              I understand his "testing" didn't blow people away but his game film is spectacular. If we want a developmental "stretch the field" TE, he's my guy.

                                              Comment


                                              • #25
                                                Originally posted by cmhargrove View Post

                                                Ok, so not first round, but this guy was in the article you posted and he has me very intrigued - Coastal Carolina’s Isaiah Likely. His skillset reminds me of another WR/TE "tweener" we drafted out of Savannah State a few years back. What was his name, can't quite remember but he had quite a mouth on him.

                                                I understand his "testing" didn't blow people away but his game film is spectacular. If we want a developmental "stretch the field" TE, he's my guy.

                                                I wouldn't mind him either. He blocks almost as well as McBride too.

                                                Comment

                                                Working...
                                                X