Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Energy Company kills 150 Eagles

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Green Energy Company kills 150 Eagles

    Shameful
    A green energy company has pleaded guilty after it was discovered that 150 Bald Eagles have been killed by their wind farms. The Bald Eagle is the symbol of America and they are a protected species. Killing them is a serious crime. Do you remember a few years ago when Trump suggested that this could…
    Last edited by Blueflame; 04-09-2022, 04:37 PM.

  • #2
    The Gateway Pundit is a far-right website founded by former corporate executive (and dumbest man on the Internet [2]) Jim Hoft, who is also a principal writer,[3] along with his twin brother Joe.[4] Often cited by such "scholars" as Matt Drudge, it holds a strong pro-Trump[5] stance, is anti-liberal, and has occasional flirtation with outright white supremacists. It is a fairly popular blog, allegedly getting 4 to 5 million views each month, once again proving that being popular doesn't necessarily make you right.

    Disinformation[edit]


    The Gateway Pundit tends to care primarily about riling up its right-wing base over actually doing any journalism, such as fact checking. As such, they have published a number of false stories. These include such claims as Hillary Clinton taking Algeria off the terror watch list, with their "proof" being a politifact story that debunks the claim. [6]

    The site often misidentifies perpetrators of attacks, claiming they are liberal. The site has spread false information about the 2017 Las Vegas shooting(misidentifying the perpetrator) and the 2018 Stoneman Douglas High School shooting (stating that the survivors were crisis actors);[3] in both events, Gateway Pundit has claimed, without evidence, that the perpetrators were Democrats. [3] The site also falsely claimed that the Jacksonville landing shooter was a redditor who posts anti-trump messages, despite the shooter being dead and the redditor being alive. [7]

    The Gateway Pundit actually received White House press credentials in 2017 from the Trump administration, but the tipping point of their vileness may have been reached when they were disinvited from a panel at the 2018 Conservative Political Action Conference due to their "reportage" over the Stoneman Douglas shooting by Wintrich.[3]

    On February 14, 2018, Hoft, Gavin McInnes, Paul Nehlen, and several other people and entities were sued for defamation for falsely naming the driver who killed Heather Heyer at the 2017 Unite the Right rally.[3][8]

    The Gateway Pundit was one of the many far-right media outlets who pushed baseless fraud claims after the 2020 United States presidential election. On February 7, 2021, this got Jim Hoft's @gatewaypundit Twitter account suspended. [9][10] In May 2021, Hoft claimed that the January 6 insurrection was "staged" by anti-Trump operatives, and everything that the FBI and media say about the event are lies.[1] The Gateway Pundit was so sure that no one could convince them otherwise about their claim about one particular false allegation that they made (what they call "drop and roll"), that they dangled $10,000 to anyone who wanted to try to fight their wilful ignorance.[11][12]

    Gateway Pundit and the Hoft twins have been named in a defamation lawsuit by two minor election officials who claim that the website made false accusations against them that resulted in a torrent of threats and harassment resulting in them being unable to live normal lives.[4]

    In September 2021, Google had enough of the Gateway Pundit's COVID, COVID vaccines, and 2020 election disinformation and kickbanned them from its AdSense advertising program, effectively cutting off the site's primary source of revenue.[13][14] (Rationalwiki)
    • You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. (10 Commandments)

    Comment


    • #3
      Regardless of the source, the fact is that "green energy" company did in fact kill bald eagles and was fined.

      Comment


      • #4
        Not as many as lead ammo.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Roh View Post
          [I]The Gateway Pundit is a far-right website
          https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-...es-2022-04-07/

          U.S. wind energy company pleads guilty to killing 150 eagles

          Better?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Roh View Post
            Not as many as lead ammo.
            .

            Comment


            • #7
              Who said anything about banning guns?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BroncoJoe View Post
                Regardless of the source, the fact is that "green energy" company did in fact kill bald eagles and was fined.
                It’s not going to be covered by MSM. They protect their agenda. So when GP puts it out and they keep it hidden, this is what they do. Trash the source.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Shellback88 View Post

                  It’s not going to be covered by MSM. They protect their agenda. So when GP puts it out and they keep it hidden, this is what they do. Trash the source.
                  To be fair, the article you posted was wrong. It wasn’t 150 bald eagles. From the Reuters article Beav posted:

                  Most of those killed were golden eagles, the national symbol of Afghanistan, Mexico, Egypt, Germany and Scotland, although some were bald eagles, the national symbol of the United States, according to court documents.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mozzafiato View Post

                    To be fair, the article you posted was wrong. It wasn’t 150 bald eagles. From the Reuters article Beav posted:
                    That is true, which pulls in the Murica heart strings a little less. Although killing Goldens is also illegal.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Mozzafiato View Post

                      To be fair, the article you posted was wrong. It wasn’t 150 bald eagles. From the Reuters article Beav posted:

                      Most of those killed were golden eagles, the national symbol of Afghanistan, Mexico, Egypt, Germany and Scotland, although some were bald eagles, the national symbol of the United States, according to court documents.
                      Here is where the headline came from. Not everyone knows the difference. I see them daily. Both are beautiful. Quite a tragedy. Green energy is bad for the environment in many ways. You just won’t hear about it from MSM.
                      Attached Files

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        So your right wing rag changed 150 eagles to 150 bald eagles to appeal to the symbolically patriotic zeal of its far-right readers. You should change the thread title for the sake of accuracy.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Shellback88 View Post

                          It’s not going to be covered by MSM. They protect their agenda. So when GP puts it out and they keep it hidden, this is what they do. Trash the source.
                          Your sources are "trash." As Beav pointed out, every media outlet covered the story. You posted the dishonest site that turns the story into a culture wars weapon of false association and even the more ludicrous goal of exonerating Trump of his idiocy about the subject.

                          Wind turbines kill birds? Yes. So do airplanes. So do cars and trucks. So does feeding on dead animals killed by lead ammo. So do the windows of skyscrapers. So do radio towers. So does farm equipment. So does heating the planet. Are you going to blame all that on the "radical left?"

                          For a purported "Christian," you sure do love dishonesty.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Aztec Bronco View Post
                            So your right wing rag changed 150 eagles to 150 bald eagles to appeal to the symbolically patriotic zeal of its far-right readers. You should change the thread title for the sake of accuracy.
                            It’s funny that many of these same people acting like they care about eagles applaud when the EPA and other environmental groups get defunded. Big companies polluting the air, rivers, streams, lakes, and oceans? Zero fooks given! But they draw the line at eagles!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Shellback88 View Post

                              Here is where the headline came from. Not everyone knows the difference. I see them daily. Both are beautiful. Quite a tragedy. Green energy is bad for the environment in many ways. You just won’t hear about it from MSM.
                              So Reuters and NPR aren’t part of the “MSM” I guess?

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Still love nuclear energy… just think it should be a bigger part of our energy pie…

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by Shellback88 View Post

                                  Here is where the headline came from. Not everyone knows the difference.
                                  I'd say the vast majority of people know there are bald eagles and then there are other eagles (like the golden)

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by Mozzafiato View Post

                                    It’s funny that many of these same people acting like they care about eagles applaud when the EPA and other environmental groups get defunded. Big companies polluting the air, rivers, streams, lakes, and oceans? Zero fooks given! But they draw the line at eagles!
                                    For many of these conservatives, symbolism is all that matters. The flag is important. Bald eagles are important. Actually living up to the country’s ideals? Optional.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by Shellback88 View Post

                                      Here is where the headline came from. Not everyone knows the difference. I see them daily. Both are beautiful. Quite a tragedy. Green energy is bad for the environment in many ways. You just won’t hear about it from MSM.
                                      Which would you say is worse for the environment, "green energy" or, say, burning fossil fuels?

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

                                        I'd say the vast majority of people know there are bald eagles and then there are other eagles (like the golden)
                                        You’d think. But no offense I’ve seen a lot of what I think is common sense from city slickers when the come out to our farm.

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          Originally posted by Roh View Post

                                          Which would you say is worse for the environment, "green energy" or, say, burning fossil fuels?
                                          Green energy is way worse. It’s just another mind control game.

                                          What do you think is better for Putin? Green.

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            Originally posted by Aztec Bronco View Post
                                            So your right wing rag changed 150 eagles to 150 bald eagles to appeal to the symbolically patriotic zeal of its far-right readers. You should change the thread title for the sake of accuracy.
                                            If one person sounds the alarm, but in the rush is off on the color of bird, and another hides the truth, which is worse?

                                            The worst thing would be an omission & cover up. That’s what you get from liberal rags.


                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              Originally posted by Aztec Bronco View Post
                                              For many of these conservatives, symbolism is all that matters. The flag is important. Bald eagles are important. Actually living up to the country’s ideals? Optional.
                                              So deflect. Neat.

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                Originally posted by B-Large View Post
                                                Still love nuclear energy… just think it should be a bigger part of our energy pie…
                                                Iran says thank you.

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  Originally posted by Shellback88 View Post

                                                  If one person sounds the alarm, but in the rush is off on the color of bird, and another hides the truth, which is worse?

                                                  The worst thing would be an omission & cover up. That’s what you get from liberal rags.
                                                  It’s not being omitted or covered up though. So your whole point is garbage.

                                                  https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wi...leads-83916292

                                                  https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...d-us-rcna23360

                                                  https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2022/04/06/150-eagles-killed-wind-turbines/9492311002/

                                                  Comment

                                                  Working...
                                                  X