Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New stadium extortion a-comin’

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New stadium extortion a-comin’

    The old decrepit Bowlen Bowl is a fire hazard death trap. Obviously.

    New stadium will be extorted from us. Again.

  • #2
    Good

    Comment


    • #3
      Too bad the whole thing didn’t burn down.

      Comment


      • #4
        With you in it

        Comment


        • #5
          In November 1998, Denver voters passed referendum 4A which was in favor of the construction of a new football stadium to replace the existing Mile High Stadium. The referendum was included on the ballots of six Colorado counties that comprise the Denver Metropolitan area.
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empowe...d_at_Mile_High

          Nothing was "extorted". The taxpayers approved it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Wagsy should find a non-Broncos related board to haunt with his "free government lunch everywhere all the time, except for the Broncos" 😂

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BroncoJoe View Post

              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empowe...d_at_Mile_High

              Nothing was "extorted". The taxpayers approved it.
              C’mon. Don’t be so naïve. The NFL game is to leave an NFL-worthy city without a team so that when a billionaire owner wants taxpayers to cough up a stadium, that city is used to extort taxpayers via threats of departure.

              Dean Bonham wrote a column in support of the Bowlen Bowl by imagining the Broncos moving elsewhere.

              “San Antonio Broncos” sure does sound nice.

              PS - A modest ticket surcharge could have covered the cost without taxpayer subsidy. Apparently Bronco fanaticism really isn’t worth that much.
              Last edited by W*GS; 03-25-2022, 10:02 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
                Wagsy should find a non-Broncos related board to haunt with his "free government lunch everywhere all the time, except for the Broncos" 😂
                There’s that “socialism for the rich, nada for the poor” take from the right that’s just so typical.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by W*GS View Post

                  C’mon. Don’t be so naïve. The NFL game is to leave an NFL city without a team so that when a billionaire owner wants taxpayers to cough up a stadium, that city is used to extort taxpayers. Dean Bonham wrote a column in support of the Bowlen Bowl by imagining the Broncos moving elsewhere.

                  A moderate ticket surcharge could have covered the cost without taxpayer subsidy.
                  One-tenth of one percent sales tax. BFD. The people voted for it.

                  Do you even live here?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BroncoJoe View Post

                    One-tenth of one percent sales tax. BFD. The people voted for it.

                    Do you even live here?
                    If the amount the tax cost us was so tiny, how come a tax was needed? Why couldn’t Bowlen get all the financing himself, and/or, why couldn’t the game-attending fans pay a cheek fee? The Broncos are worth billions in no small part because of the Bowlen Bowl, which we taxpayers paid for. I say we’re due a refund.

                    And I paid the Bowlen Tax. MFer.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by W*GS View Post

                      If the amount the tax cost us was so tiny, how come a tax was needed? Why couldn’t Bowlen get all the financing himself, and/or, why couldn’t the game-attending fans pay a cheek fee? The Broncos are worth billions in no small part because of the Bowlen Bowl, which we taxpayers paid for. I say we’re due a refund.

                      And I paid the Bowlen Tax. MFer.
                      What happened to all the economic impact revenue multipliers you guys love to bounce around on all your other government-financed projects?

                      The Broncos generate a ton of city revenue. And tourism.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by W*GS View Post

                        If the amount the tax cost us was so tiny, how come a tax was needed? Why couldn’t Bowlen get all the financing himself, and/or, why couldn’t the game-attending fans pay a cheek fee? The Broncos are worth billions in no small part because of the Bowlen Bowl, which we taxpayers paid for. I say we’re due a refund.

                        And I paid the Bowlen Tax. MFer.
                        As did I. And I have absolutely ZERO problems with it.

                        Cute ending, by the way.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
                          What happened to all the economic impact revenue multipliers you guys love to bounce around on all your other government-financed projects?
                          Socialism for the multimillionaire to make him a billionaire is par for the conservative course.

                          The Broncos generate a ton of city revenue. And tourism.
                          Nope. Entertainment dollars are fungible, too.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BroncoJoe View Post

                            As did I. And I have absolutely ZERO problems with it.

                            Cute ending, by the way.
                            Bowlen was quite the MFer, true.

                            I wonder why Bowlen had so little faith in his fans that he couldn’t toss a fee onto the ticket and self-finance the fire trap?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by W*GS View Post

                              Socialism for the multimillionaire to make him a billionaire is par for the conservative course.
                              You know there are billionaires behind lots of those green energy projects you demand public funding for. Pull the plug!

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

                                You know there are billionaires behind lots of those green energy projects you demand public funding for. Pull the plug!
                                Squirrel!

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by W*GS View Post

                                  Socialism for the multimillionaire to make him a billionaire is par for the conservative course.
                                  It's high dogma for conservatives. Right up there with the Old Testament.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
                                    Wagsy should find a non-Broncos related board to haunt with his "free government lunch everywhere all the time, except for the Broncos" 😂
                                    Let's be real: conservatives are not opposed to "free government lunch" in principle - their only fear is that the "wrong people" might benefit.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by W*GS View Post

                                      Squirrel!
                                      You know how many billionaires your subsidized 'rape the earth for Lithium' batteries have made?

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

                                        You know how many billionaires your subsidized 'rape the earth for Lithium' batteries have made?
                                        So "football stadium == lithium batteries?"

                                        Sure, I can see how they both address the same socioeconomic problems or needs.

                                        🤣

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

                                          You know how many billionaires your subsidized 'rape the earth for Lithium' batteries have made?
                                          You shouldn’t try to use analogies. You can’t use them properly.

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            Originally posted by W*GS View Post

                                            You shouldn’t try to use analogies. You can’t use them properly.
                                            I'm not sure you're grasping what an analogy is, Wagsy.

                                            This isn't one.

                                            You demand we subsidize Billionaires every day. Ironic that one of the few times you object is when it's Broncos ownership... On a Broncos board.

                                            Heh.

                                            Irony is so routinely lost on you.

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
                                              You demand we subsidize Billionaires every day.
                                              Huh?

                                              In any case, I suppose the reasons for subsidies never factor into your calculus, huh?

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
                                                I'm not sure you're grasping what an analogy is, Wagsy.

                                                This isn't one.

                                                You demand we subsidize Billionaires every day. Ironic that one of the few times you object is when it's Broncos ownership... On a Broncos board.

                                                Heh.

                                                Irony is so routinely lost on you.
                                                Too bad you fans couldn’t be bothered to pay a cheek fee. Your fanaticism is rather shallow.

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  Originally posted by W*GS View Post

                                                  Too bad you fans couldn’t be bothered to pay a cheek fee. Your fanaticism is rather shallow.
                                                  You don't go to games? You don't watch on TV either do you Wags.

                                                  Comment

                                                  Working...
                                                  X