Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breyer Retires

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Breyer Retires

    This ought to be fun.



    Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer plans to retire, paving the way for Biden pick
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/stephen...tice-retiring/

  • #2
    Merrick Garland 2.0

    Comment


    • #3
      Lol, exactly what the country needs… this is gonna be amazing

      Comment


      • #4
        Of course, nobody is going to request the most qualified candidate. Every tribe on the left is going to demand somebody who represents their interests and McConnell and his pals are going to say, "We don't care who it is. We'll block them."

        So far, Biden has had 1/6, Covid, inflation, ending Afghanistan, various natural disasters, constant attacks from the Trump media at Fox and elsewhere, Putin's threat of war and now, a SCOTUS pick. Why would anybody actually want to be president in this day and age?

        Comment


        • #5
          Mitch will stall because you know, the POTUS election is only 1,014 days away and the People should decide SCOTUS.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by W*GS View Post
            Mitch will stall because you know, the POTUS election is only 1,014 days away and the People should decide SCOTUS.
            In reality, I doubt he'll do much about it. The court is so packed with right wingers now that the next pick is merely window dressing.

            Comment


            • #7
              So Biden will announce he is looking for a black women who gets along with him and doesn't think he is a racist old man to fill the position, narrowing things down to my friend's grandma in Seattle and a few other women scattered across the country.

              Comment


              • #8
                Breyer didn't announce retirement. Supposedly he's pissed it went down this way.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Roh View Post
                  Of course, nobody is going to request the most qualified candidate. Every tribe on the left is going to demand somebody who represents their interests and McConnell and his pals are going to say, "We don't care who it is. We'll block them."

                  So far, Biden has had 1/6, Covid, inflation, ending Afghanistan, various natural disasters, constant attacks from the Trump media at Fox and elsewhere, Putin's threat of war and now, a SCOTUS pick. Why would anybody actually want to be president in this day and age?
                  The corporate media as a whole has been working to sabotage Biden one way or another, e.g., by full frontal attacks (Fox, et al) or by simply ignoring anything positive.

                  This is undoubtedly because Joe has been making too many noises about corporations paying their fair share of taxes, ways to help the little people narrow the inequality gap, etc.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    IMO, the perfect pick for this point in time (for a number of reasons) would be this guy...


                    Click image for larger version

Name:	?url=http%3A%2F%2Fs3-origin-images.politico.com%2Fnews%2F090619_obama_297.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	40355

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Roh View Post
                      IMO, the perfect pick for this point in time (for a number of reasons) would be this guy...


                      Click image for larger version

Name:	?url=http%3A%2F%2Fs3-origin-images.politico.com%2Fnews%2F090619_obama_297.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	40355
                      If for no other reason than to watch the Trumpkins go apoplectic and totally lose their minds. 😂

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post

                        If for no other reason than to watch the Trumpkins go apoplectic and totally lose their minds. 😂
                        Along with Rogers, Alito, Gorsuch, McConnell, et al. 🤣

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Taft was President that later became a SCOTUS...and Chief Justice to boot IIRC

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Nominate Trump’s sister and see if all the Republicans still oppose 🤣

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post

                              If for no other reason than to watch the Trumpkins go apoplectic and totally lose their minds. 😂
                              Hell, why stop with Obama? Go with Hillary. 😉

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Or go really crazy and nominate Rudy. You could hold the press conference at the Four Seasons total landscaping. 👍🏻

                                Click image for larger version

Name:	566BF950-A2C8-425F-9742-6E63AFF1BB96.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	40407
                                🥴

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by Roh View Post
                                  IMO, the perfect pick for this point in time (for a number of reasons) would be this guy...


                                  Click image for larger version  Name:	?url=http%3A%2F%2Fs3-origin-images.politico.com%2Fnews%2F090619_obama_297.jpg Views:	9 Size:	17.0 KB ID:	40355
                                  He isn't a women right now though. Biden has boxes to check and Obama's current gender identity just doesn't make the cut.
                                  Click image for larger version

Name:	external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	215.7 KB
ID:	40414

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    I think Biden will go all in and pick a transgender gay black female, the divine woke archetype being.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Should be the best candidate for the job...not protected class criteria. While not applicable, that's what the CRA of 64 is trying to do.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by Mile High Salute View Post
                                        Or go really crazy and nominate Rudy. You could hold the press conference at the Four Seasons total landscaping. 👍🏻

                                        Click image for larger version  Name:	566BF950-A2C8-425F-9742-6E63AFF1BB96.jpg Views:	7 Size:	46.7 KB ID:	40407
                                        🥴
                                        Right next to the Dildo Factory… lol… classic!

                                        Yes he undermined the very foundations of the American Idea/ Republic… but man it was never a dull news cycle!

                                        meanwhile Very Tired Joe can barely muster up the energy to call a reporter a “son of a bitch”… low energy!

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          Unfortunately, it will be the most "woke" pick, further weakening the slim chances of the Dems in November.

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            Originally posted by B-Large View Post

                                            Right next to the Dildo Factory… lol… classic!

                                            Yes he undermined the very foundations of the American Idea/ Republic… but man it was never a dull news cycle!

                                            meanwhile Very Tired Joe can barely muster up the energy to call a reported a “son of a bitch”… low enegy!
                                            Or he could pick Trump and clear the deck for the 2024 election.

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              Originally posted by uplink View Post
                                              He isn't a women right now though. Biden has boxes to check and Obama's current gender identity just doesn't make the cut.
                                              Click image for larger version

Name:	external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	215.7 KB
ID:	40414
                                              How about Michelle then?

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                Originally posted by Roh View Post

                                                Or he could pick Trump and clear the deck for the 2024 election.
                                                Trump is gonna be the next Speaker of the House. 😉

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  Originally posted by B-Large View Post

                                                  Right next to the Dildo Factory… lol… classic!

                                                  Yes he undermined the very foundations of the American Idea/ Republic… but man it was never a dull news cycle!

                                                  meanwhile Very Tired Joe can barely muster up the energy to call a reporter a “son of a bitch”… low energy!
                                                  Only the best people!!!!

                                                  Comment

                                                  Working...
                                                  X