Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jewell gone for season

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jewell gone for season

    Torn Pec.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...?ocid=msedgntp

  • #2
    Injuries have really set is back for a few years now. Sucks.

    Comment


    • #3
      We should sign or trade for someone

      Comment


      • #4
        Ouch- now I feel a bit bad calling him a high motor/ lunch pail guy... he will be missed.

        Comment


        • #5
          Dang, he was playing really good too.

          Comment


          • #6
            Hey if the cup is half full , what a ****ing hit to go out on though. Someone should put up a sound bite of that hit.

            Comment


            • #7
              Too many injuries already for only 2 games and now it's a 17-game season. Jewell was the communicator on defense.

              Comment


              • #8
                The Denver Broncos may be without Josey Jewell for a significant amount of time. If that's the case, there are some linebackers they could sign.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Options: Free agent, trade, raid or promote from practice squad, stick w/ Strnad & Browning.

                  Denver Broncos: 4 ways the team can replace Josey Jewell (usatoday.com)


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Old Dude View Post
                    Options: Free agent, trade, raid or promote from practice squad, stick w/ Strnad & Browning.

                    Denver Broncos: 4 ways the team can replace Josey Jewell (usatoday.com)

                    Strnad was having a good camp last year before he got hurt. Hoping he surprises.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by winstoncup bronco View Post

                      Strnad was having a good camp last year before he got hurt. Hoping he surprises.
                      I'm just glad they talked about him on TV so I know how to pronounce his name.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Strnad got a lot of work in the preseason and today's depth chart has him elevated to starter status. Browning is technically Johnson's backup and he saw a lot less work than Strnad due to an injury early in camp.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          like i said in the other thread why not call about cj mosley? we have no money at mlb next year.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Josey has been an underrated and underappreciated member of the Broncos since he has been drafted. You really couldn't ask for much more from a fourth-round pick. He's way better than people ever gave him credit for. It's a big loss for the defense, but hopefully Strnad and pick up the slack.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Yerner View Post
                              like i said in the other thread why not call about cj mosley? we have no money at mlb next year.
                              I don't think the plan is to spend significant money at ILB. (At least it wasn't before.)

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                                Josey has been an underrated and underappreciated member of the Broncos since he has been drafted. You really couldn't ask for much more from a fourth-round pick. He's way better than people ever gave him credit for. It's a big loss for the defense, but hopefully Strnad and pick up the slack.
                                Yes, I agree. He was not only playing well, but he is the QB of the defense and makes all the calls. A true 3-down LBer. Who takes his place as the on field play caller? It won't be Strnad, he needs to concentrate on his play.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post

                                  Yes, I agree. He was not only playing well, but he is the QB of the defense and makes all the calls. A true 3-down LBer. Who takes his place as the on field play caller? It won't be Strnad, he needs to concentrate on his play.
                                  The Broncos had Strnad in with the green dot for the preseason when he was getting a majority of the reps. I wouldn't be surprised if they have him take on that task too. I'd assume if they didn't, it would have to be Johnson. I guess I'm not too sure how common it is for non-LBs to have that role getting the calls from the sideline.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by Requiem View Post

                                    The Broncos had Strnad in with the green dot for the preseason when he was getting a majority of the reps. I wouldn't be surprised if they have him take on that task too. I'd assume if they didn't, it would have to be Johnson. I guess I'm not too sure how common it is for non-LBs to have that role getting the calls from the sideline.
                                    I didn't know that about Strnad & preseason. I wouldn't 2nd guess Fangio if he has him wear the green dot, but it just seems like a big responsibility for a kid that has never started a game before. If not Johnson, why not Simmons? He & Jewell are prolly the smartest guys on the defense.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post
                                      I didn't know that about Strnad & preseason. I wouldn't 2nd guess Fangio if he has him wear the green dot, but it just seems like a big responsibility for a kid that has never started a game before. If not Johnson, why not Simmons? He & Jewell are prolly the smartest guys on the defense.
                                      Simmons makes a lot of since given his smarts, experience, and the fact he plays every snap.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                                        Josey has been an underrated and underappreciated member of the Broncos since he has been drafted. You really couldn't ask for much more from a fourth-round pick. He's way better than people ever gave him credit for. It's a big loss for the defense, but hopefully Strnad and pick up the slack.
                                        Yeah, there was sort of the shit on Josey club at the Mane, which I never understood. He's an excellent inside the box backer. He's actually gotten better in coverage as well.

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          Originally posted by Requiem View Post

                                          The Broncos had Strnad in with the green dot for the preseason when he was getting a majority of the reps. I wouldn't be surprised if they have him take on that task too. I'd assume if they didn't, it would have to be Johnson. I guess I'm not too sure how common it is for non-LBs to have that role getting the calls from the sideline.
                                          Maybe they will have an open competition: who can repeat the calls from the coach best.

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            Originally posted by Teddy2Gloves View Post
                                            Yeah, there was sort of the shit on Josey club at the Mane, which I never understood. He's an excellent inside the box backer. He's actually gotten better in coverage as well.
                                            I think a lot of the anti-Josey sentiment was predicated on a dumb belief that since he was never an elite athlete—he couldn't succeed in pass coverage or be a good player. Last year he did a solid job in coverage and was having a fantastic start to this season in that regard as well. He has always been a plus run defender.

                                            Folks seem to forget that what is in between the ears and in your chest matters a Hell of a lot more on the field than elite athletic traits. Josey's football intelligence and ability to quickly process and diagnose helped him overcome not having top-tier traits. I'll take guys like him who never quit, love football, and give it 150-percent each game on this team all the time. Eight days out of the week!

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              Originally posted by Teddy2Gloves View Post

                                              Yeah, there was sort of the shit on Josey club at the Mane, which I never understood. He's an excellent inside the box backer. He's actually gotten better in coverage as well.
                                              We will miss him against the Ravens for sure.

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                Actually, I think the Broncos will be alright at LB. There is still a young man on the PS they can add to Strnad and Griffith.

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  Pectoral injuries suck. I'm looking at you, Elvis Dumervil.

                                                  Comment

                                                  Working...
                                                  X