Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Courtland Sutton how great is it to have this guy back.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Courtland Sutton how great is it to have this guy back.

    I mean the dude can flat out ball. He was everywhere doing everything. Seems as though he shook the bugs off and trusts his knee now. 159 yard on nine receptions. Awesome.

  • #2
    He was great. Hopefully Jeudy can come back healthy, they really complement each other.

    Comment


    • #3
      So much young talent on this team that is getting the time to pull it together against some lesser teams. Let’s hope they hit full stride by the time the schedule gets a bit more difficult.

      Seeing Courtland “back” is significantly important for this team moving forward. If he can consistently put up 100 yard games, everything else will click underneath and in the run game.

      welcome back Court!

      Comment


      • #4
        Sutton is such a monster for DBs.

        he can always draw PIs too.

        Comment


        • #5
          You have to wonder how much having Sutton last season would have benefitted Lock.... probably quite a bit

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by B-Large View Post
            You have to wonder how much having Sutton last season would have benefitted Lock.... probably quite a bit
            It couldn't of hurt, but you also wonder if Lock could of taken advantage of it.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post

              It couldn't of hurt, but you also wonder if Lock could of taken advantage of it.
              I'm not sure, I'd like to think Sutton on field just makes every other route runner that much more open in the Defense. Still think TBW pocket presence is what sets him apart, I'm sure more time in the NFL has helped with that as well.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post

                It couldn't of hurt, but you also wonder if Lock could of taken advantage of it.
                Hmm, I wonder if a guy with a huge arm would take advantage of a deep threat WR that can catch anything ?

                Comment


                • #9
                  I haven't given up completely on Lock, but TB just seems like such a better QB that I kinda forgot all about him.

                  Sutton makes the QB's job much easier.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by quoydogs View Post

                    Hmm, I wonder if a guy with a huge arm would take advantage of a deep threat WR that can catch anything ?
                    Exactly

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Nice to see TB actually throwing catchable deep balls consistently.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post
                        Nice to see TB actually throwing catchable deep balls consistently.
                        I will say it's nice to see TBW going for it. It was a nice surprise. I will give him credit , he is playing much more aggressively then the play I've seen him play in the past. I'm a little worried about going against a high powered offense though. I don't think TBW can put up the #'s on the board to win. Glad our D has 3 games to put it together before we play one. We will need them to keep the score down. I think we can win any game this year that we keep the opponent to 21 points or less.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post

                          It couldn't of hurt, but you also wonder if Lock could of taken advantage of it.
                          Sutton is the kind of receiver that Lock would develop chemistry with more easily. He's a guy that uses his size to block out defensive backs and will grab 50/50 balls for you. His game isn't as much about getting separation from corners as it it just out physicalling them. Jeudy is all about precision and timing. There is a reason he and Teddy developed more chemistry in 3 weeks of TC than Lock and Jeudy developed all last season.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Just like we can’t seem to get Von & Chubb playing together, we can’t seem to get Jeudy & Sutton together either. Damn.

                            Comment


                            • Mozzafiato
                              Mozzafiato commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Good point. And also an unfortunate one.

                          • #15
                            This more Teddy analysis, but features only Sutton targets. Really good.

                            Comment


                            • #16
                              Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post
                              This more Teddy analysis, but features only Sutton targets. Really good.
                              So I created a thread on the old mane about Sutton falling to the ground weird. This video shows exactly what I'm talking about at the 1:35 minute mark. He goes down knees first. The coaching staff really needs to fix this as he will get hurt again. Especially now that he is wearing a brace.

                              Comment


                              • #17
                                So, before this game I was about to make a thread about how the Broncos should consider trading Courtland when Jeudy comes back because Courtland is a jump ball WR and Teddy doesn't throw those passes. I was thrilled to see him explode like he did this game. I hope Teddy continues to lean on him and start to take a few more chances with those jump balls.

                                This must be killing Lock because they were really good together.

                                Comment


                                • #18
                                  Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post
                                  I haven't given up completely on Lock, but TB just seems like such a better QB that I kinda forgot all about him.

                                  Sutton makes the QB's job much easier.
                                  Gave up on / forgot about who??? TB5 is ballin. I said 8 wins on the season, bump that to 11 with surprising QB play. This is a 11 win team!!!
                                  Last edited by Drunk Monkey; 09-21-2021, 03:35 PM.

                                  Comment


                                  • #19
                                    Originally posted by Johnykbr View Post
                                    So, before this game I was about to make a thread about how the Broncos should consider trading Courtland when Jeudy comes back because Courtland is a jump ball WR and Teddy doesn't throw those passes. I was thrilled to see him explode like he did this game. I hope Teddy continues to lean on him and start to take a few more chances with those jump balls.

                                    This must be killing Lock because they were really good together.
                                    Totally agree with that last statement. Lock heavily relied on Sutton in 2019 and his absence killed our deep threat. So tough to lose both Sutton and Miller that early last year. Season was over before it began.

                                    Comment


                                    • #20
                                      Originally posted by Samiwindr View Post

                                      Totally agree with that last statement. Lock heavily relied on Sutton in 2019 and his absence killed our deep threat. So tough to lose both Sutton and Miller that early last year. Season was over before it began.
                                      It would have been interesting to see the Lock and Sutton get more PS time but it is what it is.

                                      Comment


                                      • #21
                                        What’s scary is Sutton doesn’t look like he’s 100% back from injury. Fully-revovered, he will be among the elite.

                                        Comment


                                        • #22
                                          Originally posted by quoydogs View Post

                                          Hmm, I wonder if a guy with a huge arm would take advantage of a deep threat WR that can catch anything ?
                                          Yeah a guy could do that......Lock though??? Probably a better chance he violates Covid rules again.

                                          Comment


                                          • #23
                                            Great to see Sutton back. He should just get stronger as year roles on. When Jeudy is back? Yikes!

                                            Comment

                                            Working...
                                            X