Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you like to see from Orange Huddle's Politics forum (private poll)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What would you like to see from Orange Huddle's Politics forum (private poll)

    No need to discuss, and poll is anonymous, so vote how you choose
    9
    I would like to see more civil discussion and less shouting at each other
    66.67%
    6
    I like it the way it is
    22.22%
    2
    Politics is about winning, period. There should be more focus on owning and belittling the enemy
    11.11%
    1

  • #2
    Set some ground rules - facts aren't disputable, for example.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by W*GS View Post
      Set some ground rules - facts aren't disputable, for example.
      The average WPR poster, left and right, disagrees with your post. Let's face it, both sides, yourself include, find facts they disagree with as inconvenient and ignore worthy.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Tned View Post
        The average WPR poster, left and right, disagrees with your post. Let's face it, both sides, yourself include, find facts they disagree with as inconvenient and ignore worthy.
        Ignoring a fact is different than disputing one. Facts aren't disputable.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by W*GS View Post
          Set some ground rules - facts aren't disputable, for example.
          Then you’re in BIG trouble

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Atwater27 View Post
            Then you’re in BIG trouble
            How do you figure?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by W*GS View Post

              How do you figure?
              You ARE fake news

              Comment


              • #8
                Click image for larger version

Name:	36ebba9c-62a3-4f64-89f5-21b68524c6f1_text.gif
Views:	40
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	38225.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	36ebba9c-62a3-4f64-89f5-21b68524c6f1_text.gif
Views:	40
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	38225.
                  Best Sci-Fi Horror movie ever? I’d make a very strong case. Nice post!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by B-Large View Post

                    Best Sci-Fi Horror movie ever? I’d make a very strong case. Nice post!
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	giphy.gif?cid=790b7611a29de2545552bcd743d23cf5796a3eb1df2978e4&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g.gif Views:	0 Size:	683.1 KB ID:	38241
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	1*CRDOoHvDir_3PNPCG_xWcA.jpg Views:	0 Size:	139.0 KB ID:	38240


                    Click image for larger version  Name:	bladerunner020.jpg Views:	1 Size:	52.5 KB ID:	38242


                    Click image for larger version  Name:	bladerunner006.jpg?w=696.jpg Views:	1 Size:	25.4 KB ID:	38244


                    Click image for larger version  Name:	bladerunner016.jpg?w=696.jpg Views:	1 Size:	28.0 KB ID:	38246

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	bladerunner015.jpg?w=696.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	38247


                    Last edited by El Minion; 01-21-2022, 10:10 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by El Minion View Post

                      Click image for larger version Name:	giphy.gif?cid=790b7611a29de2545552bcd743d23cf5796a3eb1df2978e4&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g.gif Views:	0 Size:	683.1 KB ID:	38241
                      Click image for larger version Name:	1*CRDOoHvDir_3PNPCG_xWcA.jpg Views:	0 Size:	139.0 KB ID:	38240


                      Click image for larger version Name:	bladerunner020.jpg Views:	1 Size:	52.5 KB ID:	38242


                      Click image for larger version Name:	bladerunner006.jpg?w=696.jpg Views:	1 Size:	25.4 KB ID:	38244


                      Click image for larger version Name:	bladerunner016.jpg?w=696.jpg Views:	1 Size:	28.0 KB ID:	38246

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	bladerunner015.jpg?w=696.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	38247

                      Maybe the better argument would have been the original Alien?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Atwater27 View Post

                        You ARE fake news
                        Try proof next time.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I don't think of Blade Runner as being a horror film. Good and interesting science fiction. Saw it at the Cooper when it came out.

                          Alien is just a plain ol' horror movie with a sci-fi flavor; Aliens was just an action flick, mainly.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by W*GS View Post
                            I don't think of Blade Runner as being a horror film. Good and interesting science fiction. Saw it at the Cooper when it came out.

                            Alien is just a plain ol' horror movie with a sci-fi flavor; Aliens was just an action flick, mainly.
                            After watching The Expanse, I can’t help but watch Alien, Star Trek or any other space based content without thinking “wonder how the create gravity”….

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by B-Large View Post

                              After watching The Expanse, I can’t help but watch Alien, Star Trek or any other space based content without thinking “wonder how the create gravity”….
                              Usually conveniently technobabbled away. Obviously we need gravity just as much as we need air, water, and food. Another limiting factor and the reason we're not going interplanetary any time soon, if ever.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Originally posted by W*GS View Post
                                Set some ground rules - facts aren't disputable, for example.
                                It used to be a fact that the earth was flat, for example.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by B-Large View Post

                                  After watching The Expanse, I can’t help but watch Alien, Star Trek or any other space based content without thinking “wonder how the create gravity”….
                                  The Expanse is so awesome. They typically say things like magnetics or energy fields. The warp field's role, IIRC, is to keep mass from expanding at the speed of light.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by Garcia Bronco View Post

                                    The Expanse is so awesome. They typically say things like magnetics or energy fields. The warp field's role, IIRC, is to keep mass from expanding at the speed of light.
                                    The series is fabulous, I’ve watched it 10 times… love that is got extended, thanks Amazon!

                                    Yeah, I’m not sure Star Trek even bothered to address it, but the show really isn’t about space, just happens to take place there I guess… also love that there is always a class M planet for them to breathe the air, etc.. referencing TNG mostly…

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by W*GS View Post

                                      Usually conveniently technobabbled away. Obviously we need gravity just as much as we need air, water, and food. Another limiting factor and the reason we're not going interplanetary any time soon, if ever.
                                      I had never thought of the fact you need gravity to heal a wound…. As noted in the season when the ships get stopped cold In the ring…

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        We'll have to merge with our technology to go into space. Our bio-forms can't take it.

                                        Click image for larger version

Name:	452bf208bf901322968557227b8f6efe.jpg?itok=tO9ra50l.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	38340

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          Originally posted by Roh View Post
                                          We'll have to merge with our technology to go into space. Our bio-forms can't take it.

                                          Click image for larger version

Name:	452bf208bf901322968557227b8f6efe.jpg?itok=tO9ra50l.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	38340
                                          or we could be more thoughtful to gift right under out feet....

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            Originally posted by B-Large View Post

                                            or we could be more thoughtful to gift right under out feet....
                                            That's the easy answer. What is it within humans that feeds their constant dissatisfaction?

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              Originally posted by Roh View Post

                                              That's the easy answer. What is it within humans that feeds their constant dissatisfaction?
                                              the same apparatus that convinces us we must go on eternally when we die? Not matter how shitty we were, its all good? a sort of deeply seeded narcissism? I'm not sure if its even biological, maybe its cultural? both probably.

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                I think people like Mark Zuckerberg would be more than happy to merge with technology. Hell, he's half-way there.

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  "But your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they never stopped to think if they should." Dr. Ian Malcolm

                                                  Comment

                                                  Working...
                                                  X