Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

58% of Voters Now Believe Cheating was Likely in 2020 Election

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 58% of Voters Now Believe Cheating was Likely in 2020 Election

    58% of voters now believe cheating was likely in the 2020 presidential election.

    This number is UP 4 points since the last Rasmussen poll.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CFFCC42B-1E38-44A1-A733-52F72B22F525.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	231.8 KB
ID:	37154

  • #2
    The Big Lie is having its desired effect.

    Comment


    • #3
      58% of Voters Now Believe Cheating was Likely in 2020 Election

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post

        B Loves Carl Sagan

        Comment


        • #5
          Well, one wonders just how many of the

          " - New -
          - Independedent/Unaffiliated Voters Only - "

          were queried for this poll. 58% of say 1000 likely voters would not be that many. Certainly not as large a percentage of the total electorate as this poll is suggesting.

          Comment


          • #6
            For a year, the right wing media has pounded the airwaves with the GOP message that there was cheating in the 2020 election.

            60 court hearings and numerous investigations (even the GOP's own) have found there was not.

            Doesn't matter.

            Propaganda is effective.

            If it wasn't, there would be no such thing as an advertising agency.


            Click image for larger version

Name:	6a00d83454f2ec69e201b7c8faaf96970b-500wi.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	37698

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Roh View Post
              For a year, the right wing media has pounded the airwaves with the GOP message that there was cheating in the 2020 election.

              60 court hearings and numerous investigations (even the GOP's own) have found there was not.

              Doesn't matter.

              Propaganda is effective.

              If it wasn't, there would be no such thing as an advertising agency.


              Click image for larger version

Name:	6a00d83454f2ec69e201b7c8faaf96970b-500wi.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	37698
              Belief is “preferred” over Evidence….

              welcome to the post truth world

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Blueflame View Post
                Well, one wonders just how many of the

                " - New -
                - Independedent/Unaffiliated Voters Only - "

                were queried for this poll. 58% of say 1000 likely voters would not be that many. Certainly not as large a percentage of the total electorate as this poll is suggesting.
                Yea, but that's how polling is done. Sometimes even less than that.

                While that seems high, I saw a Umass poll (nationwide, I believe) that had 46% of independents that said they didn't believe Biden legitimately won, and a Upenn poll where 42% of independents weren't confident the results reflected how PA residents voted.

                So, maybe 58% is an outlier, or the fact that it's "some cheating" as opposed to "Do you believe Joe Biden won" which are two totally different things. For instance, I think it's likely some cheating took place, but I also feel Joe Biden won.

                Bottom line, a lot of independents left the 2020 election uneasy with the results as well.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by B-Large View Post

                  Belief is “preferred” over Evidence….

                  welcome to the post truth world
                  And, ironically, we have the big lie (not saying from you, but we see it repeatedly by others on here, in the news, etc.) that this only applies to members of the GOP.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Tned View Post

                    And, ironically, we have the big lie (not saying from you, but we see it repeatedly by others on here, in the news, etc.) that this only applies to members of the GOP.
                    I think it just happens to be the most recent, most glaring example. An that Shelly is a true believer and post about it regularly I guess.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Tned View Post

                      Yea, but that's how polling is done. Sometimes even less than that.

                      While that seems high, I saw a Umass poll (nationwide, I believe) that had 46% of independents that said they didn't believe Biden legitimately won, and a Upenn poll where 42% of independents weren't confident the results reflected how PA residents voted.

                      So, maybe 58% is an outlier, or the fact that it's "some cheating" as opposed to "Do you believe Joe Biden won" which are two totally different things. For instance, I think it's likely some cheating took place, but I also feel Joe Biden won.

                      Bottom line, a lot of independents left the 2020 election uneasy with the results as well.
                      Trump created his own task force/ panel on fraud- pretty sure it was disbanded after finding nothing of any significance.

                      He was claiming a landslide in 2020, but that right there would seem to be a highly suspect claim since his first victory was razor thin margins in 2016, and his approval didn’t indicate that there would be a ground swell of support for a landslide after a tumultuous first term. Seems pretty logical to me.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by B-Large View Post

                        Belief is “preferred” over Evidence….

                        welcome to the post truth world
                        I'm afraid this has always been the biggest failing of mankind's. That's why I argue for a name change from homo sapiens to homo narrator, from wise man to story teller man.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by B-Large View Post

                          I think it just happens to be the most recent, most glaring example. An that Shelly is a true believer and post about it regularly I guess.
                          It's like the big lie that Trump was elected because he brought out the angry white vote, even though the exit polls and other data shows that he tore down the blue wall by getting voters that voted for President Obama, twice. Doesn't seem like your classic angry, racist white voter that twice votes for a black man, and then votes for Trump, because they are angry, white, racist voters. But, that was the big lie that we had to repeatedly see spewed on TV, in the leftist news, in WPR, etc.

                          I agree with the sentiment of how gullible people are in what they believe, but the sad part is that a lot of people guilty of buying the BS, big lies, right or left, are so drunk on the Kool Aide that they don't even realize they are parroting lies fed to them.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Tned View Post

                            Yea, but that's how polling is done. Sometimes even less than that.

                            While that seems high, I saw a Umass poll (nationwide, I believe) that had 46% of independents that said they didn't believe Biden legitimately won, and a Upenn poll where 42% of independents weren't confident the results reflected how PA residents voted.

                            So, maybe 58% is an outlier, or the fact that it's "some cheating" as opposed to "Do you believe Joe Biden won" which are two totally different things. For instance, I think it's likely some cheating took place, but I also feel Joe Biden won.

                            Bottom line, a lot of independents left the 2020 election uneasy with the results as well.
                            Any opinion poll is only as good as its polling methodology.

                            The bottom line is that we're (America is) wasting a lot of money trying to "fix" a nonexistent problem ("voter fraud"). And we need to address the lies that are making this happen.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Blueflame View Post

                              Any opinion poll is only as good as its polling methodology.

                              The bottom line is that we're (America is) wasting a lot of money trying to "fix" a nonexistent problem ("voter fraud"). And we need to address the lies that are making this happen.
                              Well, a lot of the nation, and not just Republicans, don't believe it's a fact, just because you state it.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Originally posted by Blueflame View Post

                                Any opinion poll is only as good as its polling methodology.

                                The bottom line is that we're (America is) wasting a lot of money trying to "fix" a nonexistent problem ("voter fraud"). And we need to address the lies that are making this happen.
                                Imagine if we put our energies into problems that actually existed… we could do almost anything…

                                they had 60 chances to produce any evidence, even to conservative judges, and there was zip.

                                Again, needing to believe is incredibly powerful….

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by B-Large View Post

                                  Imagine if we put our energies into problems that actually existed… we could do almost anything…
                                  Yea, imagine what we could have done in the four years when Dems did nothing but run witch hunts and run partisan impeachments. Just imagine...

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by Tned View Post

                                    Well, a lot of the nation, and not just Republicans, don't believe it's a fact, just because you state it.
                                    There just isn’t any evidence. If there were ongoing court cases, or credible investigations turning up evidence, the case would be so much more compelling… it’s basically crickets…

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by Tned View Post

                                      Well, a lot of the nation, and not just Republicans, don't believe it's a fact, just because you state it.
                                      Yeah, I know. A lot of the nation has been acclimatized to accepting the "existence" of "alternative facts" and the notion that fabricated lies should be treated as equally valid as the truth.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by B-Large View Post

                                        There just isn’t any evidence. If there were ongoing court cases, or credible investigations turning up evidence, the case would be so much more compelling… it’s basically crickets…
                                        Not talking about the election being stolen, but there have been studies and other indications of duplicate registrations, duplicate voting, illegal voting, etc. Enough to turn any one state? I don't think so, but enough to turn let's say a House seat with a 20 vote margin, yea.

                                        It's nearly as much a "big lie" for someone to say voter fraud is non existent as it is for Trump to say it cost him an election. Neither one is rooted in fact, but instead is political propaganda.

                                        I'm allergic to propaganda being paraded as fact, whether by someone on the left or someone on the right.

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          I remember when the right wing media hammered away at Obama's place of birth. After a couple of years, the majority thought he was an illegal president.

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            How much cheating qualifies as “some cheating”? How many votes (or what percentage of votes) should we expect to be fraudulent in an average election, and how did this election distinguish itself from whatever that number is?

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              Originally posted by Roh View Post
                                              I remember when the right wing media hammered away at Obama's place of birth. After a couple of years, the majority thought he was an illegal president.
                                              I remember when the left wing/mainstream media hammered away with fake stories from anonymous sources about Trump being an agent of Russia, communications with Wikileaks before email release, etc. All lies, but after a couple months, the majority of Dems believed the story written in the DNC's oppo "dossier"

                                              You guys are just as guilty as what you accuse Trump and the right wing media of doing, but don't have the self awareness to realize it.

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                Originally posted by Aztec Bronco View Post
                                                How much cheating qualifies as “some cheating”? How many votes (or what percentage of votes) should we expect to be fraudulent in an average election, and how did this election distinguish itself from whatever that number is?
                                                Arguably, any cheating beyond zero is too much, but that doesn't mean it changed an election.

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  Originally posted by Roh View Post

                                                  I'm afraid this has always been the biggest failing of mankind's. That's why I argue for a name change from homo sapiens to homo narrator, from wise man to story teller man.

                                                  Comment

                                                  Working...
                                                  X