Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Right Wing Promises Biden Impeachment

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Right Wing Promises Biden Impeachment

    If they win back the House in '22.

    Members of the far right are already agitating to launch impeachment proceedings against President Joe Biden if the GOP is in power in Congress next year. Some leading Republicans want to spotlight former President Donald Trump's false claims of voter fraud. And key House and Senate Republicans are vowing to probe the security failures surrounding last year's January 6 attack on the US Capitol -- and turn the attention to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/13/polit...rms/index.html

    In other words, the Trump Party intends to drop America into the shredder and keep shredding until there is nothing left to shred.

  • #2
    With Republicans on the cusp of taking back the House and Senate, the GOP is plotting an onslaught of investigations into the Biden administration and promising to make the final two years of Biden's first term in office as painful as possible for Democrats in the run-up to 2024. Those headaches could come in the form of subpoenas, the possible creation of select committees and high-profile hearings on issues ranging from the origins of the coronavirus pandemic to hearing from the President's son, Hunter. (Ibid.)

    Comment


    • #3
      then its on the GOP cut ties with the hard right.. they won't, but they should.

      Comment


      • #4
        Sounds vaguely familiar...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Roh View Post
          If they win back the House in '22.

          Members of the far right are already agitating to launch impeachment proceedings against President Joe Biden if the GOP is in power in Congress next year. Some leading Republicans want to spotlight former President Donald Trump's false claims of voter fraud. And key House and Senate Republicans are vowing to probe the security failures surrounding last year's January 6 attack on the US Capitol -- and turn the attention to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.
          https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/13/polit...rms/index.html

          In other words, the Trump Party intends to drop America into the shredder and keep shredding until there is nothing left to shred.
          Just as wrong as Dems that promised to impeach Trump, before he was ever even inaugurated.

          To B's point, the DNC never cut ties with those people.

          For the record, I disagree as much with Republicans saying it, as I do with Dems, and short of evidence of a serious Biden crime, which I'm not aware of, I'll be just as opposed to a GOP sham, partisan impeachment of Biden as I was of the Dem's sham, partisan impeachment of Trump.

          DC needs to stop playing this partisan games and furthering the divide in the country.

          Comment


          • #6
            Yeah Pelosi didn't allow proper security for the 1/6 planned protests so she is not off limits for questioning. Protest groups did apply for space near the capitol on that day and the WH authorized guard troops that were turned down. Why is questioning Pelosi, who is in charge of security at the Capitol, off limits if the idea is to get to the bottom of what happened that day?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by uplink View Post
              Yeah Pelosi didn't allow proper security for the 1/6 planned protests so she is not off limits for questioning. Protest groups did apply for space near the capitol on that day and the WH authorized guard troops that were turned down. Why is questioning Pelosi, who is in charge of security at the Capitol, off limits if the idea is to get to the bottom of what happened that day?
              On Monday, January 4, I approached the two Sergeants at Arms to request the assistance of the
              National Guard, as I had no authority to do so without an Emergency Declaration by the Capitol
              Police Board (CPB). My regular interactions with the CPB, outside of our monthly meetings
              regarding law enforcement matters, were conducted with the House and Senate Sergeant at
              Arms, the two members of the CPB who have law enforcement experience. I first spoke with the
              House Sergeant at Arms to request the National Guard. Mr. Irving stated that he was concerned
              about the “optics” of having National Guard present and didn’t feel that the intelligence
              supported it. He referred me to the Senate Sergeant at Arms (who is currently the Chair of the
              CPB) to get his thoughts on the request. I then spoke to Mr. Stenger and again requested the
              National Guard. Instead of approving the use of the National Guard, however, Mr. Stenger
              suggested I ask them how quickly we could get support if needed and to “lean forward” in case
              we had to request assistance on January 6.

              At Mr. Stenger’s direction, I called General William Walker, commanding officer of the D.C.
              National Guard. I advised that I had not received CPB approval, but wanted to know how many
              National Guard he could provide and how fast could he provide them if they were needed on
              Capitol Hill on January 6. He advised that he could repurpose nearby National Guard and have
              them to me fairly quickly, once approved. I asked General Walker to be prepared in the event
              that we requested them
              Written Testimony of USCP Former Chief of Police Steven A. Sund before the Senate Committee on Rules and Administration and the Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee

              I'm not fan of Pelosi, but I've seen nothing to indicate that she was involved or any more culpable than McConnel and the GOP controlled Senate.

              Is there something that details Pelosi's involvement in the decision?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by uplink View Post
                Yeah Pelosi didn't allow proper security for the 1/6 planned protests so she is not off limits for questioning. Protest groups did apply for space near the capitol on that day and the WH authorized guard troops that were turned down. Why is questioning Pelosi, who is in charge of security at the Capitol, off limits if the idea is to get to the bottom of what happened that day?

                In March, Capitol Police spokesperson John Stolnis told USA TODAY that the agency is overseen by the Capitol Police Board. Several congressional committees also oversee the agency, including the House and Senate appropriations committees, the House administration commitee and the Senate rules committee.

                The Capitol Police Board is made up of the House and Senate sergeants-at-arms, as well as the Capitol architect. The Capitol Police chief serves in a non-voting capacity on the board, according to the Capitol Police website.

                Pelosi was not a chair or administrator of any committee supervising the Capitol Police at the time of the insurrection. She's not listed on any of those committees' websites today, either.



                Pelosi has nothing to do with the command and control of the Capitol Police. Zero. More bullshit from Jim Jordan and the Trump Cult lie factory.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Roh View Post


                  In March, Capitol Police spokesperson John Stolnis told USA TODAY that the agency is overseen by the Capitol Police Board. Several congressional committees also oversee the agency, including the House and Senate appropriations committees, the House administration commitee and the Senate rules committee.

                  The Capitol Police Board is made up of the House and Senate sergeants-at-arms, as well as the Capitol architect. The Capitol Police chief serves in a non-voting capacity on the board, according to the Capitol Police website.

                  Pelosi was not a chair or administrator of any committee supervising the Capitol Police at the time of the insurrection. She's not listed on any of those committees' websites today, either.



                  Pelosi has nothing to do with the command and control of the Capitol Police. Zero. More bullshit from Jim Jordan and the Trump Cult lie factory.
                  So who turned down the WH offer of troops? The offer happened; witnesses and paperwork confirm.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The only real surprise here is that “her emails” didn’t make the list.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Good. That’s all left wing did for 4 years…

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by uplink View Post
                        Yeah Pelosi didn't allow proper security for the 1/6 planned protests so she is not off limits for questioning. Protest groups did apply for space near the capitol on that day and the WH authorized guard troops that were turned down. Why is questioning Pelosi, who is in charge of security at the Capitol, off limits if the idea is to get to the bottom of what happened that day?
                        You actually believe every lie that Trump tells you? Pathetic.

                        https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-235651652542

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Roh View Post

                          You actually believe every lie that Trump tells you? Pathetic.

                          https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-235651652542
                          They don’t care whether what tRump and his media mouthpieces say is true or not, so long as it’s what they want to hear.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Roh View Post

                            You actually believe every lie that Trump tells you? Pathetic.

                            https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-235651652542
                            The article is misleading in that it is not focusing on the main points. This is about pre planning not during the 1/6 riot. Yes it is the WH that decides to offer the Guard and reports are they did that before 1/6. The point is why didn't the capitol accept the guard protection pre 1/6. The article still puts the decision on Pelosi and possibly McConnell who manage the house of arms etc. The point here is why can't this even be discussed by the committee. It can't be a honest committee if they don't investigate the lack of security fully. It should be for the panel to decide what went wrong with the security planning but they will only investigate things that can be used politically to disadvantage the GOP. Do journalists get to decide what is relevant to the 1/6 investigation or is it the house committee?

                            'The House Sergeant at Arms reports to Pelosi and the Senate Sergeant at Arms reported to McConnell'

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by uplink View Post

                              The article is misleading in that it is not focusing on the main points. This is about pre planning not during the 1/6 riot. Yes it is the WH that decides to offer the Guard and reports are they did that before 1/6. The point is why didn't the capitol accept the guard protection pre 1/6. The article still puts the decision on Pelosi and possibly McConnell who manage the house of arms etc. The point here is why can't this even be discussed by the committee. It can't be a honest committee if they don't investigate the lack of security fully. It should be for the panel to decide what went wrong with the security planning but they will only investigate things that can be used politically to disadvantage the GOP. Do journalists get to decide what is relevant to the 1/6 investigation or is it the house committee?

                              'The House Sergeant at Arms reports to Pelosi and the Senate Sergeant at Arms reported to McConnell'
                              Trump Cult math:

                              1. Trump instigated hundreds of traitors to attack the Capitol and overthrow a legitimate presidential election, which they did, smashing windows, attacking police, smearing shit in the offices, etc.
                              2. Pelosi, a subject of death threats during the insurrection, did not call out the National Guard (which was not her responsibility).

                              = It's Pelosi's fault.



                              Jane L. Campbell, president and CEO of the US Capitol Historical Society, told CNN that "the Speaker of the House does not oversee security of the US Capitol, nor does this official oversee the Capitol Police Board."

                              Pelosi described a scene where her staff had barricaded the door, hiding under tables with the lights turned off for two and a half hours. "You see what they did to the mirror there? The glass was all over the place," said she, gesturing at the mirror.

                              The House Speaker revealed that there's evidence to suggest that the mob was searching for her. "It was a well-planned, organized group with leadership and guidance and direction. And the direction was to go get people," she said. "They were vocally saying, 'Where's the speaker? We know she has staff. They're here someplace. We're gonna find them.'"


                              You people truly are disgusting.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Biden is the most inept clown President I’ve ever seen.

                                He literally makes up lies as he goes.

                                The Washington Post awarded President Biden its harshest fact-check rating of "Four Pinocchios" over his false claim this week that he was "arrested" for the first time as a teenager while attending a civil rights protest in Delaware


                                we all know he was cutting holes in sheets with Sen Byrd back in the day….and labeling school grounds “racial jungles”.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  • Good. I hope they charge him with war crimes for droning innocent children as well.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by Bodi View Post
                                    • Good. I hope they charge him with war crimes for droning innocent children as well.
                                    There is 0% chance you actually care about that. It’s just a political weapon for you to wield in the most partisan way possible.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by Aztec Bronco View Post
                                      There is 0% chance you actually care about that. It’s just a political weapon for you to wield in the most partisan way possible.
                                      No doubt.

                                      It’s important to remember he’s a member of the same tribe who called those of us who opposed Dubya’s illegal invasion and occupation of Iraq and all the attendant atrocities “traitors” who “want the terrorists to win.” Nothing principled about these people - they’re all politics all the time.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Looks like some people are starting the insults again. Calling people: 'disgusting', 'traitors', 'not principled', 'terrorist supporters', etc etc. Just can't help themselves I guess.

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          Originally posted by uplink View Post
                                          Looks like some people are starting the insults again. Calling people: 'disgusting', 'traitors', 'not principled', 'terrorist supporters', etc etc. Just can't help themselves I guess.
                                          Translation: "Our servile devotion to a sociopathic despot and his endless stream of lies is destroying the United States. Why are you mad?"

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            They may say this. But Biden is honestly the gift that keeps on giving to the Republican Party for 4 years through. Nobody's going to disrupt that.

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
                                              They may say this. But Biden is honestly the gift that keeps on giving to the Republican Party for 4 years through. Nobody's going to disrupt that.
                                              It wouldn't have mattered who the Democrats put in office, they would have been under relentless attack. The Trump Party has now announced that if they win back the House, the attacks will be multiplied exponentially. This isn't the nature of republican government. This is civil war.

                                              The USA has been hammered by a pandemic and the economic disruptions that has caused. The majority of the disaster was caused by the anti-response and mendacity of Donald Trump who, rather than confronting the threat, refused to take any responsibility and instead unleashed attacks directed at the American healthcare professionals and his political opponents. It was a time that the country should have come together. Trump and his party saw it as an opportunity to destroy our form of government and seize unilateral power (you may have heard that, rather than continuing the tradition of a peaceful transfer of power, he unleashed an assault on the Capitol after losing the election in an effort to overthrow it).

                                              The Senate majority leader told the last Democratic president to take his SCOTUS pick and shove it up his ass. This scorched earth politics from the Right is a culmination of an attack on our form of government that started under Reagan.

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                Originally posted by Roh View Post

                                                if they win back the House, the attacks will be multiplied exponentially. This isn't the nature of republican government. This is civil war.
                                                The only entertaining part is you thinking this is somehow novel. We've been on this slide for decades. Just take solace in the fact that the attacks will probably be more tasteless than ever, but also just words. Because like I said, the worst thing Republicans could do for themselves is actually try to unseat Joe.

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  Originally posted by Roh View Post

                                                  It wouldn't have mattered who the Democrats put in office, they would have been under relentless attack. The Trump Party has now announced that if they win back the House, the attacks will be multiplied exponentially. This isn't the nature of republican government. This is civil war.

                                                  The USA has been hammered by a pandemic and the economic disruptions that has caused. The majority of the disaster was caused by the anti-response and mendacity of Donald Trump who, rather than confronting the threat, refused to take any responsibility and instead unleashed attacks directed at the American healthcare professionals and his political opponents. It was a time that the country should have come together. Trump and his party saw it as an opportunity to destroy our form of government and seize unilateral power (you may have heard that, rather than continuing the tradition of a peaceful transfer of power, he unleashed an assault on the Capitol after losing the election in an effort to overthrow it).

                                                  The Senate majority leader told the last Democratic president to take his SCOTUS pick and shove it up his ass. This scorched earth politics from the Right is a culmination of an attack on our form of government that started under Reagan.
                                                  I guess you slept through the four years of attacks by the Dems? The Dems that promised to impeach Trump, before he was even inaugurated?

                                                  Comment

                                                  Working...
                                                  X