Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paton Ellis Presser at Noon Today...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Paton Ellis Presser at Noon Today...

    George Paton and Joe Ellis will be available to the media today at 12:00 PM MST to discuss moving on from Vic Fangio and their next head coaching search. Stay tuned.

  • #2
    As i said few weeks back. same shit every year.. Losing is not tolerated ..blah ..blah

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by go_broncos View Post
      As i said few weeks back. same shit every year.. Losing is not tolerated ..blah ..blah
      Yep Joe Ellis said the same thing just now. good news is Elway and Ellis are out and this will be Paton

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ceh View Post

        Yep Joe Ellis said the same thing just now. good news is Elway and Ellis are out and this will be Paton
        Bingo!

        Comment


        • #5
          did Ellis mention why he didn't want to hire Shanny or Shanny Jr. to try and keep the winning going after Kubes left? Ellis really shouldn't be making football related decisions.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by uplink View Post
            did Ellis mention why he didn't want to hire Shanny or Shanny Jr. to try and keep the winning going after Kubes left? Ellis really shouldn't be making football related decisions.
            Ellis is the only owner in NFL history that did not have to pay for a team but the only reason he’s stepping away from the team in 2022 is because Roger Goodell stated last year at this time that he wanted “one single functioning owner by March 2022” that is the only reason Ellis stepping away. However I do agree Ellis had no business ever being in the building.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by uplink View Post
              did Ellis mention why he didn't want to hire Shanny or Shanny Jr. to try and keep the winning going after Kubes left? Ellis really shouldn't be making football related decisions.
              Ellis is worm tongue

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Shellback88 View Post

                Ellis is worm tongue
                To some psychologists, Wormtongue serves as an archetypal sycophant. Tolkien scholars note that Tolkien based Wormtongue on the untrustworthy character Unferth in Beowulf. He is presumptive, behaving as if he already rules Rohan, and exemplifies lechery, as correctly guessed by Gandalf; he hopes to become rich, and to take Éowyn as the woman he desires.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by wolf754life View Post

                  To some psychologists, Wormtongue serves as an archetypal sycophant. Tolkien scholars note that Tolkien based Wormtongue on the untrustworthy character Unferth in Beowulf. He is presumptive, behaving as if he already rules Rohan, and exemplifies lechery, as correctly guessed by Gandalf; he hopes to become rich, and to take Éowyn as the woman he desires.
                  That’s a good description of Ellis IMO.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    “Has become Systemic”




                    who predicted this years back? How many times was I blasted for an opinion that came true? Long term suck sue to Elways insanely pathetic decisions as a GM. So naturally a team with no accountability gives him the authority to hire the new GM! One who agreed to keep a shitty coaching staff.

                    can’t make this shit up. Paton better have a plan

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      After watching the presser, the only guy I can think of that fits their explanation of what they want in the new coach is Harabaugh IMO. Seems like they were describing him especially when they stressed contagious enthusiasm.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by uplink View Post
                        After watching the presser, the only guy I can think of that fits their explanation of what they want in the new coach is Harabaugh IMO. Seems like they were describing him especially when they stressed contagious enthusiasm.
                        I think he described Dan Quinn. Not that Paton has already decided it's Quinn or bust, but it's been reported that he will be in the mix. That press conference made pretty clear that Paton thinks Fangio is great with X's and O's, but is not the leader, the CEO type to oversee the entire team. Hiring a DC to serve as HC brings the risk of no continuity on offense and a revolving door with OCs, but it looks like Paton would be fine with another defensive-minded HC if the leadership qualities are there.

                        Paton also gave me the impression that Lock won't be part of the team, not even as a backup or bridge QB to a rookie. He simply said Lock is under contract, did not mention anything about keeping Lock, so I think Paton will try to make a trade.

                        EDIT:

                        In this interview, Paton was a lot more positive about Lock and his future with the Broncos:

                        https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...ew-lock-future

                        So does Lock, who has played an improved brand of football over the past three weeks, play into the conversation moving forward?

                        "No doubt. Definitely," Paton said. "How Drew did this year and kind of how he evolved, we want every candidate to have an opinion on Drew. How are you going to get the best out of Drew? Do they have knowledge of the college quarterbacks? Do you have knowledge of the free-agent quarterbacks? Who have you been around and what's your ideal quarterback? What type of philosophy are you going to run on offense? It's a big conversation when you're interviewing these guys. It can go to five to seven hours, and quarterback is obviously a very big part of the conversation."
                        Last edited by -Rod-; 01-09-2022, 08:04 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by The1percentKid View Post
                          “Has become Systemic”




                          who predicted this years back? How many times was I blasted for an opinion that came true? Long term suck sue to Elways insanely pathetic decisions as a GM. So naturally a team with no accountability gives him the authority to hire the new GM! One who agreed to keep a shitty coaching staff.

                          can’t make this shit up. Paton better have a plan
                          Elways sucked as a GM, I’ve been saying the same for years, hence why I’m here because I was banned from that bronco mania kitty show over on the official website LOL but it’s ridiculous how bias a fanbase can be.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Sam View Post

                            Elways sucked as a GM, I’ve been saying the same for years, hence why I’m here because I was banned from that bronco mania kitty show over on the official website LOL but it’s ridiculous how bias a fanbase can be.
                            Oh boy, I guess I’ll bite.

                            So how many GMs during Elway’s tenure have taken their teams to 2 Superbowls and won one of them? I mean, it’s passed him by at his point but before you lay out the “Elway sucks,” you need to compare him against his peers.

                            so, if the goal is getting to the Super Bowl, then winning it, how many other GMs “suck” worse than Elway?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by cmhargrove View Post

                              Oh boy, I guess I’ll bite.

                              So how many GMs during Elway’s tenure have taken their teams to 2 Superbowls and won one of them? I mean, it’s passed him by at his point but before you lay out the “Elway sucks,” you need to compare him against his peers.

                              so, if the goal is getting to the Super Bowl, then winning it, how many other GMs “suck” worse than Elway?
                              Cmon man…how many HCs won a super bowl? That mean Barry Switzer is an elite HC? The guy has destroyed this team in 6 years time. Even in 2021 his decision to keep this coaching staff wasted another year.

                              not many GMs would say “Joe Flacco is entering his prime”.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Originally posted by The1percentKid View Post

                                Cmon man…how many HCs won a super bowl? That mean Barry Switzer is an elite HC? The guy has destroyed this team in 6 years time. Even in 2021 his decision to keep this coaching staff wasted another year.

                                not many GMs would say “Joe Flacco is entering his prime”.
                                Don’t forget he IR’d Lock for over half his rookie season for basically a sprained thumb. His ego ballooned once we won SB50. Turned the team into a laughing stock. Great QB and made some good moves in the beginning but it’s time to move on. The team is where it is because of him.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  At least Ellis will be gone and hopefully a sale of the team will be around the corner.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
                                    At least Ellis will be gone and hopefully a sale of the team will be around the corner.
                                    The great purge has arrived..

                                    Goodbye Joe and John!

                                    in Paton we Trust!

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by wolf754life View Post

                                      The great purge has arrived..

                                      Goodbye Joe and John!

                                      in Paton we Trust!
                                      Paton had his choice of jobs for years and he took the Broncos GM post. I’m hopeful it’s the right choice for the fans and that Paton is here and successful for a long time.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

                                        Paton had his choice of jobs for years and he took the Broncos GM post. I’m hopeful it’s the right choice for the fans and that Paton is here and successful for a long time.
                                        Me too! 👍

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          I like Paton

                                          he’s going to be a good GM. Very excited to see what he does for us this off season

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            Originally posted by The1percentKid View Post

                                            Cmon man…how many HCs won a super bowl? That mean Barry Switzer is an elite HC? The guy has destroyed this team in 6 years time. Even in 2021 his decision to keep this coaching staff wasted another year.

                                            not many GMs would say “Joe Flacco is entering his prime”.
                                            I understand your perspective, but facts are facts. The GM's job is to win Superbowls, period. If he did it, he did his job better than 31 other GMs that year. If he made it to the Super Bowl and lost again, he was better than 30 other GMs.

                                            We have to separate fact from emotion. The goal is still the goal - can't keep moving the goalposts for emotion's sake.

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              Originally posted by cmhargrove View Post

                                              I understand your perspective, but facts are facts. The GM's job is to win Superbowls, period. If he did it, he did his job better than 31 other GMs that year. If he made it to the Super Bowl and lost again, he was better than 30 other GMs.

                                              We have to separate fact from emotion. The goal is still the goal - can't keep moving the goalposts for emotion's sake.
                                              He’s been arguably the worst in the league since though. Time to move on.

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                Without Elway, we would not have Manning.. those 4 years are the best.. It's time to move on from Elway.

                                                Still, he is the face of the franchise(responsible for 3 SB wins). Without him, there is no Broncos.

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  Originally posted by cmhargrove View Post

                                                  Oh boy, I guess I’ll bite.

                                                  So how many GMs during Elway’s tenure have taken their teams to 2 Superbowls and won one of them? I mean, it’s passed him by at his point but before you lay out the “Elway sucks,” you need to compare him against his peers.

                                                  so, if the goal is getting to the Super Bowl, then winning it, how many other GMs “suck” worse than Elway?
                                                  How many of his peers had Peyton Manning and Wade Phillips? Give credit where credit is due. Elway the QB-great! Elway the GM sucks!
                                                  Last edited by Sam; 01-10-2022, 08:31 PM.

                                                  Comment

                                                  Working...
                                                  X