Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Pro Bowlers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • No Pro Bowlers

    LMAO. Owned. Fangio and Shurmur 0 pro bowlers.

  • #2
    A “top 5” roster with 0 Pro Bowlers....

    Huh.

    Comment


    • #3
      Simmons should have been a lock. That's the only snub, though. Nobody else is good enough. Surtain being an alternate is pretty damn good for a rook, and well deserved.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TEKO View Post
        Simmons should have been a lock. That's the only snub, though. Nobody else is good enough. Surtain being an alternate is pretty damn good for a rook, and well deserved.
        Pookie should be in there. No brainer

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by quoydogs View Post

          Pookie should be in there. No brainer
          He is a 1st alternate - not too shabby for a rook.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by quoydogs View Post

            Pookie should be in there. No brainer
            Jonathan Taylor is the best RB in the entire country.

            unreal how many gems Ballard and Dodds get in drafts.


            Ed Dodds > Paton. Said it before the hire and saying it after the hire.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BroncoJoe View Post

              He is a 1st alternate - not too shabby for a rook.
              Still ? Dude is by far one of the best RB's in the league.

              Comment


              • #8
                Side note , how did he get the name Pookie ? What did I miss ?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TEKO View Post
                  Simmons should have been a lock. That's the only snub, though. Nobody else is good enough. Surtain being an alternate is pretty damn good for a rook, and well deserved.
                  Simmons isn’t a lock when 3 of the best safeties in the world are ahead of him. Byard James and Mattheiu are on another level than Simmons.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by quoydogs View Post
                    Side note , how did he get the name Pookie ? What did I miss ?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by The1percentKid View Post
                      Excellent , thank you .

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The pro bowl is name recognition contest. The AP all Pro list is what matters

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          https://www.milehighreport.com/2021/...oster-40-years

                          this says at all...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by elsid13 View Post
                            The pro bowl is name recognition contest. The AP all Pro list is what matters
                            last time it happened was in 1981..

                            So many weapons on offense..since we don't have a QB..there is no value

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              One of Sutton or Patrick or Jeudy would be up for that list if they had a QB that could throw a WR a TD.
                              pookie would be on there over Mixon if he was the bell cow all year, he made first alternate as a rookie second string RB. Mixon was starter all year and doesn't share snap counts with a guy like Gordon.

                              Teddy does the opposite of lifting all ships.
                              Watch how many Pro-bowlers we have when we have a real QB (Rodgers or Wilson)

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Originally posted by RockyMountainOyster View Post
                                A “top 5” roster with 0 Pro Bowlers....

                                Huh.
                                Meh. For one thing, I’d say top 10, not top 5. This is a 10+ win team with a league average QB and a better coaching staff.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by The1percentKid View Post

                                  Ed Dodds > Paton. Said it before the hire and saying it after the hire.
                                  I’m not sure how anyone can be down on Paton after the draft he just had. Let’s see how he handles the coaching and QB situations this offseason, and another draft. I’m cautiously optimistic about him.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by The1percentKid View Post
                                    Well now I want to know why his dad was called Pookie!

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by Mozzafiato View Post

                                      I’m not sure how anyone can be down on Paton after the draft he just had. Let’s see how he handles the coaching and QB situations this offseason, and another draft. I’m cautiously optimistic about him.
                                      It's because he ignored the most important position in football. He is the reason TB is starting.
                                      that itself shows how competent he is

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by Mozzafiato View Post

                                        I’m not sure how anyone can be down on Paton after the draft he just had. Let’s see how he handles the coaching and QB situations this offseason, and another draft. I’m cautiously optimistic about him.
                                        It’s not that I’m down on him , but no matter how HOF Surtain would be there’s always going to be shade on this draft IF Mac Jones/Fields turn out great QB for years.

                                        also Parsons is breaking HOFers records in his rookie year. If he turns out to be one of the best LBs that’s going to sting too, but not so much if Surtain beasts in his career. QB is much more important.

                                        Comment


                                        • Old Coyote
                                          Old Coyote commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          Unless we trade for Rodgers or Wilson.
                                          Then Surtain will be hailed as the perfect pick.
                                          Parsons will be the only debate if that happens.
                                          And he had character issues Surtain doesn't.

                                          What should have happened is we should have drafted at least a mid round project QB every 3 years and actually worked on getting that guy to grow behind the dude infront of him. If one must build a QB, one has to actually do that and no all eggs in one basket approach or one ends up with a Lynch and Seimian situation. Most of the QBs drafted bust out no matter how high.
                                          Math says we should draft a new hope long before the current hope busts out so they can be a worked on
                                          project before they have to be used. Even if we get Rodgers, I want at least a project being worked on in at the farthest out his 3rd year here. 2 firsts 2 seconds would fit that timeframe pretty nicely. That 3rd year we could snag a second rounder to learn behind Rodgers.
                                          Last edited by Old Coyote; 12-23-2021, 01:58 PM.

                                      • #21
                                        Originally posted by go_broncos View Post

                                        It's because he ignored the most important position in football. He is the reason TB is starting.
                                        that itself shows how competent he is
                                        He didn’t ignore it, he just didn’t find the answer yet.

                                        Comment


                                        • #22
                                          Originally posted by The1percentKid View Post

                                          It’s not that I’m down on him , but no matter how HOF Surtain would be there’s always going to be shade on this draft IF Mac Jones/Fields turn out great QB for years.

                                          also Parsons is breaking HOFers records in his rookie year. If he turns out to be one of the best LBs that’s going to sting too, but not so much if Surtain beasts in his career. QB is much more important.
                                          Yeah, I get it. But Jones and Fields are far from getting fitted for yellow jackets. And I think close to 32/32 teams would have taken Surtain ahead of Parsons, including Dallas.

                                          Comment


                                          • #23
                                            It's another "We could have had Ed Reed over Ashley Lelie!" moment. You could engage in hindsight all day and do that sort of shit for every draft pick. The past isn't changeable. What only matters now is how Paton's selections pan out.

                                            Surtain? Looks like a future All-Pro caliber player. Top 10 CB in the league as a rookie and Pro-Bowl Alternate. Huge win for Paton netting a premium player at one of the league's most important positions. Good foresight with 1,250+ DB snaps set to be replaced this off-season.

                                            Williams? Looks like he could become one of the Top 5 best running backs in the league. Pro-Bowl Alternate who has provided Denver with a much needed spark on offense.

                                            Meinerz? Still raw as Hell, but has been a road grader in the run game. Positional flexibility and likely has earned a starting job in 2022. Impressive considering he didn't even play D-III ball his last year because of COVID cancelling Wisconsin-Whitewater's season.

                                            Browning? Still behind the curve a bit due to a handful of injury setbacks, but has flashed quite a bit down the stretch. Earned a spot as a starter in Denver's front seven next season. Could become a really good player if it all clicks upstairs.

                                            Sterns? Only logging 25-percent of defensive snaps, but is a primary special teams player. Multiple turnovers and PDs in a small sample size. In-house option to replace Kareem Jackson (if he leaves) in FA.

                                            Incredibly rare for a GM to have their first five selections pay off dividends in year one. The last three have all exceeded expectations and were propelled into action because of injuries. Trial by fire success.

                                            Comment


                                            • #24
                                              Also DT just died from a seizure, at 33.
                                              Feilds having Epilepsy is too damn risky.
                                              Especially behind our blocking.
                                              I'd pass on him because of that every time.


                                              Comment


                                              • #25
                                                Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                                                It's another "We could have had Ed Reed over Ashley Lelie!" moment. You could engage in hindsight all day and do that sort of shit for every draft pick. The past isn't changeable. What only matters now is how Paton's selections pan out.

                                                Surtain? Looks like a future All-Pro caliber player. Top 10 CB in the league as a rookie and Pro-Bowl Alternate. Huge win for Paton netting a premium player at one of the league's most important positions. Good foresight with 1,250+ DB snaps set to be replaced this off-season.

                                                Williams? Looks like he could become one of the Top 5 best running backs in the league. Pro-Bowl Alternate who has provided Denver with a much needed spark on offense.

                                                Meinerz? Still raw as Hell, but has been a road grader in the run game. Positional flexibility and likely has earned a starting job in 2022. Impressive considering he didn't even play D-III ball his last year because of COVID cancelling Wisconsin-Whitewater's season.

                                                Browning? Still behind the curve a bit due to a handful of injury setbacks, but has flashed quite a bit down the stretch. Earned a spot as a starter in Denver's front seven next season. Could become a really good player if it all clicks upstairs.

                                                Sterns? Only logging 25-percent of defensive snaps, but is a primary special teams player. Multiple turnovers and PDs in a small sample size. In-house option to replace Kareem Jackson (if he leaves) in FA.

                                                Incredibly rare for a GM to have their first five selections pay off dividends in year one. The last three have all exceeded expectations and were propelled into action because of injuries. Trial by fire success.
                                                Cooper has looked good too.

                                                Comment

                                                Working...
                                                X