Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DAY TWO: The OFFICIAL 2023 Orange Huddle Gordon Gekko™ NFL Draft Day Two thread!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DAY TWO: The OFFICIAL 2023 Orange Huddle Gordon Gekko™ NFL Draft Day Two thread!

    Predict a trade up in the early 40s for Tippman or Schmitz as an immediate day 1 center for Payton.

    Broncos have 67 and 68 today.
    Last edited by SGB; 04-28-2023, 03:49 PM.

  • #2
    Soooooo we finally get to do some drafting today ? Thank goodness lol

    Comment


    • #3
      They will draft a corner and trade back for more picks

      Comment


      • #4
        If the Broncos are as high on JMS as some local reports have floated ["They would have taken him at 29."], I don't see why they wouldn't trade up. The Saints did it with Eric McCoy a few years back.

        Comment


        • #5
          I agree that center is a priority and the Broncos' 3rd-round picks are in a no man's land for centers. There's Schmitz and Tippman projected for the 2nd round and then there's a drop-off where the other guys might be considered a reach at #67/68. Daniel Jeremiah has Tippman 37 overall, Schmitz 48 and then his next center is Stromberg at 124.

          EDIT:

          Jim Nagy thinks Schmitz is one of the safer prospects in this draft.

          Last edited by -Rod-; 04-28-2023, 01:44 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Don't know but hoping they go primarily defense since it's been basically ignored so far.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by gunns View Post
              Don't know but hoping they go primarily defense since it's been basically ignored so far.
              You say this every year. 🤔 😉 🤠

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Vera Hara View Post

                You say this every year. 🤔 😉 🤠
                Although Req is a fool when it comes to his political beliefs , he is spot on here. I'm totally fine trading up to get a day 1 starting center. Our line is completely revamped at that point. We have been playing the just stick someone in game for far too long.

                Our D was outstanding last year. We will be fine there. The biggest worry about our D is Radio.

                Comment


                • #9
                  If broncos do the 2nd and 4th trade with the dark lord for Jeudy then they could draft Schmitz with that 2nd rounder if he is still around.

                  Comment


                  • broncolife
                    broncolife commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I wonder if the Pats traded down and picked up another 4th for a trade later. Now they have 4 4th round picks. Maybe the Broncos wanted a 2nd and 2 4ths which is closer to 1st round value.

                • #10
                  Originally posted by uplink View Post
                  If broncos do the 2nd and 4th trade with the dark lord for Jeudy then they could draft Schmitz with that 2nd rounder if he is still around.
                  I would be happy with this as well. Jeudy is going to become a cancer.

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    Broncos are trading up for a player with significant medical red flags per sources. 💥

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      Watching this thing, keeping tally of what Russell Wilson picks turn into, is fun.

                      2022 1 (10) Charles Cross, OT Starting LT. Quite likely the best OT of the 2022 draft.
                      2022 2 (41) Kenneth Walker, RB Starting RB that was dynamic before injury.
                      Traded 2022 5 (153) for 5 (158) and 7 (233)
                      2022 5 (158) Tyreke Smith, DL
                      2022 7 (233) Dareke Young, WR
                      2023 1 (5) Devin Whitherspoon, CB
                      2023 2 (37)

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        So is this the official Day 2 thread Gordon Gekko?

                        Comment


                        • #14
                          Originally posted by Vera Hara View Post
                          If the Broncos are as high on JMS as some local reports have floated ["They would have taken him at 29."], I don't see why they wouldn't trade up. The Saints did it with Eric McCoy a few years back.
                          I would definitely be on board with this. JMS is a walking blocking weapon at C.

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            I predict you all will like whatever they do because there aren’t a lot of polarizing potential picks to be made in round 3.

                            I hope you guys take Rashee Rice and Friesland, the OT from BYU.

                            Comment


                            • #16
                              I feel like there are still going to be 2 starter quality players at our original 3rd round picks. I’m fine with a player trade, but hope we stay pat and pick two players on the third. Lots of value there.

                              Comment


                              • #17
                                Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post
                                I predict you all will like whatever they do because there aren’t a lot of polarizing potential picks to be made in round 3.

                                I hope you guys take Rashee Rice and Friesland, the OT from BYU.
                                I wouldn't mind Freeland but I really hope Bergeron falls and we take him. Let him sit for a year behind Bolles and then cut Bolles next year with Bergeron replacing him.

                                Comment


                                • #18
                                  Originally posted by cmhargrove View Post
                                  I feel like there are still going to be 2 starter quality players at our original 3rd round picks. I’m fine with a player trade, but hope we stay pat and pick two players on the third. Lots of value there.
                                  I want a RB or I will rant unlike anything the huddle has seen before!

                                  Comment


                                  • cmhargrove
                                    cmhargrove commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    I’ll take the BPA approach, but we could also pick up a top notch replacement for Risner in the third. Several sensational Tackle/Guards on the board, but we just keep talking about Center.

                                • #19
                                  So is this the official Day 2 discussion thread or not?

                                  WE NEED TO KNOW Gordon Gekko!

                                  Comment


                                  • #20
                                    Originally posted by Vera Hara View Post
                                    So is this the official Day 2 discussion thread or not?

                                    WE NEED TO KNOW Gordon Gekko!
                                    I can’t change the title DomCasual, so I guess it’s the unofficially official draft thread.

                                    Comment


                                    • #21
                                      Blueflame help Brother Gordon.

                                      Comment


                                      • #22
                                        Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

                                        I want a RB or I will rant unlike anything the huddle has seen before!
                                        If we select a QB or draft kicker Moody, I will go all GarciaBronco and get a new computer tomorrow.

                                        Comment


                                        • #23
                                          Originally posted by Vera Hara View Post
                                          Blueflame help Brother Gordon.
                                          I got you.

                                          Comment


                                          • #24
                                            Bold prediction for Day 2: No trade up with 67 and/or 68 for a Center. We sit tight for 67 and take for a guy that has ability to be an eventual starter. I don't expect someone like Tippman -C to fall to the 3rd, but if he does, then we take him at 67. But probably we go another position like Edge or CB.

                                            Would love Andre Carter, II- Edge, or Joey Porter, JR-CB, but they may very well be gone in the 2nd. So maybe Ricky Stromberg -C, Steve Avilia -C, or Byron Young-OLB all somewhere in the 3rd. Also, I know Garrett Williams-CB is hurt, but he's a 1st round talent, and we can wait until mid-season when he comes around to give us depth there in the secondary.

                                            Comment


                                            • uplink
                                              uplink commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              I see broncos going after power interior lineman under Payton , does Tippman fit that type?

                                            • R8R H8R
                                              R8R H8R commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              Uplink- Yes. he can play power or zone.

                                          • #25

                                            Comment

                                            Working...
                                            X