Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QB possibilities for 2022

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • QB possibilities for 2022

    Let's examine some of the options that should be available.

    TIER I - Elite Options

    1. Aaron Rodgers. The circumstances will be ripe for Rodgers to move this off season if he wants to. No one is entirely sure if he'll want to, but if he does, Denver is likely at the top of a short list.
    2. Russel Wilson. Likely to be on the move, but Denver is not a very likey destination.
    3. DeShaun Watson. Available, at a steep price with a ton of risk and bad PR. I kind of think if he ever plays in the NFL again, it may well be in Houston.
    4. Jimmy G. Not a FA, but probably available
    5. Kirk Cousins.

    TIER II - Almost out of gas
    1. Ben Roethlisberger. Rumored to be done in Pittsburg, but not completely done.
    2. Andy Dalton. Still got some Denver style game managing left in that arm.
    3. Fitzmagic. Gotta be close to calling it a career, but he is a FA.
    4. Nick Foles. Super Bowl hero, that is mostly otherwise a zero.

    TIER III - 2nd chance projects
    1. Mitch Trubisky....could follow Brian Daboll to a HC job somewhere
    2. Marcus Mariota...had some moments where he almost looked decent.
    3. Jameis Winston. Might still have something to offer in the right spot
    4. Chad Henne. Lots of starts...been a rarely used back up in KC.

    TIER IV - spent up names
    1. Cam Newton. He seems like he has nothing left.
    2. Fitzmagic. Getting old and probalby just about finished.
    3. Tyrod Taylor. he is an NFL starting QB.
    4. Geno Smith. He's good enough to lose worse than Wilson does.

    TIER V - Familiar Faces.
    1. Trevor Siemien - maybe after more seasoning, he could come back to Denver and go 9-8 or so again.
    2. Joe Flacco - Might still be able to flash elite skills
    3. Brandon Allen - Never got a fair shake having to start in awful weather in Buffalo.
    4. Brett Rypien - ..he knows the playbook...so there is that.
    5. Teddy Bridgewater - The best QB Denver has ever had....................to wear no.5 And that's borderline legendary consider Flacco also wore it.
    6. Paxton Lynch - maybe after all this time, he's put the xbox down and is ready to commit to football.
    7. Tim Tebow - He was on the Jags roster in training camp, and looks to be in good shape. New England just won a game passing only 3 times...maybe Tebow fits the new trend.
    8. Kyle Sloter - ....has vikings connections!
    9. SWAG!!!! - all that unrealized potential!

    TIER VI - Post hype sleepers
    1. Josh Rosen - there was a time when some here had this guy ranked no.1 on draft boards.
    2. Dwayne Haskins - has at least a pedigree and arm talent....has no maturity or work ethic...
    3. AJ McCaron - his wife is hot...that's points in my book.


    I gotta beleive Denver is going to go all out to get Rodgers....I don't think the fans can stomach ANY of these others and I think while you guys would embrace a drafted QB high....it's not going to work out this draft season.

    If you can't get Rodgers....do you roll Lock back out or go with one of these other options?

  • #2
    for some reason, Trubisky seems like a face that will end up here. Five years younger, Fitz.

    Comment


    • #3
      They’ll go all out for cousins.

      Rodgers is going to get a fat contract to retire in GB. Now they know Love is Paxton Lynch they won’t walk away from 3-4 years of Rodgers still playing great.

      Comment


      • #4
        Why is Jimmy G listed as an elite option

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by The1percentKid View Post
          They’ll go all out for cousins.

          Rodgers is going to get a fat contract to retire in GB. Now they know Love is Paxton Lynch they won’t walk away from 3-4 years of Rodgers still playing great.
          I was just watching the end of that Vikings Lions game again and I couldn't get the idea that we might make a hard Cousins play out of my head...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Aztec Bronco View Post
            Why is Jimmy G listed as an elite option
            These are relative.....does anyone on the lists AFTER him sound better to you?

            Comment


            • #7
              Russel Wilson or GTFO. The narrative can change with a simple visit with Paton. Find a coach that would also be a good fit for him - any coordinators that Russel has really liked in the past? Hire that guy as a part of the deal.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by The1percentKid View Post
                They’ll go all out for cousins.

                Rodgers is going to get a fat contract to retire in GB. Now they know Love is Paxton Lynch they won’t walk away from 3-4 years of Rodgers still playing great.
                Not sure if people have thought of this scenario, but Zimmer gets fired. We trade for Cousins and Shurmur gets fired as well. We bring in Kubiak Jr as offensive coordinator.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post

                  These are relative.....does anyone on the lists AFTER him sound better to you?
                  Pretty level headed, for a troll. Lol…Jimmy G is a bit high there.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post

                    These are relative.....does anyone on the lists AFTER him sound better to you?
                    I’d rather roll the dice on Mariota or Winston for sure. Jimmy adds nothing.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by The1percentKid View Post
                      Rodgers is going to get a fat contract to retire in GB. Now they know Love is Paxton Lynch they won’t walk away from 3-4 years of Rodgers still playing great.
                      Going to be interesting to see how they make the $ work though. They have the 2nd worst cap situation going into next season.

                      https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2022/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Mozzafiato View Post

                        Going to be interesting to see how they make the $ work though. They have the 2nd worst cap situation going into next season.

                        https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2022/
                        Adams will be looking for a Hopkins-level deal too.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Mozzafiato View Post

                          Going to be interesting to see how they make the $ work though. They have the 2nd worst cap situation going into next season.

                          https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2022/
                          Converting the roster bonuses of some of their bigger money players to signing bonuses is the major trick they will have up their sleeve to make the numbers work for 2022. Not a whole lot of guys they could outright cut and not incur major dead money in the process relative to cap savings.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Aztec Bronco View Post
                            Adams will be looking for a Hopkins-level deal too.
                            Right, and Rodgers isn’t dumb enough to stay and play for a talent depleted team. And he’s not going to give then a discount either.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Requiem View Post

                              Converting the roster bonuses of some of their bigger money players to signing bonuses is the major trick they will have up their sleeve to make the numbers work for 2022. Not a whole lot of guys they could outright cut and not incur major dead money in the process relative to cap savings.
                              Yes, there are ways to make it work. Just not going to be easy, and I don’t think Rodgers will bend over backwards to accommodate them.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Originally posted by Mozzafiato View Post
                                Yes, there are ways to make it work. Just not going to be easy, and I don’t think Rodgers will bend over backwards to accommodate them.
                                Agreed. Has no reason to appease Gutekunst.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Aaaand, we've started getting our first Ben Roethlisberger speculation.

                                  Just, no.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Once again Watson already had his allegations brought before a Grand Jury and no indictments resulted. Prosecutors already played their best hand and the evidence wasn't even good enough to have a grand jury say "maybe" and "this should go to charges" instead they just shot it all down as not even a maybe.

                                    Watson will not face criminal charges unless new evidence comes out suddenly.
                                    He wants his day in court on the civil complaints. And from the looks of it he might win. He is scheduled to have his first hearings on it in February. Might be done by March. Any lawyer worth his mustard would let a judge look at and possibly throw out some of the claims before making a settlement offer. That way if settlement happens it maybe for less. Wait till he gets his day and expect either dismissals or settlement or both.

                                    I'd take Watson in a heartbeat.
                                    He's already beat the criminal allegations before they even made it out of the starting gate.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by Mozzafiato View Post

                                      Going to be interesting to see how they make the $ work though. They have the 2nd worst cap situation going into next season.

                                      https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2022/
                                      I’m sure they can throw a ton into a signing bonus.


                                      they are staring at a future with no QB and no high capital to get an elite prospect.

                                      the Love experiment is over. And if it isn’t, it should be.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        The Broncos aren’t going to be the only team trying to trade for these guys. You got the Giants, who might have two top 5 picks and the Eagles with two top 15.

                                        We could see nearly half the league trying to get a new QB, throw in the weak draft class, and it’s going to be a massive bidding war.

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          Originally posted by Tangerine View Post
                                          The Broncos aren’t going to be the only team trying to trade for these guys. You got the Giants, who might have two top 5 picks and the Eagles with two top 15.

                                          We could see nearly half the league trying to get a new QB, throw in the weak draft class, and it’s going to be a massive bidding war.
                                          You can add Miami to the list. The Broncos won’t win a bidding war. The only way they can get a quarterback by trade is if that quarterback executes his no trade clause and wants to go to Denver. Hire the right head coach and offensive coordinator and it becomes possible.

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            Originally posted by Old Coyote View Post
                                            Once again Watson already had his allegations brought before a Grand Jury and no indictments resulted. Prosecutors already played their best hand and the evidence wasn't even good enough to have a grand jury say "maybe" and "this should go to charges" instead they just shot it all down as not even a maybe.

                                            Watson will not face criminal charges unless new evidence comes out suddenly.
                                            He wants his day in court on the civil complaints. And from the looks of it he might win. He is scheduled to have his first hearings on it in February. Might be done by March. Any lawyer worth his mustard would let a judge look at and possibly throw out some of the claims before making a settlement offer. That way if settlement happens it maybe for less. Wait till he gets his day and expect either dismissals or settlement or both.

                                            I'd take Watson in a heartbeat.
                                            He's already beat the criminal allegations before they even made it out of the starting gate.
                                            Tyreek (never even charged) is scum but you'd take the guy with 22 sexual assault charges in a heartbeat.

                                            Hypocritical, immoral and desperate. Sounds about right.

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              What's funny is that KC probably hurt your chances of landing Rodgers by making Love look terrible in his only start. There's no way they feel good about moving on now.

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                Originally posted by Old Coyote View Post
                                                Once again Watson already had his allegations brought before a Grand Jury and no indictments resulted. Prosecutors already played their best hand and the evidence wasn't even good enough to have a grand jury say "maybe" and "this should go to charges" instead they just shot it all down as not even a maybe.

                                                Watson will not face criminal charges unless new evidence comes out suddenly.


                                                I'd take Watson in a heartbeat.
                                                He's already beat the criminal allegations before they even made it out of the starting gate.
                                                I am not sure that you are correct that charges were presented to the GJ and no indictment was returned. That would be surprising for a number of reasons (including the adage “you can indict a ham sandwich”) but recent reports suggest that GJ proceedings haven’t even begun.

                                                https://amp.dailycaller.com/2021/12/...uct-grand-jury

                                                I can’t speak to the “league of justice” as a source, but I do know that prosecutors are prohibited from discussing GJ proceedings so the only way information would leak out would be from witnesses and/or their attorneys.


                                                Comment


                                                • Old Coyote
                                                  Old Coyote commented
                                                  Editing a comment
                                                  My bad.
                                                  Harris County Grand Jury process was started in August. I assumed they already heard evidence
                                                  as Watson has the right to a speedy trial.
                                                  But he may have asked for or agreed to a continuence.

                                                  They can't just open the thing and let it sit.
                                                  December from August is a really long time to have a Grand Jury looking at evidence.

                                                  Whatever. We can get Wilson or Rodgers instead now.

                                              • #25
                                                Originally posted by Antilles View Post

                                                I am not sure that you are correct that charges were presented to the GJ and no indictment was returned. That would be surprising for a number of reasons (including the adage “you can indict a ham sandwich”) but recent reports suggest that GJ proceedings haven’t even begun.

                                                https://amp.dailycaller.com/2021/12/...uct-grand-jury

                                                I can’t speak to the “league of justice” as a source, but I do know that prosecutors are prohibited from discussing GJ proceedings so the only way information would leak out would be from witnesses and/or their attorneys.

                                                I was just about to post the same thing. I hadn't thought any definitive GJ stuff had happened either and wanted to look it up after seeing Old Coyote's post.

                                                Welcome to the show, Antilles.

                                                Comment

                                                Working...
                                                X