Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The war against Christmas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The war against Christmas

    Godless EU Equality Commissioner Helena Dalli proposed new rules for the European Union this year changing the name of Christmas to “Holiday period.” Dalli also urged Europeans to drop the use of the names Mary and John. We are witnessing the end of Western society and culture. What a heart-breaking development.. Dalli backtracked on her…

  • #2
    I kind of think the US should make Christmas a mandatory week off….

    Our leadership pretends to be a Christian in their values, but what they really value is corporatism and accumulation and consumerism.

    maybe not a war on Xmas, but it sure seems like a big after thought…

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by B-Large View Post
      I kind of think the US should make Christmas a mandatory week off….

      Our leadership pretends to be a Christian in their values, but what they really value is corporatism and accumulation and consumerism.

      maybe not a war on Xmas, but it sure seems like a big after thought…
      I don’t disagree. And, there definitely is a war on Christmas. If they only understood it fully. Not many do.

      ‘out of the eater something to eat, out of the eater something sweet’

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Shellback88 View Post

        I don’t disagree. And, there definitely is a war on Christmas. If they only understood it fully. Not many do.

        ‘out of the eater something to eat, out of the eater something sweet’
        I'd actually like to wage a war on Christmas. Not the holiday or the family gatherings, but on the way-over-the-top commercialism and consumerism. I absolutely hate the holiday commercials for new cars -- the suggestion is that "of course everyone should be able to afford a brand-new Lexus for every person on their Christmas list -- or at least "his-and-hers brand new matching SUV's"... it's disgusting how "the reason for the season" now seems to be buying stuff.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Blueflame View Post

          I'd actually like to wage a war on Christmas. Not the holiday or the family gatherings, but on the way-over-the-top commercialism and consumerism. I absolutely hate the holiday commercials for new cars -- the suggestion is that "of course everyone should be able to afford a brand-new Lexus for every person on their Christmas list -- or at least "his-and-hers brand new matching SUV's"... it's disgusting how "the reason for the season" now seems to be buying stuff.
          Turn off ALL sources of media/ advertising from mid November to January…. You’ll be thankful you have, I haven’t heard any of the awful holiday shopping nonsense.

          What’s sad is consumerism IS our culture. Work and acquire. That’s it. Any we wonder why this country is so miserable….

          **** that, not anymore. Got my tree, Nutcracker when I get home, 35 days of Christmas movies…. So peaceful.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by B-Large View Post

            Turn off ALL sources of media/ advertising from mid November to January…. You’ll be thankful you have, I haven’t heard any of the awful holiday shopping nonsense.

            What’s sad is consumerism IS our culture. Work and acquire. That’s it. Any we wonder why this country is so miserable….

            **** that, not anymore. Got my tree, Nutcracker when I get home, 35 days of Christmas movies…. So peaceful.
            I made my own little family of Christmas gnomes out of spruce tree branches and various other holiday decorations the other day. A little bit of Devil's lettuce, hot glue gun, and thin wire goes a long ways. I was all set for arts and crafts time. One of 'em even has a hat like Galdalf and wizard's staff I made out of a stick and ribbon. It's not a war on Christmas here!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Requiem View Post

              I made my own little family of Christmas gnomes out of spruce tree branches and various other holiday decorations the other day. A little bit of Devil's lettuce, hot glue gun, and thin wire goes a long ways. I was all set for arts and crafts time. One of 'em even has a hat like Galdalf and wizard's staff I made out of a stick and ribbon. It's not a war on Christmas here!
              Higher than giraffe nuts while creating LOTR themed Xmas decor out of pine tree branches….. another level!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Blueflame View Post

                I'd actually like to wage a war on Christmas. Not the holiday or the family gatherings, but on the way-over-the-top commercialism and consumerism. I absolutely hate the holiday commercials for new cars -- the suggestion is that "of course everyone should be able to afford a brand-new Lexus for every person on their Christmas list -- or at least "his-and-hers brand new matching SUV's"... it's disgusting how "the reason for the season" now seems to be buying stuff.
                Jesus is THE reason for the season!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by B-Large View Post

                  Higher than giraffe nuts while creating LOTR themed Xmas decor out of pine tree branches….. another level!
                  Are you Beavis or Butthead? Lmao!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by B-Large View Post
                    Higher than giraffe nuts and creative LOTR themed Xmas decor out of pine tree branches….. another level!
                    Thought this holiday season would be well spent being creative and doing some art. It's been a while. We had some days in the 50s and 60s last week (unusually warm for this time of year) and got the process started early. I'm gonna be doing paintings for some gifts to send to friends this year. Hope they like 'em!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Shellback88 View Post

                      Jesus is THE reason for the season!
                      One has difficulty remembering that while experiencing the avalanche of advertising (via snail mail, email, social media, tv, radio, etc...) all wanting you to buy more stuff. The crass commercialism is the primary reason why many Americans dread the time frame between Thanksgiving Day and New Year's.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Blueflame View Post
                        One has difficulty remembering that while experiencing the avalanche of advertising (via snail mail, email, social media, tv, radio, etc...) all wanting you to buy more stuff. The crass commercialism is the primary reason why many Americans dread the time frame between Thanksgiving Day and New Year's.
                        Commercialism during the holidays. Black Friday fights highlight reel. This one is old, but I'm sure there was some crazy stories from this year as well! Have no idea what compels people to participate.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Peace on Earth and Goodwill To Men, indeed ---

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Blueflame View Post

                            One has difficulty remembering that while experiencing the avalanche of advertising (via snail mail, email, social media, tv, radio, etc...) all wanting you to buy more stuff. The crass commercialism is the primary reason why many Americans dread the time frame between Thanksgiving Day and New Year's.
                            I understand. I love Thanksgiving because it’s the meal & family, no gifts. I do love seeing the young ones and their excitement over gifts. Most of all, I think of how incredible it is that God sent His Son to earth to walk in our shoes. How incredibly amazing!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Blueflame View Post
                              Peace on Earth and Goodwill To Men, indeed ---
                              Amen!!!

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Only 22 Percent of Americans Can Retell the Biblical Christmas Story, Survey Finds by Milton Quintanilla - Christian breaking news commentary.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ. Matthew 1:16

                                  Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost. Matthew 1:18

                                  Matthew 2 And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born.

                                  For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. Luke 2:11

                                  Jesus Christ was savior upon conception. Many believe he was born during the fall feasts which would put his conception atoning Christmas or Hanukkah. Next year Hanukkah and Christmas overlap.






                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Great video debunking pagan origins of Christmas. Jesus is the reason for the season!
                                     

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      A 49-year-old man has been arrested after the Fox News Christmas tree was lit on fire outside the network’s headquarters in Manhattan. The tree was “completely engulfed in flames” early Wednesday morning. Fox News host Shannon Bream reported on the incident as it was taking place outside. “A bit of breaking news for you tonight,”…

                                      Comment


                                      • #20

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          Originally posted by Mozzafiato View Post
                                          Shhhhhh...there's no room for the truth in this thread.

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            Originally posted by Mozzafiato View Post
                                            The video above thoroughly debunks this silly cartoon. Unexamined & undereducated.

                                            Bummer.

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              Originally posted by ElwayMD View Post

                                              Shhhhhh...there's no room for the truth in this thread.
                                              Video examines historical evidence and proves this to be utterly false.

                                              Stay ignorant my shamed troll. G’day.

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                you think there is a war on Christmas now, wait until the Court begins to open the door to banning an individuals access to abortion.... oohf, its gonna be ugly.

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  Originally posted by B-Large View Post
                                                  you think there is a war on Christmas now, wait until the Court begins to open the door to banning an individuals access to abortion.... oohf, its gonna be ugly.
                                                  Sounds like a threat. Christians are targeted regardless.

                                                  Comment

                                                  Working...
                                                  X