Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yellowstone Season 5

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Yellowstone Season 5

    Are any of you Yellowstone fans? What do you think of the first two episodes of season 5?

  • #2
    I like the show. Beth is hilarious! 🤩

    Plot is kind of starting off slow but feels like it is building.

    Comment


    • #3
      Love the show. I feel it’s drawing to something big for the end. They didn’t say this was the last season I don’t think but it’s getting close.


      1923 also bridges 1833 with current Yellowstone.

      Comment


      • #4
        I finished 1883 a while back (prequel) and started the first season of Yellowstone a while back. Solid show. Makes sense since a lot of outlets are trying to make their own series similar to it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by The1percentKid View Post
          Love the show. I feel it’s drawing to something big for the end. They didn’t say this was the last season I don’t think but it’s getting close.


          1923 also bridges 1833 with current Yellowstone.
          They can't have more than a season or two left without milking it, I think it's already starting to get repetitive with all the "attacks" on the ranch over the past seasons. John being elected governor will definitely have some interesting implications. His comment in the last episode about making all decisions based on "What's good for the ranch" has confused most non-rural/city dwelling fans. Very good script writing. What's good for the ranch is good for Montana.

          I'm excited for 1923 to start streaming in December. In a lot of ways, I thought 1883 was better than the past couple of seasons of Yellowstone. It was refreshing.

          On a side note, the wife and I ended up watching Tulsa King on Paramount with Sylvester Stallone. I didn't have any expectations, but it turned out to be ****ing hilarious!
          Last edited by Fireball; 11-26-2022, 09:19 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Requiem View Post
            I finished 1883 a while back (prequel) and started the first season of Yellowstone a while back. Solid show. Makes sense since a lot of outlets are trying to make their own series similar to it.
            I loved 1883. I had to warm up to Tim McGraw's mediocre acting and Isabel May's overblown fake southern accent, but they improved over time.

            Interesting fact: I tried to hire Sam Elliott to do a voiceover for a project my marketing team was working on in 2016. His agent quoted $75,000 for a 30 second spot. This was pricing for a super localized, non-national, non-regional campaign. We ended up hiring a guy out of Missouri for $300 and the dude sounds just like Sam lol.


            Comment


            • Vera Hara
              Vera Hara commented
              Editing a comment
              $75,000 for a 30-second voice over!? Wtf. Glad you found someone for cheap!

            • Fireball
              Fireball commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep, big $$$ for probably less than 10 mins of work.

          • #7
            Originally posted by qbronco View Post
            I like the show. Beth is hilarious! 🤩

            Plot is kind of starting off slow but feels like it is building.
            She definitely has a ton of spunk! Poor Rip...lol

            Comment


            • #8
              Originally posted by Fireball View Post

              They can't have more than a season or two left without milking it, I think it's already starting to get repetitive with all the "attacks" on the ranch over the past two seasons. John being elected governor will definitely have some interesting implications. His comment in the last episode about making all decisions based on "What's good for the ranch" has confused most non-rural/city dwelling fans. Very good script writing. What's good for the ranch is good for Montana.

              I'm excited for 1923 to start streaming in December. In a lot of ways, I thought 1883 was better than the past couple of seasons of Yellowstone. It was refreshing.

              On a side note, the wife and I ended up watching Tulsa King on Paramount with Sylvester Stallone. I didn't have any expectations, but it turned out to be ****ing hilarious!
              I signed up for Paramount + after watching the first episode for free. Love it! Wish there was more than just two episodes, but I guess they release a new ones on Sundays?

              Comment


              • #9
                Originally posted by BroncoJoe View Post

                I signed up for Paramount + after watching the first episode for free. Love it! Wish there was more than just two episodes, but I guess they release a new ones on Sundays?
                I assumed new episodes of Tulsa King would be Sunday night.

                Is it on Paramount+ going forward? We watched it on Paramount network because Paramount+ didn't have Yellowstone streaming. These ****ing networks and their streaming platforms are getting silly.

                I kicked Dish Network to the curb years ago and went to streaming to save a little money. Had to keep local cable channels to get Broncos games in HD. The shitty and cheap local TV station couldn't/wouldn't give Dish a ****in HD feed. I'm probably paying double now for all the streaming shit.
                Last edited by Fireball; 11-26-2022, 09:26 AM.

                Comment


                • #10
                  Originally posted by Fireball View Post

                  They can't have more than a season or two left without milking it, I think it's already starting to get repetitive with all the "attacks" on the ranch over the past seasons. John being elected governor will definitely have some interesting implications. His comment in the last episode about making all decisions based on "What's good for the ranch" has confused most non-rural/city dwelling fans. Very good script writing. What's good for the ranch is good for Montana.

                  I'm excited for 1923 to start streaming in December. In a lot of ways, I thought 1883 was better than the past couple of seasons of Yellowstone. It was refreshing.

                  On a side note, the wife and I ended up watching Tulsa King on Paramount with Sylvester Stallone. I didn't have any expectations, but it turned out to be ****ing hilarious!
                  Agree on all points.

                  I was gonna watch Tulsa the ole lady got irritated with all the commercial previews so I’ll have to solo that one.

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    Pretty sure Yellowstone itself is on Peacock and 1883 is on Paramount+. I've got those two and Prime. That's all I roll with these days.

                    A lot of the streaming services have $1.99 a month Black Friday deals for the time being or leading up to early December. I locked in Paramount+ for a year for like $2 a month and Peacock's at $5 or vice versa. Not bad. Paramount+ gives me the CBS games in HD which is cool. I think it's like $15 for Amazon, so $22 for three streaming services (plus other Prime benefits) sure beats any crazy cable bill.

                    Downsize is all internet companies are definitely hiking their prices. When I started with my current provider ~ 8 years ago it was $30 a month. Now it's like $75. But under $100 for entertainment/internet access is a pretty good deal. I know people who are still paying that for a cell phone line.

                    I picked up a smaller 32" Vizio TV for my home office and it has a ton of apps and free stuff. I just stream NFL games to the bigger screens using Chromecast and Streameast.

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                      Pretty sure Yellowstone itself is on Peacock and 1883 is on Paramount+. I've got those two and Prime. That's all I roll with these days.

                      A lot of the streaming services have $1.99 a month Black Friday deals for the time being or leading up to early December. I locked in Paramount+ for a year for like $2 a month and Peacock's at $5 or vice versa. Not bad. Paramount+ gives me the CBS games in HD which is cool. I think it's like $15 for Amazon, so $22 for three streaming services (plus other Prime benefits) sure beats any crazy cable bill.

                      Downsize is all internet companies are definitely hiking their prices. When I started with my current provider ~ 8 years ago it was $30 a month. Now it's like $75. But under $100 for entertainment/internet access is a pretty good deal. I know people who are still paying that for a cell phone line.

                      I picked up a smaller 32" Vizio TV for my home office and it has a ton of apps and free stuff. I just stream NFL games to the bigger screens using Chromecast and Streameast.
                      I should probably quit being dumb and consolidate everything on Prime. The price bloat for all the streaming services has been ridiculous. I run the Roku’s in around my house and some of the free apps are pretty good, I just can’t stand all the ads.

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        Originally posted by The1percentKid View Post

                        Agree on all points.

                        I was gonna watch Tulsa the ole lady got irritated with all the commercial previews so I’ll have to solo that one.
                        Lol…I was irritated with all the previews as well, but ended up saying **** it. I figured after enduring 20+ minutes of the same commercial over 2 weeks, I might as well watch the show. It was worth it!

                        Comment


                        • #14
                          Glad you all like shows that have parts for and actually hire Native Actors.

                          Makes me smile.
                          ​​​​​​

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            Originally posted by Fireball View Post

                            I should probably quit being dumb and consolidate everything on Prime. The price bloat for all the streaming services has been ridiculous. I run the Roku’s in around my house and some of the free apps are pretty good, I just can’t stand all the ads.
                            Not a bad idea! I don't have them consolidated, but I'm pretty sure they have the deal going until early December for those things on Amazon. I think a lot of the $1 or $2 a month pricing is only for three months though.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X