Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is the Most Important Game in 7 years

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This is the Most Important Game in 7 years

    So we have fewer wins in the past 7 years combined than this franchise had in just 2 years 1997 and 1998.
    We have not made the playoffs since 2015 when we won the SB50
    We brought in a new GM who has whiffed on a few draft picks, RW3 contract negotiations (stuck until 2025 paying out a whopping $250M), and possibly a HC Hackett selection who appears to be a 'players coach' that has hired a game manager and now must hand over playcalling responsibilities...when do we say enough? Sure there is a huge difference between playcalling and player execution - why don't we see some accountability for F-Ups Coach Nate instead of excusing behaviors and allowing murmuring in just 7 weeks. Let's rest our starters for the preseason and reveal a magic chemistry in the season...I don't think these strategies work at Walmart btw big guy.

    Now, the Walton Penner group did not select either one of these individuals (Hackett nor Paton). If they consult anyone it could be Peyton Manning, Tony Dungy, The NO Saints, or even their current DC Evero...just do something now please!!! They would like to focus on growth and expansion of the stadium district but with half the team on trading block and no draft picks, there is very little optimism and that is killing their momentum. The most recent plans of the new stadium as of Oct 2022 have implemented a plan to reduce operating cost by putting self checkouts at the stadium concessions.

    Now this new ownership group has had enough...yes, they started clapping once they realized their images were being broadcast by Amazon which has to just piss each one of them off. Just think about it from a personal point of view, Amazon (your #1 competitor) getting to produce, film and promote their unhappiness. The expressions on their faces suggested something far different than applause for the performance of their brand-new $4.65B toy.

    They can't ask Elway, the guy who drafted Drew Lock, Paxton Lynch, Tebow and Brock Osweiler. They can ask Peyton Manning, but he'll want to implement full OCD control of the situation and I'm not sure "Omaha" will run an entire franchise like it did 11 men on the field. Other options include increasing prices on the 100 billion Bananas sold each year at Walmart just to pay RW3 and move on. Maybe bring him in to be their creative designs marketing director or put him in charge of developing their horse fertilizer products to all of their 11,000 stores.

    What'er, the decision, look for a drastic shift in the Broncos over the next 3 weeks. It's do-or-die time for the brand and these owners didn't rise to the top of Walmart organization by just selling 2-5 ratio horse shit plant fertilizer at a higher price, they are some of the smartest in the room and will get results. Thank goodness we are playing at Wembley this weekend...the stadium contains 2,618 toilets, more than any other venue in the world.

    With both teams sitting at 2 and 5, expect them to be on max flow capacity during game time.
    Last edited by Vegas_Bronco; 10-27-2022, 11:22 AM.

  • #2
    Probably not.

    Comment


    • #3
      I wish they’d clean house. But it’s not going to happen.

      the most important game happened 2 weeks ago and the FO doesn’t even know it.

      Comment


      • #4
        I’m glad we get the early game so I’ll only be half awake watching this dumpster fire and no matter what we get a full day of better football when it’s over. And then a week with no Broncos.

        I care more about that than winning or losing tbh

        Comment


        • #5
          I just want whatever needs to happen to happen to give Evero a shot.

          Comment


          • #6
            Hopefully Hackett will be caught videotaping the Jags like that one doucheclown did the last time we were there so we can fire his dumb ass. 👍🏻

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Aztec Bronco View Post
              I’m glad we get the early game so I’ll only be half awake watching this dumpster fire and no matter what we get a full day of better football when it’s over. And then a week with no Broncos.

              I care more about that than winning or losing tbh
              Start the Sunday drinking early!!!! 🤣

              Comment


              • #8
                At this point, I think the team could lose 19-2 and I don't think Paton is making a change. It probably has no more significance than any of the other turds games in the punchbowl. Probably won't go out of my way to watch.

                Comment


                • #9
                  after listening to paton, i hope walton-pennis nukes the whole front office. What a absolute bozo.

                  Comment


                  • Old Coyote
                    Old Coyote commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Not the penis nuke! Lol

                • #10
                  Originally posted by Mile High Salute View Post

                  Start the Sunday drinking early!!!! 🤣
                  Annoying the entire neighborhood with a 6 AM pregame blunt on the patio!

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    we're 2-9 our last 11. worst in the nfl.

                    Comment


                    • Old Coyote
                      Old Coyote commented
                      Editing a comment
                      IIRC... If the Jets make the playoffs we will be the team with the longest current playoff drought too.

                    • Mile High Salute
                      Mile High Salute commented
                      Editing a comment
                      💩

                  • #12
                    Why do you act like WalMart billionaires need to make changes to “afford” Wilson’s contract? Or afford anything? If this was only about money they’d write a check and make it go away. The CAP and draft picks are the problem. The Cap and picks are why you are stuck with Russ and your path to fixing it is the coach and GM.

                    Comment


                    • #13
                      First thing to do with the stadium is get it out of downtown. Nobody wants to be there. It's violent overrun with drug addicts and criminals.

                      Comment


                      • cutthemdown
                        cutthemdown commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Denver has gone downhill since I lived in Lakewood, CO back in the late 70's. When I visited downtown in 2018 I felt like I was in Los Angeles. Sad to see how Denver has sunk.

                    • #14
                      On coach Hackett

                      “I believe in Nathaniel,” Paton said. “I support Nathaniel 100%. He’s been in this seven games as a head coach. The scrutiny he’s faced is unprecedented. We’ve had four primetime games, so he’s kind of had to learn in front of the entire world. But I really like how he’s kept the team together. They’re connected. He’s kept our building together, and I appreciate how he’s fought through that.”

                      On Wilson's contract
                      We wanted to get ahead of the contract cycle. We had seen how Russ was in the offseason and training camp and we felt really good about Russ. We feel really good about Russ,” Paton said, via 9News’ Mike Klis (on Twitter). “We didn’t want a lot of distraction during the season. We feel really good about it. I feel good about that deal. I feel like it will hold up. I feel good about Russ.”​



                      https://www.profootballrumors.com/20...lson-extension

                      Comment


                      • Orange4Life
                        Orange4Life commented
                        Editing a comment
                        FML 🤦‍♂️ fire them all

                    • #15
                      The game will be over by the time I get home from my long run. Don't normally listen to games when I'm training because it jacks up my heartrate. I agree with Vegas on the importance of the game though. Likely a fire sale Sunday night if Denver doesn't hang at least a 30 burger on Jacksonville and win the game.

                      I do think there's a huge over-reaction on all the 'Russ is washed up' stuff. A good coach can get more out of him than Carrol is getting out of Geno. Does anyone seriously think that Geno, Cousins, or Cooper rush are better players than Russell Wilson? He's going to win a lot of games for us once he's in an offense that makes sense for him. I'll be here to eat crow if I'm wrong, but I'll also be here to ram that cold crow right down some people's throats when I'm right. GO Broncos.

                      Comment


                      • #16
                        Elway didn't draft Tebow. Josh McDaniels did.

                        But I guess we lost to him too, so maybe that's worse.

                        Comment


                        • #17
                          Originally posted by Samiwindr View Post
                          The game will be over by the time I get home from my long run. Don't normally listen to games when I'm training because it jacks up my heartrate. I agree with Vegas on the importance of the game though. Likely a fire sale Sunday night if Denver doesn't hang at least a 30 burger on Jacksonville and win the game.

                          I do think there's a huge over-reaction on all the 'Russ is washed up' stuff. A good coach can get more out of him than Carrol is getting out of Geno. Does anyone seriously think that Geno, Cousins, or Cooper rush are better players than Russell Wilson? He's going to win a lot of games for us once he's in an offense that makes sense for him. I'll be here to eat crow if I'm wrong, but I'll also be here to ram that cold crow right down some people's throats when I'm right. GO Broncos.
                          Problem with all of this thought string is that RW3 demanded an offense that doesn't have him running and getting hurt. He thinks he can play until 45.
                          Hackett made the Offense that RW3 wanted.
                          Paton knows that.

                          What matters are adjustments.
                          Hackett hasn't gotten that going.

                          Big questions?
                          Can Hackett force RW3 to play the way he is good (which is also the way RW3 doesn't want to play anymore)?
                          Can RW3 still do it with his accuracy seeming off?
                          Can another coach get RW3 to play good in the way he works best? Will it take firings to light a fire under Wilson?

                          Are we screwed both ways?

                          Comment


                          • #18
                            Originally posted by oubronco View Post
                            On coach Hackett

                            “I believe in Nathaniel,” Paton said. “I support Nathaniel 100%. He’s been in this seven games as a head coach. The scrutiny he’s faced is unprecedented. We’ve had four primetime games, so he’s kind of had to learn in front of the entire world. But I really like how he’s kept the team together. They’re connected. He’s kept our building together, and I appreciate how he’s fought through that.”

                            On Wilson's contract
                            We wanted to get ahead of the contract cycle. We had seen how Russ was in the offseason and training camp and we felt really good about Russ. We feel really good about Russ,” Paton said, via 9News’ Mike Klis (on Twitter). “We didn’t want a lot of distraction during the season. We feel really good about it. I feel good about that deal. I feel like it will hold up. I feel good about Russ.”​



                            https://www.profootballrumors.com/20...lson-extension
                            What a load of 🐂💩. If he truly believes all that, then he needs to be gone as well. 🤦🏼‍♂️

                            Comment


                            • #19
                              The QB sucks.
                              The Coaching Sucks.

                              The QB refuses to bow down to the fact that he can't do what Brady did. He needs to play the way that got him wins.

                              The coach needs to let someone else play call and he needs to just make the scheme set up to use RW3 to his strengths. And Coach needs to tell QB that he was hired to do what got him wins based off those wins and if that's the only way he can do it he has to do it.

                              Coaches have to be strong and make the thing happen...
                              And franchise QBs have to make plays.

                              I want something to change, either Scheme or Coach or QB. Can't go out there like a stick in the mud.

                              Comment


                              • #20
                                Originally posted by oubronco View Post
                                On coach Hackett

                                “I believe in Nathaniel,” Paton said. “I support Nathaniel 100%. He’s been in this seven games as a head coach. The scrutiny he’s faced is unprecedented. We’ve had four primetime games, so he’s kind of had to learn in front of the entire world. But I really like how he’s kept the team together. They’re connected. He’s kept our building together, and I appreciate how he’s fought through that.”

                                On Wilson's contract
                                We wanted to get ahead of the contract cycle. We had seen how Russ was in the offseason and training camp and we felt really good about Russ. We feel really good about Russ,” Paton said, via 9News’ Mike Klis (on Twitter). “We didn’t want a lot of distraction during the season. We feel really good about it. I feel good about that deal. I feel like it will hold up. I feel good about Russ.”​



                                https://www.profootballrumors.com/20...lson-extension
                                Sounds like Hackett is here to stay through the season at least.

                                Comment


                                • #21
                                  Originally posted by oubronco View Post
                                  On coach Hackett

                                  “I believe in Nathaniel,” Paton said. “I support Nathaniel 100%. He’s been in this seven games as a head coach. The scrutiny he’s faced is unprecedented. We’ve had four primetime games, so he’s kind of had to learn in front of the entire world. But I really like how he’s kept the team together. They’re connected. He’s kept our building together, and I appreciate how he’s fought through that.”

                                  On Wilson's contract
                                  We wanted to get ahead of the contract cycle. We had seen how Russ was in the offseason and training camp and we felt really good about Russ. We feel really good about Russ,” Paton said, via 9News’ Mike Klis (on Twitter). “We didn’t want a lot of distraction during the season. We feel really good about it. I feel good about that deal. I feel like it will hold up. I feel good about Russ.”​



                                  https://www.profootballrumors.com/20...lson-extension
                                  The ol’ vote of confidence. I’ve been waiting for it. I’m not sure Hackett will be fired after this week (even though he should be), but the longer Paton holds out, the more incompetent he appears to be.

                                  Comment


                                  • #22
                                    Yeah, not so much. I figure if they haven't made a move by now, they're not going to, not until this season is mercifully buried anyway. Like those chickens at Costco, Broncos Country gets to turn on the spit.

                                    Comment


                                    • #23
                                      mehhh whatever.

                                      Go Avalanche

                                      Comment


                                      • #24
                                        Originally posted by Yerner View Post
                                        after listening to paton, i hope walton-pennis nukes the whole front office. What a absolute bozo.
                                        He sounded pretty confident in himself, but we’ll see what happens. Hopefully Penner is paying close attention but you’re right, Paton is a bozo!

                                        Comment


                                        • #25
                                          Originally posted by Vegas_Bronco View Post
                                          So we have fewer wins in the past 7 years combined than this franchise had in just 2 years 1997 and 1998.
                                          We have not made the playoffs since 2015 when we won the SB50
                                          We brought in a new GM who has whiffed on a few draft picks, RW3 contract negotiations (stuck until 2025 paying out a whopping $250M)…
                                          Just for clarification, the payout through 2025 is “only” $161mil.

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X