Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Week 6 - Broncos @ Chargers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Week 6 - Broncos @ Chargers

    I wanted to see Sofi Stadium in person, so I got tickets for this one.

    Despite the doom and gloom, I'm hoping to see the team respond to an ugly start.

    The Chargers are now paper thin at Offensive Tackle, and Herbert still has soft ribs. I feel like this is a situation we can take advantage of. Browning and Chubb have the ability to disrupt this game and cause a couple turnovers.

    I'm not getting my hopes sky high, but I think this is a situation for the Broncos to take advantage of. We have CBs that can cover Williams. Ekeler vs our LB's is my biggest worry.

    We could see Meinerz and Dulcich out there. Also Simmons, Ojemudia, and Compton are eligible to return.

    A division road win is just what the doctor ordered. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping we can see some improvements.


  • #2
    The boltz continue on with the Seahags agenda of blitzing Wilson to the left with his partially torn lat and he goes 0-3 on the first three series and then drops the sandwich for a diet rite and goes on a Taysom hill 3 rushing TD day to lose 24-27. Wilson ends up leaving the game in the 4th quarter with injury which stays the firing of Hackett. Don't be mad, we are on that kind of trajectory.

    Meanwhile Von Miller and Bills get another win.

    Comment


    • #3
      America tunes in to see what coach pulls out the most bonehead move to potentially lose the game

      this is assuming Denver is in the game late

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ceh View Post
        America tunes in to see what coach pulls out the most bonehead move to potentially lose the game

        this is assuming Denver is in the game late
        Denver has been in all 5 games late.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by cmhargrove View Post
          I wanted to see Sofi Stadium in person, so I got tickets for this one.

          Despite the doom and gloom, I'm hoping to see the team respond to an ugly start.

          The Chargers are now paper thin at Offensive Tackle, and Herbert still has soft ribs. I feel like this is a situation we can take advantage of. Browning and Chubb have the ability to disrupt this game and cause a couple turnovers.

          I'm not getting my hopes sky high, but I think this is a situation for the Broncos to take advantage of. We have CBs that can cover Williams. Ekeler vs our LB's is my biggest worry.

          We could see Meinerz and Dulcich out there. Also Simmons, Ojemudia, and Compton are eligible to return.

          A division road win is just what the doctor ordered. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping we can see some improvements.
          I know that after that disaster on Thursday, you would think the team will want to come out and play angry, but this team reminds me too much of the VJ teams who have mentally checked out and are already thinking about the off season. I think the Chargers win big.........

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by cmhargrove View Post
            I wanted to see Sofi Stadium in person, so I got tickets for this one.

            Despite the doom and gloom, I'm hoping to see the team respond to an ugly start.

            The Chargers are now paper thin at Offensive Tackle, and Herbert still has soft ribs. I feel like this is a situation we can take advantage of. Browning and Chubb have the ability to disrupt this game and cause a couple turnovers.

            I'm not getting my hopes sky high, but I think this is a situation for the Broncos to take advantage of. We have CBs that can cover Williams. Ekeler vs our LB's is my biggest worry.

            We could see Meinerz and Dulcich out there. Also Simmons, Ojemudia, and Compton are eligible to return.

            A division road win is just what the doctor ordered. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping we can see some improvements.
            We will lose against Chargers.. It might be close as the chargers coach is equally dumb as Hackett.

            Comment


            • #7

              Comment


              • #8

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'll say this ...and yes, this is a dig on the Broncos...but frankly, the Broncos games have been pretty entertaining. Drama? Comedy? WTF moments? I mean...football is meant to be etnertaining, and I've been entertained watching the Broncos.

                  Regarding the Chargers....Mr Hargrove might be onto something. Everything he mentions as possible obstacles to a chargers win are real issues. I think Denver can cause the Chargers some problems considering their injuries and Herberts ribs. I even think your coach is due for a solid game. I am not sure WIlson is. To me it's all about how Wilson plays. Problem is, he's gotta perform without Boles (maybe not such a great loss, but he was a starting NFL LT...) no Javonte.... gotta get it done with Sutton, Jeudy and Hamler...and the cast of JAGs at TE. If Wilson has 3 or more passing TD the Broncos win. Hold the Broncos under 20, they lose. If Wilson is going to earn that check...this is a game that he does it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hopefully dulcich can play

                    we need a weapon at the TE spot

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      One positive of all the injuries will be the development of our roster for depth. If we can continue to develop the depth on this roster, while NH and RW3 get on the same page and figure out what they should have been doing in the offseason, we will have a playoff caliber team here in another year. I really like how the defense has stepped up while we continue to be our worst enemy on offense...reminds me of the Fangio teams which were frustrating but also stingy.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Agent Zero View Post
                        Hopefully dulcich can play

                        we need a weapon at the TE spot
                        I haven't heard any coaches praising him though - so I'm not sure he's everything we think he could be. We heard a lot about Fant and how excited the coaches were to use him even his rookie year - I'm not getting that same level of anticipation on Dulci.

                        Comment


                        • #13

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Can our D use both Simmons and Sterns at Safety on the field at the same time?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Vegas_Bronco View Post
                              One positive of all the injuries will be the development of our roster for depth. If we can continue to develop the depth on this roster, while NH and RW3 get on the same page and figure out what they should have been doing in the offseason, we will have a playoff caliber team here in another year. I really like how the defense has stepped up while we continue to be our worst enemy on offense...reminds me of the Fangio teams which were frustrating but also stingy.
                              This is really it for the season now. I had this week circled as the game that the lightbulb would turn on and this team would start to gel, but the offense has shown zero indication of it happening any time soon. Paton needs to draft additional depth anyway. I still feel like we have a core of starters capable of competing for a playoff spot (if healthy, jeez), but depth was always going to be an issue.

                              That said, the run defense should improve with Simmon's return and hopefully he can take up some of the slack in coverage with Darby's exit. Our pass rush disappeared last week after Browning went down. Hopefully he plays.

                              Meinerz return will instantly improve the line, but I still like the idea of moving Glasgow to center for the rest of the season and drafting a center next year. We need way more Cush for the push, and Cush just doesn't have it. Hoping Mathis can fill Darby's shoes. I'm going to be looking for run plays with Meinerz pulling - he can get upfield faster than any other lineman we have.

                              If this team can just take that last step from a discipline standpoint and stop the drive killing penalty every time we cross midfield, we just might have a chance to win the game.

                              Comment


                              • #16

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                                  Can our D use both Simmons and Sterns at Safety on the field at the same time?
                                  The NFL has rules limiting the amount of awesome players you can have on the field at once. So, no.

                                  Comment


                                  • Old Coyote
                                    Old Coyote commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Hahaha...

                                • #18
                                  Originally posted by Vegas_Bronco View Post

                                  I haven't heard any coaches praising him though - so I'm not sure he's everything we think he could be. We heard a lot about Fant and how excited the coaches were to use him even his rookie year - I'm not getting that same level of anticipation on Dulci.
                                  Well Hackett was pounding the table for him during the draft

                                  so let’s see

                                  Comment


                                  • #19
                                    Originally posted by GoneFishin' View Post

                                    The NFL has rules limiting the amount of awesome players you can have on the field at once. So, no.
                                    I just saw an article mentioning that Sterns stepped in for Jackson (SS) for two games last year. I do wonder if they will use Sterns at SS and Simmons at FS against the Chargers.

                                    Comment


                                    • #20
                                      Safeties have to be able to play boths SS and FS. Sterns and Simmons can totally be out there together. That's probably the future for years to come anyway

                                      Comment


                                      • Old Coyote
                                        Old Coyote commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Matter of fact I'd expand that and say they are DBs and all the DBs have to be able to play safety or straight cover.

                                    • #21
                                      Wow! All these injured players coming back or continuing to practice. What could go wrong?

                                      Comment


                                      • #22
                                        Doesn't matter who's out there to catch the ball when the QB is blind and can't see a wide open receiver and Ekeler will have a hayday receiving against these lbs

                                        Comment


                                        • #23
                                          I’m still holding on to the notion that things often get worse before they get better…. This season start is worse than the last miserable 5 seasons, so thinking at some point it clicks and we become average maybe above average. With injuries at many key places, maybe that is wishful thinking this year.

                                          this will be a divisional grind. The team that has a tendency to find a way to lose will do so, and I think that’s the Broncos.

                                          Comment


                                          • Old Coyote
                                            Old Coyote commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            We lost to Dalton.

                                            We can't even hold up against a bb gun

                                        • #24
                                          Chargers should be moved back to San Diego. Two teams in the same stadium has the feel of somebody renting out their garage to the homeless.

                                          Comment


                                          • #25
                                            Our QB became a salesman selling his hats. Hackett seems to be confused.
                                            One fine day, he might fire himself to end his misery.

                                            Will be a miracle if we win this game. Will watch to see what type of blunders both coaches will commit.

                                            Comment

                                            Working...
                                            X