Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If we wanna talk about the loss . 2 plays killed us.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If we wanna talk about the loss . 2 plays killed us.

    Everyone on here is talking about Gordon. Rightfully so. He is averaging a fumble a game. I will give the coach props for benching him for the rest of the game..

    Nobody is talking about the Mcmanus missing an extra point. This is huge . He has three misses so far this year. It starting to feel like we can no longer count on him for the crucial points .

  • #2
    Originally posted by quoydogs View Post
    Everyone on here is talking about Gordon. Rightfully so. He is averaging a fumble a game. I will give the coach props for benching him for the rest of the game..

    Nobody is talking about the Mcmanus missing an extra point. This is huge . He has three misses so far this year. It starting to feel like we can no longer count on him for the crucial points .
    More of a larger special teams fail. I'm not even sure the holder got the ball stood up on end. I chuckled that is looked like he laid the ball flat on the ground.

    Not a McManus problem in the slightest. Feels like we're losing on field position again routinely... mostly due to really subpar punts.

    Comment


    • #3
      Anybody else just kinda not care about this team anymore? 🥱

      Comment


      • #4
        Bad snap, bad hold = miss

        Raiders missed theirs too, the game was still tied at that point. We lost by 9, I fail to see how the missed extra point affected anything.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Tangerine View Post
          Bad snap, bad hold = miss

          Raiders missed theirs too, the game was still tied at that point. We lost by 9, I fail to see how the missed extra point affected anything.
          That totally changed the game. We would have been up 17 -16 . It would have changed all the O plays by the Faid at that point. It would have also made it a 8 point game . Last it checked that is a one possession game, not two. It was just as big as the fumble.

          Comment


          • #6
            Release McManus. Sign Jason Elam!

            Comment


            • quoydogs
              quoydogs commented
              Editing a comment
              Man I loved Elam.

            • bowtown
              bowtown commented
              Editing a comment
              McManus is better than Elam

          • #7
            It was a miracle he even kicked that ball after the snap. Cannot blame that on McManus.

            Comment


            • #8
              Nothing was as big as the fumble, that was a 9 point swing in the Faiders direction.

              Comment


              • Old Dude
                Old Dude commented
                Editing a comment
                At least 9. Maybe more. Devastating when your offense is averaging less than 17 points a game.

              • Blueflame
                Blueflame commented
                Editing a comment
                Easily could have been a 14-point swing...

            • #9
              Originally posted by Requiem View Post
              Release McManus. Sign Jason Elam!
              Say what you will but he missed a game winning 64 yarder in the first game.

              Missed a 50 yard field goal the second game.

              Missed a extra point last game.

              Gordon may be fumbling a ball every game but Mcmanus is almost missing every week as well.

              Comment


              • #10
                The 3rd quarter and the fumble was where Denver lost the game.
                25-23 or 25-24 does it matter? Denver goes ahead with a FG but the D could not stop Jacobs when mattered the most.

                The ST was a bright spot except for the high snap. Montrell looks like the real deal.

                Comment


                • #11
                  Not exactly flat on the ground, but that's not exactly the angle you hope for on a hold. 🤔


                  Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled.png Views:	1 Size:	66.9 KB ID:	161938
                  Successful hold from earlier in the game for comparison. Not even sure how McManus was supposed to kick around the holder's foot on the miss.

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	132
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	161943
                  Last edited by BroncoBeavis; 10-03-2022, 11:57 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #12
                    Originally posted by ceh View Post
                    The 3rd quarter and the fumble was where Denver lost the game.
                    25-23 or 25-24 does it matter? Denver goes ahead with a FG but the D could not stop Jacobs when mattered the most.

                    The ST was a bright spot except for the high snap. Montrell looks like the real deal.
                    First Montrell was playing on a whole different level last night. So much so that Mcdouche tried an onside kick rather kick to Montrell .

                    But to say the the onside kick wasn't important. When you have a minute left and you are down by two scores the games over. When you have a minute left and you are down buy one score you still have a chance.

                    That missed extra point was just as big as the fumble.

                    Comment


                    • #13
                      Originally posted by ceh View Post
                      The ST was a bright spot except for the high snap. Montrell looks like the real deal.
                      Well except the punting. Not bright at all.

                      Comment


                      • #14
                        Originally posted by quoydogs View Post
                        Everyone on here is talking about Gordon. Rightfully so. He is averaging a fumble a game. I will give the coach props for benching him for the rest of the game..

                        Nobody is talking about the Mcmanus missing an extra point. This is huge . He has three misses so far this year. It starting to feel like we can no longer count on him for the crucial points .
                        Yeah, 32 - 24 is a much more manageable loss IMHO.

                        I disagree with the premise of your post.

                        Comment


                        • #15
                          Originally posted by quoydogs View Post

                          First Montrell was playing on a whole different level last night. So much so that Mcdouche tried an onside kick rather kick to Montrell .

                          But to say the the onside kick wasn't important. When you have a minute left and you are down by two scores the games over. When you have a minute left and you are down buy one score you still have a chance.

                          That missed extra point was just as big as the fumble.
                          What are you talking about onside kick? The made extra point changes the game how?

                          Comment


                          • quoydogs
                            quoydogs commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I ****ed that up it was a long weekend. I meant to say the missed extra point .

                        • #16
                          Originally posted by Gordon Gekko View Post
                          Nothing was as big as the fumble, that was a 9 point swing in the Faiders direction.
                          Yeah, nothing was even close to that. Totally swung momentum and put us in a hole. Thanks Melvin.

                          Comment


                          • #17
                            Ok so I'm seeing McManus being among 7 kickers with 2 missed field goals so far this year. And only he and Greg Joseph's 2 misses are both in the 50+ yard range. And we all know the 64 yard attempt at sea level through forest fire smog was a ****ing stupid idea. I'm not worried about McManus.

                            Comment


                            • quoydogs
                              quoydogs commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Yes but you forgot to mention the missed extra point.

                          • #18
                            McManus is the least of this team's problems. Jesus ****ing Christ. . . 🤣

                            Comment


                            • #19
                              Why didn't Evero just have PS2 follow Adams no matter where he went. The CAT defense. Instead he stayed put and McD brought Adams into the slot to get him open.

                              these two plays in the 4th were critical. IIRC, Adams went into the slot to get away from PS2 on the 2nd play.
                              6:37 3 6 LVR 29 23 25 Derek Carr scrambles left end for 9 yards (tackle by K'Waun Williams) -0.100 1.470
                              5:18 2 13 LVR 35 23 25 Derek Carr pass complete short middle to Davante Adams for 17 yards (tackle by Josey Jewell) 0.520 2.390

                              Comment


                              • #20
                                Originally posted by quoydogs View Post
                                Everyone on here is talking about Gordon. Rightfully so. He is averaging a fumble a game. I will give the coach props for benching him for the rest of the game..

                                Nobody is talking about the Mcmanus missing an extra point. This is huge . He has three misses so far this year. It starting to feel like we can no longer count on him for the crucial points .
                                I am really starting to question your football acumen. He missed a 64 yard FG and then a XP where the ball was snapped 5 ft high and completely botched the timing.

                                Comment


                                • #21
                                  Originally posted by ceh View Post

                                  What are you talking about onside kick? The made extra point changes the game how?
                                  The missed extra point cause us to be two scores down . With a minute left there is basically nothing you can do. If he makes that we are a td and a two point conversion away from a tie and overtime. HUGE

                                  Comment


                                  • #22
                                    Originally posted by 76er View Post

                                    I am really starting to question your football acumen. He missed a 64 yard FG and then a XP where the ball was snapped 5 ft high and completely botched the timing.
                                    He also missed a 53 yard kick. He is supposed to be one of the best. he is getting paid 17 million to show he is one of the best. He at this point has missed a kick in 3 of the 4 games.

                                    Comment


                                    • #23
                                      GORDON'S FUMBLE, Eviro's game plan for Jacobs, ref's inability to call a hold on the Raiders offense, Bronco's running on first down with zero play action, Fleming/Glasgow constant fails vs Crosby. The offense started picking things up, but got predictable in the second half. Hate that Jeudy fake sweep when they never give him the ball.

                                      Comment


                                      • #24
                                        Not sure how the kicker is supposed to kick an extra point when it is laying on the ground. I thought going to 2 after the penalty on the last TD should have been considered so you had a bit of potential insurance against a TD.

                                        Denver lost because they got their stool pushed in on D and OL. The defense was pathetic. Raiders ran 74 plays to 48. They ran the ball 38 times.

                                        If you want to single out plays the Carr Scrambles before half and end of the game directly put points on the board when the D needed to make a play.

                                        Comment


                                        • #25
                                          Originally posted by DD55 View Post
                                          Not sure how the kicker is supposed to kick an extra point when it is laying on the ground. I thought going to 2 after the penalty on the last TD should have been considered so you had a bit of potential insurance against a TD.

                                          Denver lost because they got their stool pushed in on D and OL. The defense was pathetic. Raiders ran 74 plays to 48. They ran the ball 38 times.

                                          If you want to single out plays the Carr Scrambles before half and end of the game directly put points on the board when the D needed to make a play.
                                          Raiders were very fortunate the referees swallowed their whistles on the Carr scramble. Gregory was clearly held. Regardless, the tackling was piss poor, our guys were bouncing off their guys.

                                          Raiders were more physical, an OL just ran up to Surtain and ran him over in the end zone well after the TD. Guys just sat around and watched that unfold.

                                          Like someone mentioned, Chubb was talking a bunch of crap before the game and was a total no show. I know there’s alot of heat on Hackett but some of these guys need some heat on them as well, there’s nobody Walmart cash can’t replace.

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X