Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loss exposed the cracks.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Loss exposed the cracks.

    I got around to watching the game tonight after missing it live. I mentioned that even though Raiders were 0 and 3 they were just having some timing and dropped ball issues. Guys have been open for them but hadn't connected yet.

    -injury list is pretty brutal effecting the depth that wasn't there to begin with. Lack of size on DL(outside of Purcell and Jones)showed up. Why does Jacob's struggle vs everyone but Denver?

    -Coaching mismatch was apparent. MCD might not be likeable but he does gameplan with the best of them. He saw the lack of depth with size in the front 7 and exposed it. Hackett is not a Shanny/Mcvay coach like that gets falsely thrown around. Denver is one of the worst first down teams because they run too many basic running plays on first down.

    -OL weakness was exposed tonight especially on the edges. They have overachieved to an average level but the RT as feared is a smoking hole.

    -Time to dump Melvin except the knee injury to Williams will get him a pile of carries. I'd bring up the Nebraska guy on the PS.

    -TE group is the worst in the league. Did Albert O even play? I never checked inactives since I didn't want to see a score.

    Not surprised by the loss but the amount of injuries and short week isn't good.
    Last edited by DD55; 10-03-2022, 09:32 AM.

  • #2
    Keep reminding us why don't ya? 🥺🥺

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by DD55 View Post
      I got around to watching the game tonight after missing it live. I mentioned that even though Raiders were 0 and 3 they were just having some timing and dropped ball issues. Guys have been open for them but hadn't connected yet.

      -injurie list is pretty brutal effecting the depth that wasn't there to begin with. Lack of size on DL(outside of Purcell and Jones)showed up. Why does Jacob's struggle vs everyone but Denver?

      -Coaching mismatch was apparent. MCD might not be likeable but he does gameplan with the best of them. He saw the lack of depth with size in the front 7 and exposed it. Hackett is not a Shanny/Mcvay coach like that gets falsely thrown around. Denver is one of the worst first down teams because they run too many basic running plays on first down.

      -OL weakness was exposed tonight especially on the edges. They have overachieved to an average level but the RT as feared is a smoking hole.

      -Time to dump Melvin except the knee injury to Williams will get him a pile of carries. I'd bring up the Nebraska guy on the PS.

      -TE group is the worst in the league. Did Albert O even play? I never checked inactives since I didn't want to see a score.

      Not surprised by the loss but the amount of injuries and short week isn't good.
      Albert O is a good TE... Somehow, Hackett doesn't involve him.
      Gordon should never touch the ball. it's better to pass instead of asking him to carry the load.
      He is one of the reason why he lost 2 games this season.

      Hackett is not a coach.. Not sure what Paton saw him.
      To have success, let Russ play his style. we see glimpses here and there. in 3rd quarter, why did he stopped passing the ball?

      Next time, Hire a coach that have experience in HC.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DD55 View Post
        I got around to watching the game tonight after missing it live. I mentioned that even though Raiders were 0 and 3 they were just having some timing and dropped ball issues. Guys have been open for them but hadn't connected yet.

        -injurie list is pretty brutal effecting the depth that wasn't there to begin with. Lack of size on DL(outside of Purcell and Jones)showed up. Why does Jacob's struggle vs everyone but Denver?

        -Coaching mismatch was apparent. MCD might not be likeable but he does gameplan with the best of them. He saw the lack of depth with size in the front 7 and exposed it. Hackett is not a Shanny/Mcvay coach like that gets falsely thrown around. Denver is one of the worst first down teams because they run too many basic running plays on first down.

        -OL weakness was exposed tonight especially on the edges. They have overachieved to an average level but the RT as feared is a smoking hole.

        -Time to dump Melvin except the knee injury to Williams will get him a pile of carries. I'd bring up the Nebraska guy on the PS.

        -TE group is the worst in the league. Did Albert O even play? I never checked inactives since I didn't want to see a score.

        Not surprised by the loss but the amount of injuries and short week isn't good.
        That chip block release by our TE that led to a 9 yard sack of Russ was atrocious effort by the TE...my after sht smell could do better at blocking and releasing. The offense in general was trash...we have 3 guys standing around watching the ball carrier at all times...watch the film...its bad.

        We cant catch a ball without jumping up and flexing either which is a sign of low discipline - act like you've been there before and will be there again...like its actually your job and you do it all the time. 3rd and 9 conversion and we flex...save it for the end zone idiots.

        Comment


        • #5
          Shurmur made Albert O look like a dynamic threat, Hackett's already ruined that and gave him one play yesterday.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Yerner View Post
            Shurmur made Albert O look like a dynamic threat, Hackett's already ruined that and gave him one play yesterday.
            It’s to bad he won’t give Gordon the same treatment. We need new blood in the RB room.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Vegas_Bronco View Post

              That chip block release by our TE that led to a 9 yard sack of Russ was atrocious effort by the TE...my after sht smell could do better at blocking and releasing. The offense in general was trash...we have 3 guys standing around watching the ball carrier at all times...watch the film...its bad.

              We cant catch a ball without jumping up and flexing either which is a sign of low discipline - act like you've been there before and will be there again...like its actually your job and you do it all the time. 3rd and 9 conversion and we flex...save it for the end zone idiots.
              Well, the TE release was obviously part of the play call but the Raiders had it totally sniffed out. However, there are certain players that you NEVER give an unopposed lane to the QB, and Crosby is one off those guys. Beck should have understood that the EMOLS is still the most important part of the play.

              Comment


              • #8
                I wouldn’t be surprised if this team gets swept in the division… that was a sloppy performance, must like that other 3 sloppy performances

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by B-Large View Post
                  I wouldn’t be surprised if this team gets swept in the division… that was a sloppy performance, must like that other 3 sloppy performances
                  Super sloppy! Extra sloppy!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Requiem View Post

                    Super sloppy! Extra sloppy!

                    Hackett- “we made ‘em extra schloppy for ya’s”

                    broncos are a hard watch!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Carolina, Jets, Colts and Jags look like winnable games on that schedule… maybe Raiders at home, but they looked much better yesterday than the Broncos and I don’t see that changing.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Albert O issue is he can't even get in the way blocking.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Who would’ve thought after 4 weeks we’d actually be missing Fangio/Shurmur…. Yikes! It’s been a disaster.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by DD55 View Post
                            Albert O issue is he can't even get in the way blocking.
                            One of the reasons why he went from seeing ~ 70-percent of the snaps in Game 1 to a handful of snaps yesterday. Sad!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              he seemed to be fine last year and make big impact plays at te2. hacketts just a fraud who's daddy got him a job.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Originally posted by B-Large View Post
                                Carolina, Jets, Colts and Jags look like winnable games on that schedule… maybe Raiders at home, but they looked much better yesterday than the Broncos and I don’t see that changing.
                                I wouldn’t pick us confidently in any of those games. Particularly Jacksonville.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by Mozzafiato View Post

                                  I wouldn’t pick us confidently in any of those games. Particularly Jacksonville.
                                  Lol, Chiefs, Chargers, Rams, Tenn, Balt done look particularly good either!

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by B-Large View Post
                                    Carolina, Jets, Colts and Jags look like winnable games on that schedule… maybe Raiders at home, but they looked much better yesterday than the Broncos and I don’t see that changing.
                                    Other teams might be thinking the same.. the way we are playing ..nothing was wasy.

                                    Homers were saying we will thrash Raiders..

                                    Comment


                                    • #19

                                      Comment


                                      • #20

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          Originally posted by go_broncos View Post

                                          Other teams might be thinking the same.. the way we are playing ..nothing was wasy.

                                          Homers were saying we will thrash Raiders..
                                          I saw this game as a loss. I don’t see how anyone could think the Broncos on the road against a divvy rival playing the way they are, would make a statement win. Two weeks ago we couldn’t get plays in on time and had to hire outside help to manage that. Week 4 we’re in third and long all the time and playing a guy who fumbles every week..

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            aka Russell Wilson kind of blows..

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              Albert O probably struggles with the playbook, he’s been in the doghouse since training camp started.

                                              Before TC, OC Outten was diplomatic when talking about Albert O adjusting to the new playbook. The new staff doesn’t call out players but you can see what’s going on by the amount of snaps a guy is getting.

                                              Is Dulcich returning this week? You know this TE group is crap when your pining for a third round draft pick to play.

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                Everyone is blaming Gordon and the OL for the loss. The elephant in the room is how shitty the defense was and the lack of size showed up. McD used the gameplan that Pats used on Denver in 2012. No huddle with pace run game with extra OL. The only 2 guys with size on the front 7 are 97 and 98. You can throw chubb in there too but typical of a Ram type defensive team they plan on shootouts and can get run over at times. What is Suh doing?

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  Originally posted by Yerner View Post
                                                  aka Russell Wilson kind of blows..

                                                  Yeah, lots of people saying after the last couple of weeks that the offense is going to improve when the players get more acclimated to it. I tend to agree with the take in these tweets. Our offense mostly is what it is. Don’t expect a large improvement.

                                                  Comment

                                                  Working...
                                                  X