Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Read any Good Books Lately?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Read any Good Books Lately?

    I got a ton of great suggestions from this thread back on the mane. Since at least half of that thread was about Game of Thrones and Wheel of Time I thought it I should bring it back with Amazon releasing the WOT trailer. Bezos told his people to go find the next GOT. They may have pulled it off.



    As for reading any good books. Most recent was
    Click image for larger version

Name:	9780230531314-us.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	1564

    It was ok, a little over the top on the blood and gore but a good story.

  • #2
    Been on a music bio kick as of late…











    Comment


    • #3
      Reading American Tabloid for I think the 4th time. Ellroy at his peak, just amazing stuff.

      Comment


      • #4
        Reading this again...

        Click image for larger version

Name:	41lZKXt1+ML._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	35337

        Amazing book.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Roh View Post
          Reading this again...

          Click image for larger version

Name:	41lZKXt1+ML._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	35337

          Amazing book.
          That has been on my list forever. Finally going to do it. Thanks for the reminder.

          Comment


          • #6

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Roh View Post
              Reading this again...

              Click image for larger version

Name:	41lZKXt1+ML._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	35337

              Amazing book.
              I'm going to have to check this out. Thanks, Roh!

              Comment


              • #8
                I spend so much time reading for work that I really don't read for pleasure much. I'd rather vegetate with YouTube.

                Last book I read was "Centennial", which was fine but didn't leave much of an impression.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I bought The Witcher box set… half was through the first book, very enjoyable, easy read…

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by W*GS View Post
                    I spend so much time reading for work that I really don't read for pleasure much. I'd rather vegetate with YouTube.

                    Last book I read was "Centennial", which was fine but didn't leave much of an impression.
                    Have you tried audio books? They have basically replaced music for me. If I am alone in the car or at the gym or walking the dog it is usually an audio book in my ear.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Drunk Monkey View Post

                      Have you tried audio books? They have basically replaced music for me. If I am alone in the car or at the gym or walking the dog it is usually an audio book in my ear.
                      I think audio books are too slow, compared to reading. I drive so little and when I'm riding or walking, I don't use headphones (gotta be able to hear) so audio books just don't work for me.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        This came in the mail today. Click image for larger version

Name:	867BCE9B-7FC3-4D99-A6F3-A9F8823C7ADA.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	3.72 MB
ID:	47692

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	B7075BD6-8820-4CA4-89D9-AF6B0B463AEB.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	4.85 MB
ID:	52838Baseball Prospectus!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'm currently working my way through this. Very interesting thus far!

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	164154._SY475_.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	280.7 KB
ID:	57754

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              For "true crime" fans:

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	22041212-26-75CoverCandidate1_3_540x.webp
Views:	14
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	124486

                              It will blow your mind.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Finished up A Canticle for Leibowitz, as well as The Postman, and am now beginning Warday.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X