Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bring in Mike Shanahan

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bring in Mike Shanahan

    ..... To run the offense. Take that off Hackett's plate. Maybe Hackett's a better game planner than play caller. Mike would help with pacing which is clearly off. Plus, if he doesn't do this he might never be a head coach again after this year.

    Would Mike do it? He's probably bored and motivated to beat these young guys who feel like they do his own system better than he ever did.

    Maybe Russ has too much power and this would push the breaks on letting Russ "actually cook".

    I'd maybe get excited again.

  • #2
    🥴

    Comment


    • #3
      Our offense is already a Mike shanahan offense

      Good between the 20s
      suck in red zone

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Agent Zero View Post
        Our offense is already a Mike shanahan offense

        Good between the 20s
        suck in red zone
        sorry, the nfl is bringing in a different Shannahan this week. Feels bad for Natty Hackett….

        Comment


        • #5
          No thanks as that means his BF Slowick is coming to be the DC.

          Comment


          • #6
            I actually was going to suggest they look at Shanny but just as a mentor for Hackett. The guy is a damn deer in the headlights right now. Someone needs to put an arm around his shoulders and tell him to chill the **** out.

            edit: What exactly does our OC do if Hackett's calling the plays? Maybe his job can be to snap Hackett out of these panic attacks.
            Last edited by PRBronco; 09-19-2022, 10:39 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              I would love to see the team bring in a "consultant" to help Hackett out. He needs it badly. Shanny, Dungy, Payton... hell, I would settle for Herm Edwards at this point. Anyone who can help Hackett keep his focus where it needs to be. When is the last time Hackett called plays? Then on top of that he is trying to run a team for the first time. This had disaster written all over it from the start.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by 76er View Post
                I would love to see the team bring in a "consultant" to help Hackett out. He needs it badly. Shanny, Dungy, Payton... hell, I would settle for Herm Edwards at this point. Anyone who can help Hackett keep his focus where it needs to be. When is the last time Hackett called plays? Then on top of that he is trying to run a team for the first time. This had disaster written all over it from the start.
                Yes, maybe, but I wonder if it isn’t too late. I think Hackett is spinning too many plates, so why not take the most cumbersome plate off his shoulders. Get Klint Kubiak involved in the play calling, and Hackett can collaborate & still be involved.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post

                  Yes, maybe, but I wonder if it isn’t too late. I think Hackett is spinning too many plates, so why not take the most cumbersome plate off his shoulders. Get Klint Kubiak involved in the play calling, and Hackett can collaborate & still be involved.
                  Great Plan!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    This is where keeping someone like Mike Munchak around may have been a good idea.

                    Comment


                    • PRBronco
                      PRBronco commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Oh damn I forgot about Munchak, yeah he'd be a perfect fit. I think he still lives in Denver too doesn't he?

                  • #11
                    You know, as much as NFL teams often eff this kind of stuff up, and as costly as the wrong decision can be in these kind of moments, teams should really think about employing a game/clock management czar or something. In any given situation, they know when and where to call timeout, whether or not they’re actually in FG range, if they need to hurry up and spike the football or have time to run a play, etc. They’ll know the analytics and percentages off the top of their head, so that coaches like Hackett won’t fart around with the clock to the point that they get delay of game penalties taking them out of FG range. 🤦🏼‍♂️

                    Thinking about their last-gasp drive at the very end, the Texans were all out of sorts too. Granted, some of that was on Davis Mills’ inexperience, but after Lovie gave them a minute to work with, poor clock management at the very end cost them any realistic chance of scoring. Just seems like for every Belichick or Harbaugh who seem to generally be pretty good about this kind of stuff, there are just as many or more Andy Reid / Hackett types across the NFL. 🤷🏼‍♂️

                    And if you think about it, a HC really has plenty of other responsibilities on their shoulders in addition to this part of the game, especially if they’re also calling plays.

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      Originally posted by Mile High Salute View Post
                      You know, as much as NFL teams often eff this kind of stuff up, and as costly as the wrong decision can be in these kind of moments, teams should really think about employing a game/clock management czar or something. In any given situation, they know when and where to call timeout, whether or not they’re actually in FG range, if they need to hurry up and spike the football or have time to run a play, etc. They’ll know the analytics and percentages off the top of their head, so that coaches like Hackett won’t fart around with the clock to the point that they get delay of game penalties taking them out of FG range. 🤦🏼‍♂️

                      Thinking about their last-gasp drive at the very end, the Texans were all out of sorts too. Granted, some of that was on Davis Mills’ inexperience, but after Lovie gave them a minute to work with, poor clock management at the very end cost them any realistic chance of scoring. Just seems like for every Belichick or Harbaugh who seem to generally be pretty good about this kind of stuff, there are just as many or more Andy Reid / Hackett types across the NFL. 🤷🏼‍♂️

                      And if you think about it, a HC really has plenty of other responsibilities on their shoulders in addition to this part of the game, especially if they’re also calling plays.
                      99 percent of pro and college coaches can handle all that…

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        Originally posted by wolf754life View Post

                        99 percent of pro and college coaches can handle all that…
                        I think your number is wayyyy too high there, chief. Just my opinion, though. Not to excuse any of the 💩 Hackett did yesterday, but I’ve seen plenty of costly late game coaching boners cost teams over the years. (And college - college is even worse! 🤣) Andy Reid is infamous for them, and he’s one of the better coaches in the league. 🤷🏼‍♂️

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X