Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunday Ticket to NFL+?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sunday Ticket to NFL+?

    Has anyone tried NFL+?

    I was thinking I could just screen mirror my iPhone to my laptop, then HDMI to my TV. I know they are trying to make this an option for "mobile only," but I don't see why I can't select this route and get the whole season for $79?

    Am I missing something? I feel like I can finally kick DirectTV to the curb and switch to YouTube TV.

    Anyone else doing this?

  • #2
    I have run into a few things where it said mirroring is not allowed. I would think this would be your problem. But that's just a guess

    Comment


    • #3
      I just use game pass. I catch Redzone for the early games . Shut off social media while the games on the watch it commercial free when it's done. 99 bucks and it teaches you patience.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by cmhargrove View Post
        Has anyone tried NFL+?

        I was thinking I could just screen mirror my iPhone to my laptop, then HDMI to my TV. I know they are trying to make this an option for "mobile only," but I don't see why I can't select this route and get the whole season for $79?

        Am I missing something? I feel like I can finally kick DirectTV to the curb and switch to YouTube TV.

        Anyone else doing this?
        I looked into it, as we just got rid of cable. But, they're a bit unclear as to what you can watch, and when, and how to stream it to your TV.

        I live in Denver, so the Broncos games aren't a problem, but I'll miss RedZone when the Broncos aren't playing. We got Hulu + Live which also has all the local channels and NFL Network. Not sure RedZone is worth the price anymore, even though they offer it. Before we got the Hulu + Live option, the HD indoor antenna worked fantastic!

        Comment


        • #5
          For those with kids in college you can get the ticket for 120 bucks using their email. Works great just need a smart TV or tablet.

          Comment


          • #6
            I think they are trying to keep it mobile only so I would be shocked if they let you send it to a smart TV or laptop.

            I thought of buying it and checking it out as they pimp the extra camera angles but I drop so much on Sunday Ticket due to the way I am grandfathered in.

            I wish they would allow you to stream the ticket the way they let you stream everything else. Needing a satellite in the age of streaming is so stupid. I am hoping Prime shows them how to do it as you are supposed to be able to stream, rewind, and watch the games later this year every Thursday on Prime.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by KranzDictum View Post
              I think they are trying to keep it mobile only so I would be shocked if they let you send it to a smart TV or laptop.

              I thought of buying it and checking it out as they pimp the extra camera angles but I drop so much on Sunday Ticket due to the way I am grandfathered in.

              I wish they would allow you to stream the ticket the way they let you stream everything else. Needing a satellite in the age of streaming is so stupid. I am hoping Prime shows them how to do it as you are supposed to be able to stream, rewind, and watch the games later this year every Thursday on Prime.
              I tried it this weekend and it worked. Just not sure how stable the broadcast is. I have heard from other people using the app that the broadcast gets a little sketchy and sometimes requires restarts.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by cmhargrove View Post

                I tried it this weekend and it worked. Just not sure how stable the broadcast is. I have heard from other people using the app that the broadcast gets a little sketchy and sometimes requires restarts.
                I never have a problem with it on my iPad or TV's at home.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I just got notified that Directv just gave me The NFL Ticket Max for free. This is the 3rd year in a row they have done this, but this year it was automatic; I didn’t have to call & haggle with them.

                  If you have Directv, look into your account and see if there is a notification telling you about getting The Ticket for free. If not, just call them and ask for it.

                  This is supposed to be the last year they have it so they are giving it away to keep your business. They need to because they might be expecting a mass exodus after The Ticket goes away in 2023.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post
                    I just got notified that Directv just gave me The NFL Ticket Max for free. This is the 3rd year in a row they have done this, but this year it was automatic; I didn’t have to call & haggle with them.

                    If you have Directv, look into your account and see if there is a notification telling you about getting The Ticket for free. If not, just call them and ask for it.

                    This is supposed to be the last year they have it so they are giving it away to keep your business. They need to because they might be expecting a mass exodus after The Ticket goes away in 2023.
                    Oh it will be huge. I would bet 90 percent of the people I talk to all same the same thing. I have to have DTV for Ticket. They all hate it. I hope they go under. There service has sucked and they don't care because they new if you wanted it you had to go through them. Technically it's a monopoly and illegal. It's going to be just like when Cell phones came out. One of the best calls of my life was telling the Mountain bell to kiss my ass.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Just wait until it becomes pay per game to whatever streaming service owns the right to the game. Amazon showed how it is going 2 years ago.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by DD55 View Post
                        Just wait until it becomes pay per game to whatever streaming service owns the right to the game. Amazon showed how it is going 2 years ago.
                        All I need are the Bronco games so I wouldn't mind that, I don't mind checking out the other AFC west teams but there are a lot of times they are the same time as the Broncos so I can't watch them anyway.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by quoydogs View Post

                          Oh it will be huge. I would bet 90 percent of the people I talk to all same the same thing. I have to have DTV for Ticket. They all hate it. I hope they go under. There service has sucked and they don't care because they new if you wanted it you had to go through them. Technically it's a monopoly and illegal. It's going to be just like when Cell phones came out. One of the best calls of my life was telling the Mountain bell to kiss my ass.
                          I am in that 90%. I can't wait to take that dish off the side of the house and cut the Coax and get rid of the hulking DTV box.

                          Comment


                          • DD55
                            DD55 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You can do that. If you don't have a kid in college find one who is and you can get the ticket on smart TV or phone. You absolutely do not need DirectTv to get the ticket. I cut the cord years ago.

                        • #14
                          Originally posted by KranzDictum View Post

                          All I need are the Bronco games so I wouldn't mind that, I don't mind checking out the other AFC west teams but there are a lot of times they are the same time as the Broncos so I can't watch them anyway.
                          When the Broncos are not on, I watch all the other games at once with the 4 or 8 game split screen options that comes with The NFL Ticket on DTV. I think it is channel 701 and 702. I can have it on when I'm doing chores on Sunday.

                          I use this option way more than I do the Redzone. If there is some action I want to watch up close, then I just click on the thumbnail on the screen, and it takes me to that game. Pretty cool.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X