Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Screw politics ... trump is out of office I'm happy

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Screw politics ... trump is out of office I'm happy

    Screw politics

  • #2
    ...trump is out of office I'm happy
    Cause for celebration if there ever was one. 😎

    Comment


    • #3
      It’s interesting to begin looking back at Trumps tenure, now with quite a bit of time since removed. It’s worse.

      Comment


      • nyuknyuk
        nyuknyuk commented
        Editing a comment
        I know! All the collusion hoaxes and have switched to the coup hoax because the Democrats and their allies are oh so terribly buttsore! Rreeee!!

    • #4
      Originally posted by B-Large View Post
      It’s interesting to begin looking back at Trumps tenure, now with quite a bit of time since removed. It’s worse.
      It will always be remembered as the most embarrassing thing America ever did.

      Comment


      • #5
        Originally posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post

        It will always be remembered as the most embarrassing thing America ever did.
        Glad you found the new digs my friend… good to see you!

        I’m choosing to look at this as a lesson. We need a government that at least tries to work for everyone… Trump did us a favor, he gave us our first taste of how an ideologue can drive a wedge in the nations fissures, and exploit them in the most dangerous ways. We dodged a bullet and came out relatively unscathed, but that won’t be the case when there is a more effective Trump like figure.

        no idea where we go from here…

        Comment


        • #6
          Originally posted by B-Large View Post

          Glad you found the new digs my friend… good to see you!

          I’m choosing to look at this as a lesson. We need a government that at least tries to work for everyone… Trump did us a favor, he gave us our first taste of how an ideologue can drive a wedge in the nations fissures, and exploit them in the most dangerous ways. We dodged a bullet and came out relatively unscathed, but that won’t be the case when there is a more effective Trump like figure.

          no idea where we go from here…
          We haven't dodge a bullet. The craziness is still alive a cooking at the local/state and Congressional level. I fear for more competent Trump like candidate will be able to get "elected". People need to continue to press to ensure our democracy remains.

          Comment


          • #7
            It's disconcerting when any elected official openly muses about the possibility of violent overthrow of the established government -- the same government (s)he took an oath to defend.

            Comment


            • #8
              Originally posted by elsid13 View Post

              We haven't dodge a bullet. The craziness is still alive a cooking at the local/state and Congressional level. I fear for more competent Trump like candidate will be able to get "elected". People need to continue to press to ensure our democracy remains.
              Yep.

              And that "tRump-like candidate" doesn't even have to worry about such trifles as winning elections anymore - now that GOP-controlled legislatures in battleground states are crafting legislation which allows them to simply overrule their respective states' popular vote.

              We're enjoying a four-year reprieve at present, but full-on fascist, single party/minority rule is just on the horizon.

              Comment


              • #9
                Originally posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post

                It will always be remembered as the most embarrassing thing America ever did.
                Meh…only because of Twitter. Bone Spurs and Cigar Boy had a lot more in common, aside from impeachments, draft dodging and STDs.

                Comment


                • #10
                  Originally posted by Donkey View Post

                  Meh…only because of Twitter. Bone Spurs and Cigar Boy had a lot more in common, aside from impeachments, draft dodging and STDs.
                  One just might want to look at the deficit after each of them left office tho. Oh, that's right -- "Cigar Boy" left office with a surplus. Every Republican President in recent history has buried the country in debt.

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    Originally posted by Donkey View Post

                    Meh…only because of Twitter. Bone Spurs and Cigar Boy had a lot more in common, aside from impeachments, draft dodging and STDs.
                    1. The reasons WHY the two men were impeached couldn’t possibly be more different.

                    2. Clinton didn’t dodge the draft. He enlisted in the ROTC on the advice of his recruiter. He was later discharged from ROTC and, hence, exposed to the draft. Nixon subsequently instated the draft lottery, and Clinton’s number never came up.

                    Furthermore, Clinton, a Rhodes Scholar, was the type of student for whom college deferments were intended.

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      Originally posted by Blueflame View Post

                      One just might want to look at the deficit after each of them left office tho. Oh, that's right -- "Cigar Boy" left office with a surplus. Every Republican President in recent history has buried the country in debt.
                      Two sides; same coin - but you just keep on playing the matador…mmmkkk.

                      OLEY!

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	BrightEvilAoudad-max-1mb.gif
Views:	118
Size:	578.6 KB
ID:	1611

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        Originally posted by Donkey View Post

                        Two sides; same coin - but you just keep on playing the matador…mmmkkk.

                        OLEY!

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	BrightEvilAoudad-max-1mb.gif
Views:	118
Size:	578.6 KB
ID:	1611
                        Saying “both sides are the same” is just another way of saying “I haven’t really been following politics for the last 30 years.”

                        Comment


                        • #14
                          Originally posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post

                          Saying “both sides are the same” is just another way of saying “I haven’t really been following politics for the last 30 years.”
                          Oh, please enlighten me. I’d love to be educated by a brainwashed zealot on the nuances of WHY one law-breaker is somehow different. But I suppose you’ll also try to sway me on the differences between pussy-grabbing and ejaculating on an intern’s dress. #metoo

                          They’re both the same…I’ve just been paying attention for over 30 years.

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            Originally posted by Donkey View Post

                            Two sides; same coin - but you just keep on playing the matador…mmmkkk.

                            OLEY!

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	BrightEvilAoudad-max-1mb.gif
Views:	118
Size:	578.6 KB
ID:	1611
                            The point was that one party says they represent "fiscal responsibility" but that is not what they do. Hence your "both sides are the same" argument is quite weak.

                            Comment


                            • #16
                              Originally posted by Donkey View Post

                              Oh, please enlighten me. I’d love to be educated by a brainwashed zealot on the nuances of WHY one law-breaker is somehow different.


                              But I suppose you’ll also try to sway me on the differences between pussy-grabbing and ejaculating on an intern’s dress. #metoo
                              Really?

                              You don't understand the difference between (a) lying about a consensual sexual affair and (b) sexual assaulting ~22 women?

                              What's next? Are you going to attempt to draw a moral and/or legal equivalence between shoplifting a pack of chewing gum and bank robbery?

                              Yes, there's no doubt that you need that education.

                              Now, whether you can actually benefit from it or not is an open question...

                              Comment


                              • #17
                                Originally posted by Blueflame View Post

                                The point was that one party says they represent "fiscal responsibility" but that is not what they do. Hence your "both sides are the same" argument is quite weak.
                                Yep.

                                Similarly, that same party has traditionally attempted to portray itself as the "law and order" party, the party of "family values," etc.

                                The tRump experience and 1/6/2021 forever dispelled that illusion.

                                Comment


                                • #18
                                  Any appeal to logic or to basic morality is wasted on the red hat-wearing "alternative facts" crowd.

                                  I guess this should be readily apparent when lying about a consensual sexual affair is an impeachable offense but lying about the reasons for starting a war, leveraging a political ally for damaging intel on a political opponent and inciting an insurrection against the United States are all perfectly acceptable.

                                  Comment


                                  • #19
                                    Originally posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post

                                    Really?

                                    You don't understand the difference between (a) lying about a consensual sexual affair and (b) sexual assaulting ~22 women?

                                    What's next? Are you going to attempt to draw a moral and/or legal equivalence between shoplifting a pack of chewing gum and bank robbery?

                                    Yes, there's no doubt that you need that education.

                                    Now, whether you can actually benefit from it or not is an open question...
                                    That’s quite the leap you made. Neither example stole bubble gum and neither committed robbery, but both were commanders in chief, in charge of our executive branch of government and broke the law. And both dems and reps suck. I just see it, unlike you two dem cheerleaders!

                                    Education on quid pro quo sexual harassment would certainly benefit you, but I doubt you could read with your blinders on.

                                    Comment


                                    • #20
                                      Originally posted by Donkey View Post

                                      That’s quite the leap you made. Neither example stole bubble gum and neither committed robbery, but both were commanders in chief, in charge of our executive branch of government and broke the law. And both dems and reps suck. I just see it, unlike you two dem cheerleaders!

                                      Education on quid pro quo sexual harassment would certainly benefit you, but I doubt you could read with your blinders on.
                                      You don't do analogies, I take it?

                                      At any rate, just as I feared - you can't seem to grasp the difference between a consensual sexual affair and sexual assault.

                                      Hint: One of these is not a crime.

                                      I'd try to help you further in making such moral and legal distinctions, but, I'm afraid this would require a functioning moral compass and a basic understanding of our legal system on your part.

                                      Comment


                                      • #21
                                        Originally posted by Donkey View Post

                                        That’s quite the leap you made. Neither example stole bubble gum and neither committed robbery, but both were commanders in chief, in charge of our executive branch of government and broke the law. And both dems and reps suck. I just see it, unlike you two dem cheerleaders!

                                        Education on quid pro quo sexual harassment would certainly benefit you, but I doubt you could read with your blinders on.
                                        All career politicians suck. Rep, Dem, Green, Independent -- none of them gives one fig what their constituents want or need. One single two-year Congressional term and they've got it made for the rest of their lives -- pension, healthcare -- the best of everything.

                                        Nonetheless, they are not the same. There are degrees of incompetence/corruption that are absolutely not comparable.

                                        Comment


                                        • #22
                                          Originally posted by elsid13 View Post

                                          We haven't dodge a bullet. The craziness is still alive a cooking at the local/state and Congressional level. I fear for more competent Trump like candidate will be able to get "elected". People need to continue to press to ensure our democracy remains.
                                          dodged a bullet in the sense Trump was unfocused and incompetent… had he been engaged, we might have been in trouble

                                          Comment


                                          • #23
                                            Originally posted by Blueflame View Post

                                            All career politicians suck. Rep, Dem, Green, Independent -- none of them gives one fig what their constituents want or need. One single two-year Congressional term and they've got it made for the rest of their lives -- pension, healthcare -- the best of everything.

                                            Nonetheless, they are not the same. There are degrees of incompetence/corruption that are absolutely not comparable.
                                            Yep.

                                            A consensual sexual affair =/= sexual assault.

                                            Just another pathetic whataboutism the intention of which is to excuse/provide cover for tRump's crimes.

                                            Comment


                                            • #24
                                              Oh blow it out your ass…especially with trying to lecture me on morality while excusing taking advantage of an intern. She was impressionable and preyed upon…then he perjured himself (which is a crime, even it is just stealing bubble gum in your book - did that pass your lame analogy exam?). The defense that the boss had consensual sex with his employee has saved how many jobs? Oh, but it’s not illegal. I think you have officially caught your own tail.

                                              Thanks for agreeing with my weak argument Bluey…they are ALL the same and ALL suck.

                                              Now back to your cow towing circle jerk.

                                              Comment


                                              • #25
                                                While I agreed that they all suck, my contention is that politicians were not (and are not) all the same.

                                                None of them "work for" their consitutents; they work for special interests who pay them.

                                                Some politicians are more incompetent than others.

                                                Some politicians are far more corrupt than others.

                                                They're all individuals and no two individuals are "ALL the same".

                                                Haven't towed any cows lately.

                                                Comment

                                                Working...
                                                X