Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if Stafford was here?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What if Stafford was here?

    Rams are SB favorites even in a talent heavy NFC….


    Stafford showing what happens when he’s with good coaching/organization…the guy is beasting.



    so looking back, Was it really Jeudy they didn’t want to get rid of? It would be insane to think they didn’t want to get rid of Lock….Lions didn’t like Lock? Too much draft capital to give up for Paton?


    the trade that could’ve been….even with Shurmur and Fangio what’s the record of this team today had Stafford started all the games?




  • #2
    Irrelevant. Stafford would have been slaughtered behind this offensive line.

    Comment


    • #3
      There were way too many conflicting reports to know what Denver actually offered for Stafford.

      When Stafford was on the MNF broadcast with Peyton and Eli, he made it seem like the Rams were the destination he preferred, with the 49ers being the second team very active in the mix. When 49ers failed to get Stafford, they made the move to #3 to end up getting Lance.

      Don't really think Stafford to Denver got serious traction.

      Comment


      • #4
        With Stafford, we would be competing for Playoff's. Starting TB and expecting results is foolish.
        This season is done before it began.

        Comment


        • #5
          With Stafford, we still would have had a clueless coaching staff, a below average offensive line, and a defense hampered by injuries and head scratching mental lapses. Stafford has shown during his time in Detroit that he can put up respectable numbers in those situations, but not really get them to the playoffs.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Old Dude View Post
            Irrelevant. Stafford would have been slaughtered behind this offensive line.
            This.

            We would have looked a lot like Detroit when Stafford was there. Competitive in each game that we were narrowly losing.
            It wasn't going to happen, and with this staff it wouldn't have mattered.

            I'll miss Fangio's defense, but Shurmur can go kick rocks.

            Comment


            • #7
              Before week 1 everyone was saying how talented this team was. How it only needed a QB…..


              so wouldn’t that mean Stafford would’ve played great behind such a talented roster?



              or was everyone wrong in thinking this was even a playoff type roster….


              IMO Stafford beats the Browns and Raiders even with all the injuries….Keenum doesn’t beat Stafford.


              Just playing the what if it could’ve been 6-2 despite bad coaching..

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by The1percentKid View Post
                Before week 1 everyone was saying how talented this team was. How it only needed a QB…..


                so wouldn’t that mean Stafford would’ve played great behind such a talented roster?



                or was everyone wrong in thinking this was even a playoff type roster….


                IMO Stafford beats the Browns and Raiders even with all the injuries….Keenum doesn’t beat Stafford.


                Just playing the what if it could’ve been 6-2 despite bad coaching..
                I don't think anyone here will argue that Stafford would have been our #1 choice for a QB - that's not the issue.
                McVay knows how to use him and teach him an effective offense - Shurmur can't and doesn't.

                Not much creativity on offense in Denver, and no scheming a way around our shortcomings. That's excatly what a good coach/coordinator should be able to accomplish.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by cmhargrove View Post

                  I don't think anyone here will argue that Stafford would have been our #1 choice for a QB - that's not the issue.
                  McVay knows how to use him and teach him an effective offense - Shurmur can't and doesn't.

                  Not much creativity on offense in Denver, and no scheming a way around our shortcomings. That's excatly what a good coach/coordinator should be able to accomplish.

                  could be. I don’t like Shurmur like most of us But the plays that were called would’ve been executed by Stafford better than Teddy in those 2 games. For one Raiders and Browns aren’t putting 11 in the box daring them to throw with stafford in there.

                  it wouldn’t have taken much to win those games especially the Browns game.



                  It’s going to be hard to get a QB if they hit the 5 win mark(which likely happens).

                  which means it’s Matt Ryan….Cousins…Jimmy G…journeyman QB….tier. At this point in their careers that’s ugly. Rodgers will be out of the picture IMO and Watson is going to Miami when all said and done.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by The1percentKid View Post
                    Rams are SB favorites even in a talent heavy NFC….


                    Stafford showing what happens when he’s with good coaching/organization…the guy is beasting.



                    so looking back, Was it really Jeudy they didn’t want to get rid of? It would be insane to think they didn’t want to get rid of Lock….Lions didn’t like Lock? Too much draft capital to give up for Paton?


                    the trade that could’ve been….even with Shurmur and Fangio what’s the record of this team today had Stafford started all the games?


                    Just what it is.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Old Dude View Post
                      Irrelevant. Stafford would have been slaughtered behind this offensive line.
                      Have you actually looked at LA's offense line? Denver's is actually better.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        So many posters here were massively against Stafford, “We have Lock!” they exclaimed, “he’s just as good and younger!”

                        Now that Stafford is playing at an MVP level, and they were horribly wrong about Stafford, the narrative changes. “He would’ve sucked here, we’re the Lions!”, ummm sure….

                        Gotta love the Mane takes.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Stafford was NEVER coming here. He wanted to be in LA with Sean McVay, and McVay wanted him there.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            6-2 with Stafford seems realistic. Opponents would not be stacking the box as much and this would open up the running game. Oline would look better in front of a quarterback that recognizes defenses and gets the ball out quicker. I think Broncos beat Pittsburgh and Cleveland with better quarterback play.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BroncoJoe View Post
                              Stafford was NEVER coming here. He wanted to be in LA with Sean McVay, and McVay wanted him there.
                              This isn’t true, Broncos made a low-ball offer, Lions countered, Broncos turned it down and they went to Rams offer. This was all well documented. The Broncos offered the #9 pick for Stafford and the Lions 2nd. Had they made a real offer Stafford would be here.

                              https://www.mlive.com/lions/2021/04/...outputType=amp

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                I don't think a QB saves these coaches. Incompetence throughout the entire organization.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by Tangerine View Post

                                  This isn’t true, Broncos made a low-ball offer, Lions countered, Broncos turned it down and they went to Rams offer. This was all well documented. The Broncos offered the #9 pick for Stafford and the Lions 2nd. Had they made a real offer Stafford would be here.

                                  https://www.mlive.com/lions/2021/04/...outputType=amp
                                  The Panthers made a strong enough offer but Stafford nixed the trade because he and his family made it clear he wanted the Rams.

                                  https://www.nfl.com/news/matthew-sta...-striking-deal

                                  When then-Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford started the process of seeking a new team, he spotlighted three top options -- the Los Angeles Rams, the Indianapolis Colts and the San Francisco 49ers. Sources say those were his initial choices, though Stafford kept an open mind.

                                  Yet, in late January, one team jumped to the forefront -- the Carolina Panthers. They were aggressive. Sources said they actually neared a deal by the time they left the Senior Bowl. Several people involved thought they would be the winner of the Stafford sweepstakes.

                                  Sources say that's when Stafford -- who makes his first start for the Rams on Sunday night versus the Bears -- stepped in. After consulting with his family, he made clear that he wanted to go to the Rams and so did his family. Stafford made his voice heard, and the Lions brass listened.

                                  Suddenly, the Panthers -- despite offering a prime first-round pick and Teddy Bridgewater -- were out.
                                  So, even if Paton had made a stronger offer like the Panthers, what makes you think Stafford also would not have nixed the Broncos trade since he wanted to go to the Rams? The only way to get Stafford would have involved a massive offer to leave all the other teams far behind, leaving the Lions no option, and still convince Stafford to be nice and accept the Broncos without becoming malcontent.

                                  The idea that a 'real' offer would have made Stafford a Bronco is not true at all, that's just making stuff up.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by Tangerine View Post

                                    This isn’t true, Broncos made a low-ball offer, Lions countered, Broncos turned it down and they went to Rams offer. This was all well documented. The Broncos offered the #9 pick for Stafford and the Lions 2nd. Had they made a real offer Stafford would be here.

                                    https://www.mlive.com/lions/2021/04/...outputType=amp
                                    Yep pretty sure Lions would’ve rather seen him go to the AFC as well. I do think they believed Goff >>>> Lock so that helped a little. I thought I remember they wanted Jeudy and Broncos said no to that. Lots of different stories but no doubt they had talks. Broncos probably wanted to keep the draft picks

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      With Stafford, Shurmur would still be dialing up long ball plays that take 3.5 seconds to develop while the line gives him 2 seconds. Fant would still be whiffing on run blocks. Special teams would still be allowing massive returns at least once a game. The defense would still look like they overslept 2 hours and were showing up to the first quarter in their jammies. This coaching staff should drawn and quartered.

                                      Comment

                                      Working...
                                      X