Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade for Russell Wilson

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Trade for Russell Wilson

    In the offseason that is
    Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson might be available this offseason, and the Denver Broncos should do everything it takes to acquire his services.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Shellback88 View Post
    In the offseason that is
    I wish but it won't happen.

    Comment


    • #3
      Albright threw out a Wilson tweet earlier this month

      tweet was something like “what would you all think next year of a “wilson daboll “ combo?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Johnykbr View Post

        I wish but it won't happen.
        That would be agreeable to me. At 33 you should at least get 5+ years. Great player & leader. No baggage.

        Comment


        • #5
          The best possible pipe dream.


          unfortunately Seattle would get rid of Carroll before Wilson IMO. Carroll doesn’t have enough time to start all over with a rookie QB and he’s not going the vet route cause that’s only bad QBs.

          If they did trade Wilson it would be for Rodgers.

          Comment


          • #6

            Comment


            • #7
              Osweiler over Wilson. Another brilliant Elway draft.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by qbronco View Post
                Osweiler over Wilson. Another brilliant Elway draft.
                Brock is probably still better than Lock.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by OmegaBronco View Post

                  Brock is probably still better than Lock.
                  Elway could not draft a decent quarterback. Hopefully, we will get a chance to see if Paton can.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by qbronco View Post

                    Elway could not draft a decent quarterback. Hopefully, we will get a chance to see if Paton can.
                    Let's hope he's not soft. That's been one of our problems. Not dumping Von and keeping Shaq was a soft move.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by OmegaBronco View Post

                      Let's hope he's not soft. That's been one of our problems. Not dumping Von and keeping Shaq was a soft move.
                      Could have kept Shaq and drafted Josh Allen

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        ...I was looking around to see if there was a "Welcome to Denver Russell Wilson" thread (apparently there is not one) and found this gem.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post
                          ...I was looking around to see if there was a "Welcome to Denver Russell Wilson" thread (apparently there is not one) and found this gem.
                          Nice find. Pipe Dream, bwahaha

                          I still haven't given up & expect a better performance at QB this season.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post
                            ...I was looking around to see if there was a "Welcome to Denver Russell Wilson" thread (apparently there is not one) and found this gem.
                            The world loves a redemption story, and Wilson is the kind of guy that is honestly concerned about his legacy. IMO, he’s going to have a really good season this year with Payton as HC. He should end the season statistically in the top 10 QB range. Not sure if that’s QBR, TDs, or what statistic that is - but I expect a big turnaround.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Somebody was 0% (0-3) on their comments in this thread. This is why message board poster's aren't in NFL Front Office's.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Originally posted by cmhargrove View Post
                                The world loves a redemption story, and Wilson is the kind of guy that is honestly concerned about his legacy. IMO, he’s going to have a really good season this year with Payton as HC. He should end the season statistically in the top 10 QB range. Not sure if that’s QBR, TDs, or what statistic that is - but I expect a big turnaround.
                                It's more simple, plain logic than redemption. RW had a solid, extremely consistent 10-year record as an NFL quarterback. His one-year fall from grace was a steep fall, but to think it portends another year at that level is illogical. What makes sense, especially with the contrast in head coaches, is that he'll rebound and perform much closer to his 10-year long habitual record than his one-year fall record. It's just logical.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by BroncoBuff View Post

                                  It's more simple, plain logic than redemption. RW had a solid, extremely consistent 10-year record as an NFL quarterback. His one-year fall from grace was a steep fall, but to think it portends another year at that level is illogical. What makes sense, especially with the contrast in head coaches, is that he'll rebound and perform much closer to his 10-year long habitual record than his one-year fall record. It's just logical.
                                  10 wins in his last 30 games would seem to indicate more than a one-year fall from grace.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by RockyMountainOyster View Post

                                    10 wins in his last 30 games would seem to indicate more than a one-year fall from grace.
                                    He had a broken finger on a crummy team in 2021 & there were a lot of changes he had to adjust to after trade, including an idiot Head Coach.

                                    Hoping for a nice turnaround in 2023.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by RockyOyster
                                      10 wins in his last 30 games would seem to indicate more than a one-year fall from grace.
                                      Man you SO angry! Such trauma you must have experienced during your "junior chef booster" years! 😂 But I did a little research, and now I understand why: (In a 16-year stretch from the mid 70s through 1988, while the Broncos were going to FOUR Super Bowls, the chefs managed just two winning seasons. Yup, 2 winning seasons in 16, while watching the Broncos go to four Super Bowls. So let's everybody lay off these chefs people, they've lived through enough trauma).

                                      Yes oysters, of course we all know he's won 10 of (not his last 30, you're fudging the numbers again!) ... he's won 10 of his last 29. That's all we've been talking about for over a year now! But we also know he won 98 of his previous 142 games for a winning percentage of about 70%.

                                      AND .... He was elected by his fellow players to the "NFL's Top 100 Players" every year since his rookie year - INCLUDING 2022!! And in fact, he's finished in the Top 25 of the Top 100 eight of ten times, #51 his second season, and #61 his first year in Denver.

                                      Soooo.... logic dictates he will return!

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by cousinal11
                                        ...... including an idiot Head Coach.
                                        Thanks cousinal, I forgot that part.

                                        Sorry Mr. Oysters 🥴

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          Originally posted by BroncoBuff View Post

                                          Man you SO angry! Such trauma you must have experienced during your "junior chef booster" years! 😂 But I did a little research, and now I understand why: (In a 16-year stretch from the mid 70s through 1988, while the Broncos were going to FOUR Super Bowls, the chefs managed just two winning seasons. Yup, 2 winning seasons in 16, while watching the Broncos go to four Super Bowls. So let's everybody lay off these chefs people, they've lived through enough trauma).

                                          Yes oysters, of course we all know he's won 10 of (not his last 30, you're fudging the numbers again!) ... he's won 10 of his last 29. That's all we've been talking about for over a year now! But we also know he won 98 of his previous 142 games for a winning percentage of about 70%.

                                          AND .... He was elected by his fellow players to the "NFL's Top 100 Players" every year since his rookie year - INCLUDING 2022!! And in fact, he's finished in the Top 25 of the Top 100 eight of ten times, #51 his second season, and #61 his first year in Denver.

                                          Soooo.... logic dictates he will return!
                                          LOL. I’m fairly sure that an unbiased observer would agree that your responses seem “angrier” than the posts you’re responding to. Btw, I can assure you I wasn’t traumatized by the Chiefs’ lack of success in the late 70s/80s, seeing as I was born in the mid-80s.

                                          You say “of course we all know about the record” and yet you claim that he was consistently great for 10 years. Both cannot be true. And yes it’s 10 of 30. He lost in the playoffs after the 2020 season.

                                          I don’t doubt that Wilson can improve on last season, especially with a better HC, but he HAS lost athleticism and mobility (as Florio and others had pointed out for a few years). He’s in his mid-30s. Logic doesn’t dictate that he’ll return to the level of play he had in his 20s. Just look at his body compared to 10 years ago. He also has some glaring issues that have always been present, such as an inability to see over his OL and hitting receivers across the middle of the field. People claimed that Pete Carroll held Wilson back, but he utilized him perfectly. The one time he decided to give in and “Let Russ cook” worked well for half a season, until defenses adjusted with two high safeties and he turned into a turnover machine. Then Carroll reined him back in. From what I’ve heard, Payton is installing a run-first offense this year, which would be telling, because that’s not his style. It’s also not a typical strategy after mortgaging the future for a QB and handing him a huge contract.


                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            Originally posted by RockyMountainOyster View Post
                                            From what I’ve heard, Payton is installing a run-first offense this year, which would be telling, because that’s not his style.
                                            I guess you didn't watch the Saints much as I'd be willing to bet they had a Top 5 running team more than anyone during his Saints tenure.

                                            Deuce McCallister, Reggie Bush, Darren Sproles, Mark Ingram, Alvin Kamara & their 2nd backs like Chris Ivory, Mike Bell, Latavius Murray all performed very well.

                                            Passing is easier when the run game is going & play action QB's excel.

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              There were only four times in Payton's career with the Saints where New Orleans was Top 10 in total rushing attempts and yards per attempt. However, there were 11 seasons where they were Top 10 (and many of them were Top 5-7) in rushing touchdowns. The bread and butter to Payton's running game is interior power with G-C-G combos. And his teams have been extremely effective over the years with that.

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                I think Sean Payton was the correct hire. That said, Denver traded for Russel, paid him the infamous contract extension....and Sean is now loading up on dudes to run his system, which as you point out, is run oriented, and the signings are indicative of that.

                                                Given that Peyton is consuming resources and setting things up to run his system (as he should) ....I wonder if his selling point to ownership to be hired, had alot to do with convincing them that the QB Wilson, didn't matter that much and that Peyton could make this go with a decent QB like Stidham anyhow.

                                                I'm inclined to think that Sean told the owners that the QB wasn't the main problem in Denver, but that the former coach, the system, and the roster ALL had more to do with Denvers failures than Russel Wilson did. I think Peyton sold them on building a system that didnt rely on Russ improving or not.....while of course hoping that best case, Russ performs well.

                                                Comment


                                                • #25

                                                  Comment

                                                  Working...
                                                  X