Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official - Walton to buy Broncos

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Official - Walton to buy Broncos


  • #2

    Comment


  • #3

    Comment


    • #4
      Melody Hobson from what I can tell is married to George Lucas. Let's see if Peyton gets a piece of ownership too (reports are he was approached).

      Comment


      • The1percentKid
        The1percentKid commented
        Editing a comment
        No doubt in my mind Manning will jump aboard in some fashion. Not sure about Elway.

    • #5
      Best ****ing news !!!!!

      far out man. Far ****ing out.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_ntkhy2w9oF1qlartlo1_400.gifv.gif
Views:	705
Size:	4.18 MB
ID:	102527

      Comment


      • #6
        The Walmart broncos

        I like it
        cash flow shouldn’t be an issue anymore. Sign Wilson to a big deal with $500 million signing bonus

        Comment


        • #7
          Brittany Bowlen is a good person and gets a nice cash settlement along with her sibs, but the Broncos are much better off being owned by Walton than the cash strapped Bowlen heirs.

          Comment


          • #8
            Originally posted by titan View Post
            Melody Hobson from what I can tell is married to George Lucas. Let's see if Peyton gets a piece of ownership too (reports are he was approached).
            Wow. Good job, George. She's a cutie.

            Comment


            • #9
              I've never met Colin Kaepernick, but he's a hero of mine. I'm in awe that he took it upon himself to publicly promote the American values of life and liberty that we all cherish. ~ Melody Hobson

              Comment


              • #10
                Originally posted by 76er View Post
                I've never met Colin Kaepernick, but he's a hero of mine. I'm in awe that he took it upon himself to publicly promote the American values of life and liberty that we all cherish. ~ Melody Hobson
                So Roh can’t be pissed about mean ole Walton! Hobsons lean isn’t a secret. But this is the main forum. Start that thread in PR.

                Comment


                • #11
                  Anyone know what role the son in law, Penner, is going to have? Is he going to do all the work, while the old man just signs all the checks? Curious about this arrangement.

                  Comment


                  • #12
                    Richest Owners in the NFL

                    1. Rob Walton, Broncos: $62.0 billion (18th-richest person in the world)
                    2. David Tepper, Panthers: $16.7 billion (103rd-richest person in the world)
                    3. Stan Kroenke, Rams: $10.7 billion
                    4. Jerry Jones, Cowboys: $10.6 billion
                    5. Robert Kraft, Patriots: $8.3 billion
                    6. Stephen Ross, Dolphins: $8.2 billion
                    7. Shahid Khan, Jaguars: $7.6 billion
                    8. Arthur Blank, Falcons $7.1 billion
                    9. Stephen Bisciotti, Ravens: $5.9 billion
                    10. Terry Pegula, Bills: $5.8 billion
                    11. Woody Johnson, Jets: $5.6 billion
                    12. Janice McNair, Texans: $4.2 billion
                    T-13. Dan Snyder, Commanders: $4 billion
                    T-13 Denise York, 49ers: $4 billion
                    T-15. Gayle Benson, Saints $3.8 billion
                    T-15. Jimmy Haslam, Browns: $3.8 billion
                    T-17. Jim Irsay, Colts: $3.5 billion
                    T-17. Jeff Lurie, Eagles: $3.5 billion
                    19. Clark Hunt, Chiefs: $2.0 billion
                    T-20. Virginia Halas McCaskey, Bears: $1.7 billion
                    T-20. John Mara and Steve Tisch, Giants: $1.7 billion combined
                    22. Sheila Ford Hamp, Lions: $1.6 billion
                    23. Michael Bidwell, Cardinals: $1.4 billion
                    T-24. Amy Adams Strunk, Titans: $1.3 billion
                    T-24. Zygi Wilf, Vikings: $1.3 billion
                    26. Art Rooney, Steelers: $1.2 billion
                    27. Mike Brown, Bengals: $1.1 billion
                    T-28. Joel Glazer, Buccaneers: $1.0 billion (but Glazer family is worth $4.7 billion combined)
                    T-28. Carol and Mark Davis, Raiders: $1.0 billion combined
                    T-28. Alex Spanos, Chargers: $1.0 billion
                    N/A. The Paul Allen Trust, Seahawks (trustee Jody Allen is worth $20.3 billion)
                    N/A. Green Bay Packers Inc.: (reserve fund of approximately $400 million)
                    Last edited by BowlenBall; 06-08-2022, 01:38 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #13
                      Originally posted by BowlenBall View Post
                      Richest Owners in the NFL

                      1. Rob Walton, Broncos: $62.0 billion (18th-richest person in the world)
                      2. David Tepper, Panthers: $16.7 billion (103rd-richest person in the world)
                      3. Stan Kroenke, Rams: $10.7 billion
                      4. Jerry Jones, Cowboys: $10.6 billion
                      5. Robert Kraft, Patriots: $8.3 billion
                      6. Stephen Ross, Dolphins: $8.2 billion
                      7. Shahid Khan, Jaguars: $7.6 billion
                      8. Arthur Blank, Falcons $7.1 billion
                      9. Stephen Bisciotti, Ravens: $5.9 billion
                      10. Terry Pegula, Bills: $5.8 billion
                      11. Woody Johnson, Jets: $5.6 billion
                      12. Janice McNair, Texans: $4.2 billion
                      T-13. Dan Snyder, Commanders: $4 billion
                      T-13 Denise York, 49ers: $4 billion
                      T-15. Gayle Benson, Saints $3.8 billion
                      T-15. Jimmy Haslam, Browns: $3.8 billion
                      T-17. Jim Irsay, Colts: $3.5 billion
                      T-17. Jeff Lurie, Eagles: $3.5 billion
                      19. Clark Hunt, Chiefs: $2.0 billion
                      T-20. Virginia Halas McCaskey, Bears: $1.7 billion
                      T-20. John Mara and Steve Tisch, Giants: $1.7 billion combined
                      22. Sheila Ford Hamp, Lions: $1.6 billion
                      23. Michael Bidwell, Cardinals: $1.4 billion
                      T-24. Amy Adams Strunk, Titans: $1.3 billion
                      T-24. Zygi Wilf, Vikings: $1.3 billion
                      26. Art Rooney, Steelers: $1.2 billion
                      27. Mike Brown, Bengals: $1.1 billion
                      T-28. Joel Glazer, Buccaneers: $1.0 billion (but Glazer family is worth $4.7 billion combined)
                      T-28. Carol and Mark Davis, Raiders: $1.0 billion combined
                      T-28. Spanos, Chargers: $1.0 billion
                      N/A. The Paul Allen Trust, Seahawks (trustee Jody Allen is worth $20.3 billion)
                      N/A. Green Bay Packers Inc.: (reserve fund of approximately $400 million)
                      Damn
                      No.1 by a mile. Let’s hope it leads to good things

                      Comment


                      • #14
                        The heir to the Hunt oil fortune worth only a measly two billion today? Sad!

                        Comment


                        • #15
                          About time.

                          Comment


                          • #16
                            Awesome news...

                            Comment


                            • #17
                              Let’s hope he stacks the C-suite with competent people and has a better succession plan. Money for the Broncos should never be an issue now.

                              Comment


                              • #18
                                Originally posted by go_broncos View Post
                                Awesome news...
                                I felt okay about it until I saw this post.

                                Comment


                                • #19
                                  This is perfect.
                                  Broncos will be the shining toy of the richest owner in the NFL.

                                  No worries about bonuses and Cap juggling for the Broncos anymore.

                                  Watch Walton isn't a fool. He will grow the business and that means investing in it. But money returns will be less important than it being a "we own the best team in the NFL" bragging rights situation. Billionaire's need something to make them interesting to other people with money. Being able to brag on a team or stadium is something more than money. Being connected to history is something more than money. Only people that have to worry about money have that as a center. Wealthy people want to be remembered and loved for what they do not their cash. This is one of those "I'm more than just rich" "this is what I do" type things.
                                  Rich people were poor or will be poor again someday and carry a burden that money is the goal of life. But wealthy people have money and won't ever be poor. They tend to find reasons to live that are totally not about money. Walton started out rich. He had reached the understanding a while back that he is wealthy. Welcome to being a shiny toy again. This time for the cashiest kid in school.

                                  Comment


                                  • 76er
                                    76er commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Agree with all of this.

                                • #20
                                  if he really wants to win we should still be able to sign Russell long term and attract top FAs with hefty signing bonuses.

                                  remember 2014.

                                  Comment


                                  • #21

                                    Having an owner willing to spend money on the team is a huge advantage. There is no salary cap on coaching staff, medical staff, and general support staff. Hopefully we can expect investments in training facilities, and just general amenities which will make the franchise that much more appealing to free agents.

                                    Also, Mile High is due for some renovations. Would love to see the Waltons put some money into upgrading the stadium with the best Wireless network in all of Sports, upgrade the stadium big screen, and make several other improvements to the fan experience.

                                    Comment


                                    • #22
                                      Isn’t a stadium a really good investment?

                                      Per game in ticket sales alone it should generate 21mm. And apparently confessions and suites are the real money makers too.

                                      And if he can get concerts and the like to rent the stadium for a night it seems good.

                                      I read the average stadium makes 145mm per year.

                                      Comment


                                      • #23
                                        Originally posted by BowlenBall View Post
                                        Richest Owners in the NFL

                                        1. Rob Walton, Broncos: $62.0 billion (18th-richest person in the world)
                                        2. David Tepper, Panthers: $16.7 billion (103rd-richest person in the world)
                                        3. Stan Kroenke, Rams: $10.7 billion
                                        4. Jerry Jones, Cowboys: $10.6 billion
                                        5. Robert Kraft, Patriots: $8.3 billion
                                        6. Stephen Ross, Dolphins: $8.2 billion
                                        7. Shahid Khan, Jaguars: $7.6 billion
                                        8. Arthur Blank, Falcons $7.1 billion
                                        9. Stephen Bisciotti, Ravens: $5.9 billion
                                        10. Terry Pegula, Bills: $5.8 billion
                                        11. Woody Johnson, Jets: $5.6 billion
                                        12. Janice McNair, Texans: $4.2 billion
                                        T-13. Dan Snyder, Commanders: $4 billion
                                        T-13 Denise York, 49ers: $4 billion
                                        T-15. Gayle Benson, Saints $3.8 billion
                                        T-15. Jimmy Haslam, Browns: $3.8 billion
                                        T-17. Jim Irsay, Colts: $3.5 billion
                                        T-17. Jeff Lurie, Eagles: $3.5 billion
                                        19. Clark Hunt, Chiefs: $2.0 billion
                                        T-20. Virginia Halas McCaskey, Bears: $1.7 billion
                                        T-20. John Mara and Steve Tisch, Giants: $1.7 billion combined
                                        22. Sheila Ford Hamp, Lions: $1.6 billion
                                        23. Michael Bidwell, Cardinals: $1.4 billion
                                        T-24. Amy Adams Strunk, Titans: $1.3 billion
                                        T-24. Zygi Wilf, Vikings: $1.3 billion
                                        26. Art Rooney, Steelers: $1.2 billion
                                        27. Mike Brown, Bengals: $1.1 billion
                                        T-28. Joel Glazer, Buccaneers: $1.0 billion (but Glazer family is worth $4.7 billion combined)
                                        T-28. Carol and Mark Davis, Raiders: $1.0 billion combined
                                        T-28. Alex Spanos, Chargers: $1.0 billion
                                        N/A. The Paul Allen Trust, Seahawks (trustee Jody Allen is worth $20.3 billion)
                                        N/A. Green Bay Packers Inc.: (reserve fund of approximately $400 million)
                                        I mean it’s not even close.


                                        this puts the Broncos at the highest opportunity in the league to be competitive/exposure/national attention/etc.

                                        If a new stadium is in the plans, it doesn’t go the tax measure route. This list shows which teams need taxpayer help, and which team(singular) doesn’t.

                                        Comment


                                        • #24
                                          Originally posted by The1percentKid View Post

                                          I mean it’s not even close.


                                          this puts the Broncos at the highest opportunity in the league to be competitive/exposure/national attention/etc.

                                          If a new stadium is in the plans, it doesn’t go the tax measure route. This list shows which teams need taxpayer help, and which team(singular) doesn’t.
                                          He has as much net worth as the next 7 owners combined...

                                          Comment


                                          • #25
                                            Watch him come in an be a penny-wiser. That would be hilarious.

                                            Comment

                                            Working...
                                            X