Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$900 Million Officially Slips Through John Elway's Fingers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • $900 Million Officially Slips Through John Elway's Fingers

    John Elway's family may want to give him a bit of space for the next few days/weeks/months. It's not every day that you see $900 million slip through your fingers.

  • #2
    Given his estimated net worth remains over $150 million, with an estimated annual salary of $12 million, I think he will find a way to soldier on in the face of this adversity.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by v2micca View Post
      Given his estimated net worth remains over $150 million, with an estimated annual salary of $12 million, I think he will find a way to soldier on in the face of this adversity.
      Not sure about that.

      When you are rich…..this kind of thing stings even more.


      it’s similar to a millionaire crying about a 30 dollar laundry charge. One reason people are rich is because of this trait.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by The1percentKid View Post

        Not sure about that.

        When you are rich…..this kind of thing stings even more.


        it’s similar to a millionaire crying about a 30 dollar laundry charge. One reason people are rich is because of this trait.

        Indeed, the plight of the poor multi-millionaire who misses his chance at becoming a billionaire remains one of the greatest tragedies of our era. Respect for these brave souls that can faces such soul-crushing adversity and find a way to keep moving forward.

        Comment


        • #5
          Excessive drinking could effect your financial future.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by OBF1 View Post
            Excessive drinking could effect your financial future.
            Amen.

            Comment


            • #7
              John really looks terrible.

              Comment


              • #8

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Aztec Bronco View Post
                  John really looks terrible.
                  I mean, he looks like a 62 year old man who made his living doing a job that was extremely taxing on his body, and likely self medicated with alcohol. Honestly, I prefer him looking this way instead of getting a bunch of botox injections to grant the illusion of youth.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I thought I saw it posted on the Mane that he was a smoker. Plus out here in the sun.

                    Comment


                    • #11


                      Yah, that was just a bone headed move by Elway. Seriously, that was just an dumb, dumb, dumb... Bowlen was giving Elway a money tree bonanza plus a way out of the deal and an additional $5m in cash.

                      Wow, just wow. Now the team has sold for $4.5billion and if Elway had taken the Bowlen deal he'd be sitting on $900m...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by v2micca View Post

                        I mean, he looks like a 62 year old man who made his living doing a job that was extremely taxing on his body, and likely self medicated with alcohol. Honestly, I prefer him looking this way instead of getting a bunch of botox injections to grant the illusion of youth.
                        He also drinks and smokes. Allegedly heavily.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post

                          Yah, that was just a bone headed move by Elway. Seriously, that was just an dumb, dumb, dumb... Bowlen was giving Elway a money tree bonanza plus a way out of the deal and an additional $5m in cash.

                          Wow, just wow. Now the team has sold for $4.5billion and if Elway had taken the Bowlen deal he'd be sitting on $900m...
                          But I thought the NFL blocked him because they wouldn't allow a player to be an owner.
                          that's always how I heard it told.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Old Coyote View Post

                            But I thought the NFL blocked him because they wouldn't allow a player to be an owner.
                            that's always how I heard it told.
                            The article doesn't mention anything about that, it makes it sound like it was Elway's choice not to accept Bowlen's offer

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I thought it was Kaiser who blocked it?

                              Comment


                              • Old Coyote
                                Old Coyote commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Yeah. That's exactly how I heard it. Dude had right of first refusal and threatened a law suit against the NFL and the Broncos. And the NFL put the kybosh on the whole situation before it could get off the ground.
                            Working...
                            X